PDA

View Full Version : Disecting IL-2s A/C Models

Hans_Philipp
11-29-2004, 12:48 PM
After trying to refine my tactics as regards bombers, I thought it would be a very useful thing if we had "disections" of IL-2s aircraft models, showing what each area of the plane houses, and therefore what we can destroy.

There are more intricacies besides the engine, cockpit and fuel tanks, and so it would be very helpful to have a small program that allows you to view the models with little boxes and arrows around each area, explaining what is housed underneath.

Is anything like this available, or has anyone thought about making such a utility?

P.S.: While a program would be fantastic, it could be considered as a luxury, so in all fairness, even a webpage showcasing what I talked about would serve the purpose.

Hans_Philipp
11-29-2004, 12:48 PM
After trying to refine my tactics as regards bombers, I thought it would be a very useful thing if we had "disections" of IL-2s aircraft models, showing what each area of the plane houses, and therefore what we can destroy.

There are more intricacies besides the engine, cockpit and fuel tanks, and so it would be very helpful to have a small program that allows you to view the models with little boxes and arrows around each area, explaining what is housed underneath.

Is anything like this available, or has anyone thought about making such a utility?

P.S.: While a program would be fantastic, it could be considered as a luxury, so in all fairness, even a webpage showcasing what I talked about would serve the purpose.

clint-ruin
11-29-2004, 01:21 PM
Needs someone to go through and take screenshots of the collision model and DM sitting in it per plane. There have been dev. update shots of these being made posted, a year or two ago, and I think Gib threw one into one of the .50 cal threads. Still if 1c have a spare intern around who could get some screenshots then I'd love to see them myself :>