PDA

View Full Version : carrier speed

eneg2
06-12-2005, 06:32 AM
I am having continued failur in taking off the carrier, inspite of some very good help from the forum. I have downloaded 3.04,and lightened the weight. I am flying F6F-5. I notice that in the training vidio the speed accro the desk is 30KPH but in the Carrier "single Mission" carrier take off the speed is 10.Is there a way to increase the carrier speed? Thanks

STENKA_69GIAP
06-12-2005, 06:54 AM
Open mission with Full Mission Builder click on carrier, view object then go through each of the Waypoints changing speed to 99kmh - this will set it to its maximum speed - for example 56Kmh on Essex Class or 57Kmh on Akagai.

Also you could set carrier travelling South - on most of the Pacific maps prevailing wind direction is mostly North - this can get you an extra 10Kmh of wind across the deck.

If you want some more fun set time to 7AM and conditions to STORM then you can get 30Kmh+ gusts of wind.

Nimits
06-12-2005, 01:42 PM
mostly North

If wind is from the North, wouldn't you want your carrier pointing North as well?

STENKA_69GIAP
06-12-2005, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by Nimits:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">mostly North

If wind is from the North, wouldn't you want your carrier pointing North as well? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Note I said prevailing wind direction is North not from the North - set carrier direction south - into wind