PDA

View Full Version : New water splashes

Choctaw111
11-22-2004, 04:04 PM
Thank you very much for the new water splashes. They look great for the actual splash effect than the old white "puffs". They are awesome for the 30mm canon and others large explosive shells but I can hardley see the splashes for the the smaller calibers, even the 20mm cannon. Also is there a way to get the small caiber gun (.303, 30cal, ShKAS) splashes to last longer like the larger calibers? As soon as the bullets hit the water the splashes just quickly flash up and disappear. Did you know about this? If so was this done intentionally to save on framerates? Is there a way to turn on the regular splashes like they were back in the original IL2? When I hit the water with my small caliber guns I want to see some real splashes that don't just flash a disappear. If there is a way to get these splashes back to "normal" please let me know.

Choctaw111
11-22-2004, 04:04 PM
Thank you very much for the new water splashes. They look great for the actual splash effect than the old white "puffs". They are awesome for the 30mm canon and others large explosive shells but I can hardley see the splashes for the the smaller calibers, even the 20mm cannon. Also is there a way to get the small caiber gun (.303, 30cal, ShKAS) splashes to last longer like the larger calibers? As soon as the bullets hit the water the splashes just quickly flash up and disappear. Did you know about this? If so was this done intentionally to save on framerates? Is there a way to turn on the regular splashes like they were back in the original IL2? When I hit the water with my small caliber guns I want to see some real splashes that don't just flash a disappear. If there is a way to get these splashes back to "normal" please let me know.

p1ngu666
11-22-2004, 05:48 PM
i could scan some pics i got of watersplashes for 20mm, and maybe 303, prolly have some 50cal too

nares
11-22-2004, 05:49 PM
i dont know how to help you,but i would like too congratulate 1C for th enew splashes and suggest when posible more work in this aim ,in example ricochets in strafing that i ve seen in lots guncam over ground or sea,specilly with 50 cal.
And a must have, oil and remains after a ship its sunk or heavy damaged.

pourshot
11-23-2004, 04:55 AM
If you like the splashs then you need the Beaufighter like in my sig http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

SeaFireLIV
11-23-2004, 06:41 AM
Even though I still haven`t got 3.01 yet, from the screenshots I`ve seen the Splahes look much, much better. It`s this sort of Attention to Immersion (hmm, could be a new buzz word ATI!!) that makes IL2 for me more than ultra accurate to the millimetre flight models.

Looking forward to flying low and skimming past that white water!