PDA

View Full Version : BW-372



Wurkeri
03-06-2008, 07:31 AM
Ok, now it's official:

http://www.k-silmailumuseo.fi/?action=arkisto&RYHMA=79&ID=

http://www.peda.net/veraja/jklmlk/tikkakoski/ilmailu/ajankohtaista

BillyTheKid_22
03-06-2008, 07:41 AM
http://www.warbirdforum.com/bw372found.jpg

Jaws2002
03-06-2008, 09:44 AM
Originally posted by Wurkeri:
Ok, now it's official:

http://www.k-silmailumuseo.fi/?action=arkisto&RYHMA=79&ID=

http://www.peda.net/veraja/jklmlk/tikkakoski/ilmailu/ajankohtaista


http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gifAny sort of translation would do. or at least some explanation http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/1072.gif



http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:l4WbYczwOND5xM:http://132.205.58.29/JMSBCareerFair2005/images/logos/clarica.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

leitmotiv
03-06-2008, 10:22 AM
?

Mr_Zooly
03-06-2008, 10:47 AM
Is that the only 'surviving' Buffalo?

PBNA-Boosher
03-06-2008, 11:15 AM
It was discovered in Lake Karelia a few years ago and after a few "scuffles" it was moved to Pensacola, Florida. I tried to do a little research in the US national archives regarding BW-372's ownership, but I was not able to find any documents that stated that BW-372 was bought by Finland, even though I know it was. The only document relating even slightly to the purchase of Brewster Buffalo aircraft that I found in NARA was a memo from the FAF to the USN asking how to best ditch the B-239 over water. The Navy referred them to the Brewster Aeronautics Co. That was it. When I asked if the Finnish museum would like the photocopies I'd made of any of these documents, they politely declined, stating that they were happy that the Buffalo was going to be taken care of and presented in Finnish colors in Pensacola.

I hope that's still the case.

Grendel-B
03-06-2008, 11:43 AM
http://www.virtualpilots.fi/feature/articles/bw372lecture/

FiAW_Vaijy
03-06-2008, 11:57 AM
It is now back in "home" in Finland for some years as museum of Pensacola has loaned it to a finnish aviation museum to Jyväskylä/Finland

It will be published officially in the weekend when there is the Finnish Airforce 90-years anniversary.The Brewster will be remained as it is and not be restored exept cleaning and maybe adding some missing parts. Exibition for public will open 10.3.2008 http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif

BWaltteri
03-06-2008, 01:02 PM
http://www.mannerheim.fi/valokuva/06/lentok2.gif

Just to remind of the celebration issue.

Flyfinn
03-07-2008, 05:07 AM
Hi.. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Great news Wurkeri.. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/clap.gif
I just wish somebody at 1998..had manice
to get,maybe phonecompany Nokia to buy this plane.
And all the visitors over the years had paid
the money back to Nokia.. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif
Just my idea..
Well Nokia should buy it and let Pensacola restore it.. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/touche.gif
Grendel-B..Cant you call Olli-Pekka Kallasvou
and ask.. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

general_kalle
03-07-2008, 06:59 AM
why not repaired and restorated. imagine having a flying Brewster.
would be cool

PBNA-Boosher
03-07-2008, 09:41 AM
Originally posted by FiAW_Vaijy:
It is now back in "home" in Finland for some years as museum of Pensacola has loaned it to a finnish aviation museum to Jyväskylä/Finland

It will be published officially in the weekend when there is the Finnish Airforce 90-years anniversary.The Brewster will be remained as it is and not be restored exept cleaning and maybe adding some missing parts. Exibition for public will open 10.3.2008 http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif

That is excellent news! Congratulations!

BWaltteri
03-08-2008, 06:17 AM
Originally posted by Flyfinn:
Hi.. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Great news Wurkeri.. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/clap.gif
I just wish somebody at 1998..had manice
to get,maybe phonecompany Nokia to buy this plane.
And all the visitors over the years had paid
the money back to Nokia.. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif
Just my idea..
Well Nokia should buy it and let Pensacola restore it.. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/touche.gif
Grendel-B..Cant you call Olli-Pekka Kallasvou
and ask.. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

If i remember correctly, the value of the BW is some 5,000,000 dollars. And then the restoration will cost too and who will make it? Who has the ultimate BW knowledge (and spareparts) in his possession?

Flyfinn
03-08-2008, 08:49 AM
[/QUOTE]

If i remember correctly, the value of the BW is some 5,000,000 dollars. And then the restoration will cost too and who will make it? Who has the ultimate BW knowledge (and spareparts) in his possession?[/QUOTE]

Hi..BWaltteri.. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif
ok it's worth that much now ..but back in 1998
wunder how much they sold it for??...
10 years..and not much have happend with the plane..too sad.. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/disagree.gif
well 10 years from now maybe it's flyible..

ElAurens
03-08-2008, 09:38 AM
The aircraft should be restored and not flown, IMHO. Far too rare to risk flying it, but she should be shown in all her glory, not as a crashed pile of bits.

Friendly_flyer
03-08-2008, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by ElAurens:
The aircraft should be restored and not flown, IMHO. Far too rare to risk flying it, but she should be shown in all her glory, not as a crashed pile of bits.

Actually, I like her in her actual war paint. There are hundreds of restore planes around the world in shiny new paint, showing what is very much an interpretation of what a wartime paint may have looked like. There are very few planes with their original paint, and to my view they their decision to retain the original finish is the right one. They could put her together though.

Flyfinn
03-10-2008, 04:31 AM
Hi.. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

More pics of the Bw-372..

http://www.pienoismallit.net/galleria/referenssi_3090/