PDA

View Full Version : Assassins Creed II, great game but...

DJBare
06-06-2010, 02:21 PM
Hi folks, new to the forum.
First let me start by saying what a fanastic game, it truly is art work, I've not long got the game so forgive me for being way behind most of you.

The "but"? ahh yes, a couple of things, first the not so important, the terrain reminds me of very early 3D games, it's bland.

Second and important at least to me, the context camera!, only a sadists could have dreamed that one up, is there a way to turn it off before I lose all my hair?

Thirdly, mouse acceleration,I've got it maxed out in windows and the game but it's still way to slow, when I'm in a race and need to turn rapidly through say 90 degrees this slows me down.

I am currently at the carneval level, apart from the things I mentioned above the game is superb,I particurly like the detail put into the NPCs, shops and buildings, and I get to play my favorite theme, stealth killer.

DJBare
06-07-2010, 11:23 AM
The context camera is really giving me a headache in the literal sense, please, is there a way to disable it?

wanderer77
06-07-2010, 11:28 AM
dont press T?

DJBare
06-07-2010, 11:35 AM
I'm not pressing anything, it's when your doing something like an assassins tomb, as you move/leap from one object to the next the context camera spins to point to the next obstical, this would be fine if Ezio was to spin with it, but instead because of the sudden change in view I get confused as to my direction, I'm doing SAN MARCO'S SECRETS currently, I've not even solved one of the puzzles yet because by the time I've got myself re-orientated to the camera I've lost a lot of time.

wanderer77
06-07-2010, 11:50 AM
thats not the context camera, the context camera you have to press a button to see.

what you are describing cannot be disabled. however i do agree the camera controls need major improvements. they haven't fixed this problem thats been around since POP:SOT. sudden changes in camera angle (messes up direction), camera being blocked by solid objects, even though the camera should not be solid. no semi transparent vision of whatever objects block the camera of the player character.

Murcuseo
06-07-2010, 12:40 PM
Why is it people always complain about the camera in tombs, its meant to be like that to add some difficulty.

Man alive... think about how easy the tombs would be if you didn't have to remember the jump sequence.

You could breeze through them without a second thought and I personally think that would suck, all the jumps in the sequence are moves you would do during normal gameplay so you should be able to do it eventually.

God forbid Ubisoft actually make part of the game difficult in some way lol

Think about the camera at other points when you're freerunning or climbing, if you don't touch it, it basically does all the work for you!

Black_Widow9
06-07-2010, 01:17 PM
Hello and welcome to the Forums http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif
Please post your feedback here-
Assassins Creed 2 PC Feedback Thread (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5251069024/m/9731093738/p/1)
Thanks

<span class="ev_code_RED">Topic Closed</span>