PDA

View Full Version : To lock on enemies

RaidenAssassin
09-29-2007, 08:01 AM
Hi I´m new here. I watched the interview trailer at ign and the developer mentioned that they have added an arrow when the assassin targets an enemy and there are futuristic signs that start to glow when an enemy is targeted. I saw other videos and the signs were not there. I´m sorry if this has been mentioned before but will the signs always be a part of gameplay? It stood out in a bad way for me. My friend told me it has to do with some virtual reality stuff from the story. I´d like to know if it´s possible to turn off the signs which look very distracting in the medieval setting.

KlNDRED
09-29-2007, 09:10 AM
maybe they are distracting because we dont know where they are from just yet. Maybe when the game comes out and you actually play it, it all falls in perfectly and they end up helping you more than distracting you http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

RaidenAssassin
09-29-2007, 09:31 AM
The signs will certainly help to target enemies but it would be better if they show up just for a second once an enemy is targeted and then disappear instead of glowing until the kill. They are way too distracting now. Another way would be to just have the arrow above a soldiers head for the targeting.

zxssded_705
09-30-2007, 07:30 AM
yeah i saw it as well and i think it is anoying as well and in 1 tralier then altiar killed some1 it turned from blue into red.... and whats with the background when altiar kills his prey?

yehonatan.roth
09-30-2007, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by RaidenAssassin:
The signs will certainly help to target enemies but it would be better if they show up just for a second once an enemy is targeted and then disappear instead of glowing until the kill. They are way too distracting now. Another way would be to just have the arrow above a soldiers head for the targeting.

let me enlighten you (enlighten to strong of a word i guess)
i had played more then once games that had such a arrow target system when the target goes in a crowed finding him/her will be a problem to my thoughts i think the glowing system is to do just that to help you spot out your target in dense crowd's witch will be a great pursuit and you wont loose him...
the adding of the arrow is to see above the crowed.

all of this is an assumption but i thought it over and this is the best logical explanation...