PDA

View Full Version : New Cathedral Chase Scene!!

joshuagiraffe
10-14-2007, 03:14 PM
http://media.pc.ign.com/media/839/839699/vid_2161614.html

Very nice.

princeofyo
10-14-2007, 03:20 PM
Thanks! It's loading right now!

mefninja
10-14-2007, 03:22 PM
SWANKY

awesoem vid.. damn the city is soo big!!!

the start of this is the same hay stack where the monferat video ended

princeofyo
10-14-2007, 03:25 PM
WOW the city is HUGE

b-busher
10-14-2007, 03:29 PM
Load god damn you LOAD!! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/compsmash.gif

Creepy006
10-14-2007, 03:30 PM
I wonder what he's gonna do.. weird ending.

ifiwerearichman
10-14-2007, 03:31 PM
So ya, I think this game will involve +1,000 hours of exploration lol.

joshuagiraffe
10-14-2007, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by princeofyo:
WOW the city is HUGE
I know, it's hard to believe it's all interactive

b-busher
10-14-2007, 03:38 PM
WOW!! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_eek.gif http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_eek.gifno but seriously http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_eek.gifwow

saros.exe
10-14-2007, 03:48 PM
This one answers the question about toggleable HUD http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

MrMoo333
10-14-2007, 03:52 PM
OH EM GEE!!!!!

webswinger93
10-14-2007, 03:55 PM
This is the best AC vid i've seen so far... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/clap.gif
It was so awesome when he swung under the shopping stand... *Drooling* And look at the graphics. Excuse me i'm gonna go sleep now until november 16th. *drooling some more*

(Why isn't there a drooling smiley? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif Very well I'll use this one instead. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/53.gif)

NOXER36
10-14-2007, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by webswinger93:
This is the best AC vid i've seen so far... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/clap.gif
It was so awesome when he swung under the shopping stand... *Drooling* And look at the graphics. Excuse me i'm gonna go sleep now until november 16th. *drooling some more*

(Why isn't there a drooling smiley? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif Very well I'll use this one instead. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/53.gif)

We should freeze you like Cartman in Southpark.

AP0LL0316
10-14-2007, 04:08 PM
Thanks!!!

K_Falcon
10-14-2007, 04:12 PM
LoL this video is right after the Montferrat Walthrough if you look closely but man that city is HUGE.

Royal.Mist
10-14-2007, 04:32 PM
I think this video is seriously disappointing. The Guard AI is completely stupid not to mention the obvious disregard for the damage he received from the two arrows.

At one point when running through the market and Altair slows the first guard to get close immediately slows down to enter combat and continues to walk after Altair even though Altair had run off, leaving him dawdling behind the pack. It's quite exploitable.

Some of their speech didn't exactly flow, referenced again in the market scene as well as when Altair begins his ascent up the cathedral. I thought I heard a guard remark: He's got to be around here somewhere.

WTF? Look up at that giant piece of white cloth climbing the wall.

The lack of realistic response to damage is another disappointment. Two arrows, no obvious damage and no arrow stuck in his back. Lame.

Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe I'm not.

EDIT: And this whole sci-fi thing (now watching the walkthrough that is supposedly it's predecessor) is seriously annoying. Takes away from the atmosphere of the game and leaves you, the gamer, detached from what's happening. I'm worried that after we get passed the flashy running, graphics and climbing we will be left with an underworked game.

EDIT2: "Checkpoint Reached".... what the hell is that?

K_Falcon
10-14-2007, 04:35 PM
Uhm maybe you should know that they were rocks watch the video carefully next time before you come in saying BS about it.

Royal.Mist
10-14-2007, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by K_Falcon:
Uhm maybe you should know that they were rocks watch the video carefully next time before you come in saying BS about it.

Calm down fan boy. I'm merely stating my observations about the video.

princeofyo
10-14-2007, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by Royal.Mist:
I think this video is seriously disappointing. The Guard AI is completely stupid not to mention the obvious disregard for the damage he received from the two arrows.

At one point when running through the market and Altair slows the first guard to get close immediately slows down to enter combat and continues to walk after Altair even though Altair had run off, leaving him dawdling behind the pack. It's quite exploitable.

