PDA

View Full Version : No more "ubi please come through threads" this is why

Kev5890
03-20-2006, 08:07 PM
http://xbox360.1up.com/do/previewPage?cId=3148874&did=13
Has a video interview with devs and 2 pages of impressions from Kimi who went to ubisoft.

So im readying and i stumble on this:
"returning to the core values of Rainbow Six." With the team that worked on Rainbow Six 3 behind it,

We have our series back guys!

Defuser
03-20-2006, 09:05 PM
Very interesting and nice to see them endeavouring to cater to the realism crowd while attempting something somewhat 'cinematic'. If this is what the console crowd is going to get, a cinemtic and entirely slick presentation, I look forward to playing it. It is not, however, what I deem Rainbow to be and I hope the PC crowd get something else!

I especially like the idea of attempting to stradle realism and cinema, and on that side of the battle, 'realism' seems to be winning (or rather, believability seems to be winning). I am one of those people who would prefer to see the operators behave in exactly the same, trained way. But then again, I'm not really the target audience for this game as I prefer strict realism in the portrayal of special forces as opposed to an attempt to engender them with personality.

If I was a console gamer, I would be remarkably happy to see what is on the horizon. It seems to me to be a good blend of a cinematic singleplayer experience and a believable squad based shooter. This seems to me to be a recognition and an understanding of the fact that there are, try as we might to show it differently, different markets for different platforms (as was the admission with GRAW on 360 versus PC). As a PC gamer, I want to see something more. What there is here speaks of optimism and a recognition that there are benefits to realism in a game. With the PC version being handled by a separate team, I think we can expect big things from Ubisoft.

Real720
03-23-2006, 02:40 PM
No offense, but you're very late on that fact.

David.Ubi.Cust
03-23-2006, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by Defuser:
... With the PC version being handled by a separate team, I think we can expect big things from Ubisoft.

UBI telling us that they have separate things for separate platforms is probably very far from the truth.

After Lockdown's catastrophe, they know that PC people fear another port above everything else. They know that saying "It's not a port!" won't be enough to convince PC customers. So the first step for them is making people believe that they have one team exclusively dedicated to the PC version.

Yeah...right...

We'll see how much the PC demo end up being so different from the 360 version... I'm ready to bet that we'll see the same flashy graphics trying to blur the same lame AI and gameplay!

UBI is building it's own special kind of strong reputation! They have a fairly established proven track record to maintain...

Defuser
03-24-2006, 08:52 AM
At this early stage, who can tell what the game is going to be like on the PC? All we know is that there is a separate team working on it and that is all. We have no idea what it shares with the 360 version, if anything, and that is it. We have no details, we have no screens, we have nothing. NOTHING!

With that in mind, I am speaking as though I am willing to give them the benefit of the doubt. It is too early to make a judgement either way. What I actually said was 'WITH SEPARATE TEAMS, I THINK WE CAN EXPECT BIG THINGS'. I.e. Look at GRAW on the PC. That is shaping up to be incredibly impressive (highly realistic, very good graphics, excellent AI by all accounts). Go read the first reports, previews and screens posted by some fans of the original Ghost Recon who recently got a chance to play the game. Latest screens at www.ghostrecon.net (http://www.ghostrecon.net) latest reports at www.ghost-recon.dk (http://www.ghost-recon.dk) - they are overwhelmingly positive and glowing. Now read this - what I mean by the statement that there are separate teams is that it is a tacit implication that they know the PC is a different market with different needs and different expectations. Like GRAW, if both versions are developed in tandem but separately, we 'can' (doesn't mean its definite - nothing is at this stage) expect big things.

nastyman2k6
03-24-2006, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by Kev5890:
http://xbox360.1up.com/do/previewPage?cId=3148874&did=13
Has a video interview with devs and 2 pages of impressions from Kimi who went to ubisoft.

So im readying and i stumble on this:
"returning to the core values of Rainbow Six." With the team that worked on Rainbow Six 3 behind it,

We have our series back guys!

yeah right, like critical hour was a return to core gameplay, ill believe it when a person who has played all r6's since pt 1 for pc has played it, ubi has no cred, they flat out lied about critical hour, i dont believe anything they say

captmac07
03-25-2006, 05:06 PM
Just a thought, but besides the monetary investment in games development why not produce a completely different game for the "Hollywood Movie" type games and leave the core gameplay alone in games like RS6. This is a great series, in fact I really only play RS6 and Ghost Recon on XBOX, and now GRAW no the 360 which in my opinion is a fantastic game. I don't play PC version's anymore because of medical problems with my hands but really liked those as well. Would love to see the first Ghost Recon redone for the XBOX 360, not Backward compatiable but made for it. Imagine Red Sqaure with the snow on the 360.