PDA

View Full Version : Releasing of brake

retsihp
01-29-2005, 09:56 AM
I just installed Pacific fighters and would try a start from carrier, however I cannot release the brake. I think "B" is the key to stroke, however nothing happens.
Then I have Microsoft Force Feed Back 2 - does PF have a profile for this Joy stick?

retsihp
01-29-2005, 09:56 AM
I just installed Pacific fighters and would try a start from carrier, however I cannot release the brake. I think "B" is the key to stroke, however nothing happens.
Then I have Microsoft Force Feed Back 2 - does PF have a profile for this Joy stick?

VR_Cutter
01-29-2005, 10:01 AM
It's not the brake that is your problem. On carrier takeoffs your plane starts with chocks under the wheels. You need to remove them before the plane will move.

Make sure you have a key mapped for "Toggle Chocks" and try it. That should solve your problem.

retsihp
01-29-2005, 10:36 AM
Yes, it does work. Thank you. I did not think of "chocks" - even did not know what the word ment. And the chocks were not pre-assigned!
I got off the carrier - and into the ditch - first time. 2nd time I used flaps!

marcocomparato
01-29-2005, 12:18 PM
the idea with the shocks , my friend, is that you hold them while bringing the aircraft's throttle to a full tension state (basically all she's got - military power) to then pull the chocks and torque you to a flying speed before the end of that deck.

like a wind-up car.

be fore-warned, the prop torque will be strong and pull you to your left or right when those chocks get pulled - so be ready for it.

some folks like the idea of waiting until half-way down the deck before applying their take-off flaps - to help with acceleration. it works , give that a shot.

good luck and see u up there.

3.JG51_BigBear
01-29-2005, 12:54 PM
If you use rudder trim to compensate for the engine's torque the pull after releasing the chocks at full throttle (which would have been impossible in real life) is far more manageable.

Martin_078
01-29-2005, 02:42 PM
I also had the same problem, chokes did the trick, but what about the wheel brake? The B button has no effect.
How do you guys recover from flat spins. Most the time when I stall my plane spins (annoying) I apply rudder opposite the direction of the spin same with the ailerons. On fighterjets, it works better.in other sims.

3.JG51_BigBear
01-29-2005, 02:52 PM
If you get in a flat spin power back, give opposite rudder but give positive aileron. That is if you're in a right hand spin, move the stick to the right. Its seems counter intuative but it straightens out the spin the fastest.