Some of their speech didn't exactly flow, referenced again in the market scene as well as when Altair begins his ascent up the cathedral. I thought I heard a guard remark: He's got to be around here somewhere.

The lack of realistic response to damage is another disappointment. Two arrows, no obvious damage and no arrow stuck in his back. Lame.

EDIT: And this whole sci-fi thing (now watching the walkthrough that is supposedly it's predecessor) is seriously annoying. Takes away from the atmosphere of the game and leaves you, the gamer, detached from what's happening. I'm worried that after we get passed the flashy running, graphics and climbing we will be left with an underworked game.

First of all where did you see him getting hit by arrows? Which video? What time?

EDIT: Are you kidding? You mixed up a rock and an arrow?

Second of all it's a game

Third of all, if you're going to nitpick every little thing about this game, do the world a favor and not buy the game.

It's like saying, "WTF is an Italian plumber doing bouncing on mushrooms? OMG are you kidding? The Princess is in ANOTHER CASTLE?!"

Royal.Mist
10-14-2007, 04:43 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Royal.Mist:

First of all where did you see him getting hit by arrows? Which video? What time?

Third of all, if you're going to nitpick every little thing about this game, do the world a favor and not buy the game.

It's like saying, "WTF is an Italian plumber doing bouncing on mushrooms? OMG are you kidding? The Princess is in ANOTHER
CASTLE?!" </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The fanboys ARE out in force today.

I accept I was wrong about the arrows, it never came to me that they might be something else, I just remember seeing a screenshot of Altair on top of the cathedral killing an archer and presumed thats what they were considering archers fire arrows, not rocks.

Second, yes it's a game. A game going for realism.

Three, how is me not buying the game going to benefit anyone? There is no online, you wouldn't even know? Seriously kid, come up with another one.

Again, Mario - ****, Assassin's Creed - Realism

EDIT: The projectile was not visible, therefore any assumption could have been made.

K_Falcon
10-14-2007, 04:46 PM
Are you talking about the bald guard at 0:29?

princeofyo
10-14-2007, 04:54 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by princeofyo:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Royal.Mist:

It's like saying, "WTF is an Italian plumber doing bouncing on mushrooms? OMG are you kidding? The Princess is in ANOTHER

I accept I was wrong about the arrows, it never came to me that they might be something else, I just remember seeing a screenshot of Altair on top of the cathedral killing an archer and presumed thats what they were considering archers fire arrows, not rocks.

Three, how is me not buying the game going to benefit anyone? There is no online, you wouldn't even know? Seriously kid, come up with another one.

Again, Mario - ****, Assassin's Creed - Realism </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No....no...don't come in here willy nilly spewing **** that no one wants to hear. Some of us have been waiting for this game for about 2 years, me included. Do you honestly for one moment think that any of us wants to hear all of your little rants about the tiniest little problems with the game? It really gets me POed when people just pick out the little things in the game, and act as if it will ruin the game. I encounter people like you everytime I go on a game forum. As you can imagine it gets me a bit irratated. What's your favorite game, or what game (besides AC maybe) are you REALLY excited for? How would you like it if I nitpicked it to death.

Since I've been waiting for this game for two years and it is easily my most anticipated game ever since the third Prince of Persia game, then yea, I'll defend the game as much as I can. But Fanboy? You, sir, do not know me, so don't act like you do....got it?

And most importantly, never...ever call me a kid. Like I said before, you don't know my age, you don't know me, so don't act like you do.

Every game has it's fault (Except Chrono Trigger) and when your dealing with a huge freeroaming, go anywhere game like Assassin's Creed, then their are bound to be problems. However I am very impressed with Ubisoft on how they are fixing everything, all those little problems that you nitpicked should be fixed by the end.

There I'm done.

Royal.Mist
10-14-2007, 04:55 PM
Are you talking about the bald guard at 0:29?

No, at the 50 second mark.

mefninja
10-14-2007, 04:59 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by princeofyo:

Again, Mario - ****, Assassin's Creed - Realism

EDIT: The projectile was not visible, therefore any assumption could have been made. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

First off.. dont come into a assassins creed forum and complain about fanboys of the game.

