PDA

View Full Version : need some advice on installing skins

scottmal1
10-04-2004, 03:15 AM
I've finally got round to downloading some skins and what i've found is that some are fine and others arent!The problem i have is that if i select a skin (in game) i sort of get all the skins for that paticular plane version all at once, ie; raf roundals with russian red star 'plonked' on top of it, so it looks a bit gash, i seem for some reason to get this with all the hurricane variants and the j8a, i've checked all my i-16's and they are ok,but i've not had time to check them all,any help would be much appreciated, i'm running aces,boe and op barborossa.

scottmal1
10-04-2004, 03:15 AM
I've finally got round to downloading some skins and what i've found is that some are fine and others arent!The problem i have is that if i select a skin (in game) i sort of get all the skins for that paticular plane version all at once, ie; raf roundals with russian red star 'plonked' on top of it, so it looks a bit gash, i seem for some reason to get this with all the hurricane variants and the j8a, i've checked all my i-16's and they are ok,but i've not had time to check them all,any help would be much appreciated, i'm running aces,boe and op barborossa.

ELEM
10-04-2004, 04:02 AM
Make sure you select "None" in your Country options list when using custom skins and have default skin selected off.

Tully__
10-04-2004, 04:26 AM
Some skins have national markings painted on, others don't. If you're using a skin with markings included, switch off the "Markings On" toggle under the skin selection window. This will remove the default national markings applied by the game.

scottmal1
10-04-2004, 05:56 AM
Cheers fellas, spot on, i'm slowly getting the hang of this game!!