Actually you see the projectile hit altair then bounce off his back.. Maybe if you going to make a huge rant you should observe properly.. If you didn't notice when the guards slowed down altair ran thru a crowd of people and gaurds where falling over and knocking people down.. (sounds like good A.I to me) I dunno what you expect from A.i in a game.. please show me a game of the genre with A.I even comparable too what has been displayed so far into AC. i think its pretty good A.I if you notice they are chasing him with all swords out.. 2 of them put ther swords away and say "im gaining on you" and start running faster because his sword was put away.. after stepping into the crowd he took it out and continues to chase altair.. but the crowd slowed them down.

so please. when you make a ******ed rant about a game in a forum made for the game. please dont complain about fanboys of the game and please observe the video properly.. thanks

Royal.Mist
10-14-2007, 05:01 PM

No....no...don't come in here willy nilly spewing **** that no one wants to hear. Some of us have been waiting for this game for about 2 years, me included. Do you honestly for one moment think that any of us wants to hear all of your little rants about the tiniest little problems with the game? It really gets me POed when people just pick out the little things in the game, and act as if it will ruin the game. I encounter people like you everytime I go on a game forum. As you can imagine it gets me a bit irratated. What's your favorite game, or what game (besides AC maybe) are you REALLY excited for? How would you like it if I nitpicked it to death.

Since I've been waiting for this game for two years and it is easily my most anticipated game ever since the third Prince of Persia game, then yea, I'll defend the game as much as I can. But Fanboy? You, sir, do not know me, so don't act like you do....got it?

And most importantly, never...ever call me a kid. Like I said before, you don't know my age, you don't know me, so don't act like you do.

Every game has it's fault (Except Chrono Trigger) and when your dealing with a huge freeroaming, go anywhere game like Assassin's Creed, then their are bound to be problems. However I am very impressed with Ubisoft on how they are fixing everything, all those little problems that you nitpicked should be fixed by the end.

There I'm done. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What, you think because you've waited a long time it gives you the right to be an elitist ***** when someone voices their observations over your game? I'm not everyone you've ever met on other game forums so don't start taking your irritation out on me.

I didn't mention it because I thought everyone could gather round and have a jolly good read.

EDIT: People can enjoy coming to a forum without being obsessed fanboys of it. Just because I noted some things that irked me during the video doesn't mean I won't buy the game and it doesn't mean I won't enjoy it. I'll be too busy doing all the other things. Everyone takes the tiniest bit of criticism so personally.

mefninja
10-14-2007, 05:04 PM
its the fact that your critism was wrong because you failed to observe the game properly.

Royal.Mist
10-14-2007, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by mefninja:
its the fact that your critism was wrong because you failed to observe the game properly.

The only thing that was "wrong" was my remark about the arrow. And to add, out of the two times he was hit after re-observing I've only spotted one projectile bounce off indicating the other could in fact be in arrow, considering it came from an archer. The red flash makes it hard to see if anything does indeed bounce off.

Ammario
10-14-2007, 05:21 PM
I'm going to ignore the big debate/argument going on and just comment about the video.

The city is ENORMOUS http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_eek.gif
Ubi claims that if you play the game by only completing the the main missions, it will take 18 hours. And 40 hours if you play the side missions and jumping around. I think I can have 40 hours of gameplay just exploring acre based on the end of this video.

Kaxen6
10-14-2007, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by Ammario:
I'm going to ignore the big debate/argument going on and just comment about the video.

The city is ENORMOUS http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_eek.gif
Ubi claims that if you play the game by only completing the the main missions, it will take 18 hours. And 40 hours if you play the side missions and jumping around. I think I can have 40 hours of gameplay just exploring acre based on the end of this video.

Jeez, my internet hates me. It took me two hours to just watch the video... O.o

I think I can have 40 hours just exploring too... plus maybe another 10 where I get lost. I get so easily lost in video games, going everywhere isn't going to help! xD

K_Falcon
10-14-2007, 05:25 PM
LOL I think Royal.Mist forgot that archers have bow or crossbows because the guy that hit Altair only had a sword if you check the video again

Royal.Mist
10-14-2007, 05:26 PM
LOL I think Royal.Mist forgot that archers have bow or crossbows because the guy that hit Altair only had a sword if you check the video again

There was someone standing across from Altair when he climbed up onto the top of the cathedral. He is an archer.

K_Falcon
10-14-2007, 05:28 PM
Yea but he was still walking when Altair stood up and he got hit fast I dont think it was him due to that his weapon wasnt in his hands just watch the videos carefully before you say stuff about it please.

Royal.Mist
10-14-2007, 05:30 PM
Yea but he was still walking when Altair stood up and he got hit fast I dont think it was him due to that his weapon wasnt in his hands just watch the videos carefully before you say stuff about it please.

Not even you can verify which of them hit Altair the first time so you can't exactly tell me to watch more carefully before commenting otherwise you wouldn't be in here either.

princeofyo
10-14-2007, 05:32 PM

There I'm done. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What, you think because you've waited a long time it gives you the right to be an elitist ***** when someone voices their observations over your game? I'm not everyone you've ever met on other game forums so don't start taking your irritation out on me.

I didn't mention it because I thought everyone could gather round and have a jolly good read.

EDIT: People can enjoy coming to a forum without being obsessed fanboys of it. Just because I noted some things that irked me during the video doesn't mean I won't buy the game and it doesn't mean I won't enjoy it. I'll be too busy doing all the other things. Everyone takes the tiniest bit of criticism so personally. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, no you are just like everyone I've meet on other video game forums that for some odd reason, just like to critize. Arrogent, stubborn, you show a lot of signs boy.

Am I acting like an elitest? God no, I'm acting like a person who has waited years for this game and wants it done right. Which seeing the new videos, it looks like it is being done right. Oh sure there are some glitches here and there but the game isn't done yet so I'm not worried.

Unlike some people in the gaming world, I don't look at a new video and see all the bad. I look and notice the good first then watch again and look in detail for anything I don't like. But not you. There was a TON of good looking things in this video, but did you even bother telling us one? No.

How old are you? Do you not understand how revolutionary this game is? From the controls to the style? Jesus, I remember picking up Super Mario Bros. years and years ago and thinking it was the greatest thing ever. If you took a video game lover from the 1980's and dropped him into 2007 I think he's heart would stop from amazement.

Besides, he was clearly hit with a rock, it was round for godsake.

mefninja
youy also see a rock in the guys hand

K_Falcon
Yea but its quite obvious its not him so it wasnt an arrow because if it was why didnt they hit him again.

papaj978
10-14-2007, 06:09 PM
i dont understand why everyone has to be arguing about such little details. obviously, since assassins creed is the first game of its kind, there are going to be problems with it. No one is going to make a game that is the first of its kind and have it perfect without bugs and glitches. Thats what AC 2 and 3 are for. Assassins Creed 1 is just the beginning.

iPlunder
10-14-2007, 06:38 PM
guard 1: Guys, this rock won't shoot out of my longbow!

guard 2: it's ok, just throw it at him! Some idiot might mistake if for an arrow anyone!

guard 1: How can anyone possibly mistake this very blunt rock for a slim arrow!

guard 2: No idea, must be ******ed. Wait, wheres that guy in the white robe???

Royal.Mist
10-14-2007, 07:53 PM
As expected all the angry people have come in force shaking their fists at someone criticizing their poor game.

Get a life, it was just an observation and I have admitted I was wrong. Stop beating the dead mistake. It's dead. Leave it be.

K_Falcon
10-14-2007, 07:58 PM
Yea guys this discussion died about 2hrs ago so no more dispute.

princeofyo
10-14-2007, 08:14 PM
As expected all the angry people have come in force shaking their fists at someone criticizing their poor game.

Get a life, it was just an observation and I have admitted I was wrong. Stop beating the dead mistake. It's dead. Leave it be.

Yea whatever, next time though don't come in here critizing the game for it's mistakes it doesn't actually have, and thinking you won't upset some people who've been waiting years for the game, cause frankly, that's just rude as hell to the fans of the game and it's creators. If you HAVE to critize something at least say it with some decency, not going around saying, "lame" etc. etc.. And don't come in here thinking you know us all. It really pisses me off. But whatever, the arguings done, you're not worth my time anymore.

mefninja
10-14-2007, 08:16 PM

they wont stop.. until you stop positng

K_Falcon
10-14-2007, 08:21 PM
Yea and only a few people can say its lame because only few people in the world can make a game that is awesome so I think most of us dont qualify in saying it sucks because you probably dont know how to make a game.

So I would like to see you make a game without glitches and bugs and with freerunning plus with the 3 big cities it has. Then you can come back and criticize so until then dont criticize.

DemonikCrow666
10-14-2007, 09:02 PM
Seeing the size of this ONE city makes me think that we should all find the High Points in all the cities BEFORE we get deep in the story, look at the bright side, you may be doing quite several sidequests as we walk the dark alleys of Jerusalem, Acre, and Damascus. And plus it'll get us prepared with the controls and we'll be much more skilled when running away like little girls from vidious man-eating bloody-mouthed lions. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

FrozenFire550
10-14-2007, 09:17 PM
Can't we all just get along? <:]
*e-hug*

Phhht..no.
But yeah, I can't watch this on my dial-up connection...I have to wait for someone to upload it on youtube <_<

..hint hint...do it now.

Photus
10-14-2007, 10:08 PM
Man that city's huge! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_eek.gif

eliteassassin69
10-14-2007, 10:36 PM
Originally posted by FrozenFire550:
Can't we all just get along? <:]
*e-hug*

Phhht..no.
But yeah, I can't watch this on my dial-up connection...I have to wait for someone to upload it on youtube <_<

..hint hint...do it now.

lol yes cant we along. yes mist was an idiot for mistakin a large circular rock for an arrow but he admitid it. but anyways he should know that they always put on godmode so they dont accidentaly die in the demonstration. so next time he survives a arrow to the back or a sword to the head just remember that they are in god mode. Also the idiocy of the guards will just make the game funner http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif so lets forget the argument and talk about vid also if we dont get back on topic ziggy will close this prob.

(Back on topic http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif)
did you see when the first guard lunges for altair and ends up beating up the poor innocent guy http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif and no wonder that they have probs fitting it into a dvd lol. wow that city is so big... imagin that plus 2 more cities and a kingdom inbetween.... wow

btw I did notice that the 2 people above me are already talkin about vid but I put in to much work into that paragraph to waste it http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Thumper1980
10-15-2007, 01:11 AM
Sif you'd throw a rock at a guy climbing the stained glass windows of a church.

That could go down badly next time at confession. Poor gross motor skills aren't a valid excuse to desecrate the "house of god".

Rofl. Top argument by the way, kept me entertained for a while. I know there was a few wtf moments, but Patrice covered his arse well when he said "people were pretty dumb during the crusades" @ PAX when that guard just randomly ran off the edge of a building http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

So, be good to each other dudes.

Cheers fellas.

sweetlou280
10-15-2007, 01:11 AM
We have been judging this game so harshly, that some of us aren't able to see how amazing it really is. They freak out and post a "Look-at-this-this-game-isn't-as-good-as-you-say." post whenever Altair's cloak goes into a beam when he crouches. If we were to judge any other game on this judging system then every single one of them would be a major dissppointment. What I find amazing is that as hard as we judge this game, and how many negative posts people put up...it is STILL the most advanced game that has graced this earth since Pong. No one has done anything new since Golden Eye came out...finally I don't have to shoot aliens, or drift around a corner, or grenade a german!!!! Finally they made a game where there is total freedom, with AMAZING GRAPHICS (And YES it has won awards for all that) and a game that is so realistic that when I show my friends the gameplay in the school library, someone a couple feet away always asking me when that awesome movie is gonna come out that i watched the trailer too.

lnhumancode
10-15-2007, 01:39 AM
Anyone have a download link? IGN video viewer hates me and I'm not an insider. Thanks.

AirRon_2K7
10-15-2007, 01:47 AM

----------------

----------------

EDIT: People can enjoy coming to a forum without being obsessed fanboys of it. Just because I noted some things that irked me during the video doesn't mean I won't buy the game and it doesn't mean I won't enjoy it. I'll be too busy doing all the other things. Everyone takes the tiniest bit of criticism so personally. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wow, Mist. You say we're over reacting, when almost half of your argument was about the 'arrows' a third was about the sci fi, and the rest was on the guards AI... just incase you didn't get that:

50% Arrow Problem
33.3% Sci-Fi
26.7% Guards AI, and Realism

Now I don't need to tell you that half of your argument needs to be dropped. I won't focus my reply on that, in fact, I'll try to reply as logically as I can.

This is Patrice's game, he wanted his game to be set during the third crusade, but he also wanted this Sci-Fi stuff to be in there. Now, its hard to like this glowin' stuff, since we don't know why its there, but reviewers like IGN DO know about it now, since they've enjoyed extended hands-on time. Not once have they mentioned that the Sci-Fi stuff sucks, so maybe you need to think that: Once you know why its there, it won't be such a problem anymore.

The guards AI is debatable tbh, you don't like it, I like it. You (or maybe not you, but many others) seem to think that the guards are pants-on-head-******ed because they attack one at a time, and they EVEN let you get up once you've been knocked down. You haven't mentioned this particular thing so i'll be brief. Attacking all at once is a very unprofessional way of fighting, dangerous too. Since everyone would be moving in on the target, it means you don't have much room to swing your sword, you can't easily dodge out of the way of attacks, and there's a bloody good chance that your next strike will land on your buddies neck. The fallen down thing is a combination of honour, courtesy and again common sense.

I don't see everyone's problem with the rest of the guards AI, in fact, there isn't really one. They see you do something bad, they run after you. You kill them, they die. You push them, they fall over. You block their way, and they stop.

Drifting over the rock topic for just a moment, the guard acted quite logically by doing that, not only did he somehow get onto the roof (a sword weilding guard isn't just on the roof, he wouldn't be too much help >.> ) but he's trying to get you down by throwing stuff at you. If the player didn't grap back on, he would have fallen and probably would have had to engage the guard in combat.

Pfft, nothing else to say about Guard's AI, I like it, you don't.

The realism... I don't know when it happened, but somewhere along the lines of production, people started to think that this was a realism game. If you've ever seen moqqy post, its either to say something sarcastic, or saying how it isn't realistic. He's right, this game has shown MANY such instanses where realism is replaced with playability. Have you SEEN some of the jumps that Altair attempts, successfully? He can jump into a bale of hay, from great heights, and climb out uninjured. He can jump from rooftop to rooftop, many meters apart, without much of a run-up. All of these instances, and people still think that its the Sci-Fi glow stuff that ruins the realism. The game didn't have that much to start off with. The only truly realistic settings are the time its set, the graphics and the deaths... The rest has been replaced so that the gamer can have as much fun as possible, not so that realism buffs can say "Oh, his leg broke very realisticly after that jump".

----------------------

Now, as I recently posted in my blog (http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-tongue.gif), this trailer shows - in my opinion - THE best climbing footage that I've ever seen. Not only that but its uber cool to see how big ONE city is, not to mention the kingdoms in between http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif.

----------------------

This game makes me smile (I'm not going soppy, don't worry) because its one of those games that appeal to everyone. I'd buy the game just to walk around the city, but I don't have to JUST walk around anything, I can climb whatever the hell I like, kill whoever the hell I like and do whatever the hell I want. What else could you want from a game?

Wow, long post... very long post lol.

CouchZombie
10-15-2007, 02:10 AM
I would just like to remind everybody to stay on the topic of this thread, no more flaming or warnings and suspensions will be handed out.

Arkadian1987
10-15-2007, 02:41 AM
Gosh darnet! why do I always keep missing posts of the new vids http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

I can see what people mean by the size of the city! and yer it is huge! lol. I can see myself playing this game for more than 40 hours thats for sure!

One more thing! Its freaky how fast all the guards pop out and within a few secounds you got about 6 after ya!. Tho I think its great, more for me to kill! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/784.gif

Golani2007
10-15-2007, 05:07 AM
this is the continuation of the vid "montferret something" right?

ParanoiD84
10-15-2007, 05:20 AM
Originally posted by Golani2007:
this is the continuation of the vid "montferret something" right?

Yes it is.

Bujaa
10-15-2007, 05:50 AM
Awesome vid,

And i thinks it's cool that the guard tries to get you down by throwing rocks , instead of other games were they just stand there and shout at you :P

mattsays
10-15-2007, 07:28 AM
can anybody who has downloaded the hi-res version of this video post it so we can all download it.

samo3000
10-15-2007, 09:26 AM
*EDIT*
Sorry, i saw this on the first page and didnt think to check for anymore pages :P soz http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

but on the otherhand..
you will probbably spend half the game asking for directions :P

Wildfang_
10-15-2007, 10:31 AM
did anyone notice the checkpoint flag at the end. when cam turns you see it light up just like you were locking a guard.

JackTR1992
10-15-2007, 10:41 AM
DOES ANYONE ELSE WANT TO SEE HIM JUMP FROM THE TOP OF THAT CATHEDRAL!
Is there any videos of Altair falling to his death yet? And if so, does he scream like a women? lol

Stiler
10-15-2007, 10:53 AM
That city looked freaking huge, so many places to explore.

Overall it was a great video, but many do they SERIOUSLY have to have those helix's flash so many times when you are being chased and such? I mean ask yourselves, is it vital to the storyline? What purpose does it serve? To me, they are far more annoying that any "remind that you aren't really in the time period." I can grasp that through the other hints and cutscenes/storylines, I do not have some ADD child attention span.

mynameismyself
10-15-2007, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by Stiler:
That city looked freaking huge, so many places to explore.

Overall it was a great video, but many do they SERIOUSLY have to have those helix's flash so many times when you are being chased and such? I mean ask yourselves, is it vital to the storyline? What purpose does it serve? To me, they are far more annoying that any "remind that you aren't really in the time period." I can grasp that through the other hints and cutscenes/storylines, I do not have some ADD child attention span.

When the screen glitches, you press certain button and the camera view changes. Notice it when William talks to some guy and the screen glitches, then the player clicks a button and you see them actually talking face to face. It was the same with E3 07 demo.

membernametaken
10-15-2007, 01:59 PM
That's intense.

I just about swallowed my tongue when he got hit by the rock and almost fell off the tower.

Assasinoftheold
10-15-2007, 02:01 PM
Can u go in the cathedral? The door looked as though it wasnt http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

Lhorkan
10-15-2007, 02:19 PM
You normally don't go into interiors in AC, unless it's your HQ or crucial for the storyline.

I really liked the vid, the only thing displeasing was the camera angle during the chase. You can barely see what's going on in front of you, whereas that is the only thing you actually have to see when trying to get away. Now it's more of a police car chase by shaky news blimp perspective. D:

eliteassassin69
10-15-2007, 05:02 PM
you can also go in houses of people youve helped to escape guards

sweetlou280
10-15-2007, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by Lhorkan:
You normally don't go into interiors in AC, unless it's your HQ or crucial for the storyline.

I really liked the vid, the only thing displeasing was the camera angle during the chase. You can barely see what's going on in front of you, whereas that is the only thing you actually have to see when trying to get away. Now it's more of a police car chase by shaky news blimp perspective. D:

The guy playing pressed a button to make it zoom out, I saw an interview on this somewhere I'll try to find it but...when the white numbers/letters/lines flood your screen it is a sign that if you press your Eagle Vision, it will give you a new camera angle to see whats going on behind you. You don't have to use that camera angle if you don't want to.

Shadowriderj
10-15-2007, 08:14 PM
Wow, the city is quite huge I must say. Good show Ubisoft.

whoopedazz
10-16-2007, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by iPlunder:
guard 1: Guys, this rock won't shoot out of my longbow!

guard 2: it's ok, just throw it at him! Some idiot might mistake if for an arrow anyone!

guard 1: How can anyone possibly mistake this very blunt rock for a slim arrow!

guard 2: No idea, must be ******ed. Wait, wheres that guy in the white robe???

Hahahah! XD IM CRYING, FOR GOD SAKE! XDDDD!!
Omg, this saved my day.. hahah! XD
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/35.gif
Oh, thank you ^^ ..

OK.. Back to reaility.. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif
Damn, thats just 1 city.. There are 2 more!
And if they are like that one, ..
And there are also outside the cities..
You say you could use 40 hours on exploring..
I could FOR SURE, use more.. ^^
Beautyfull graphic, .. Also I'm sad of hearing the same voice saying the same line over and over again, but I guess that they are fixing that .. (:
And im giving the guy that said that this game is just the beginning. I totaly agree, think about it.. We're talking about Assassins Creed, the first game of its sort. Give it a chance!

KlNDRED
10-16-2007, 04:02 PM
why didnt he keep going up?