PDA

View Full Version : Uber-IL2 Install Question

Red_Russian13
08-06-2009, 05:12 PM
Greetings Fellows, it has been a while since I've visited. Been to Afghanistan for a bit...

Anyway, I bought a new computer (Vista). My old IL-2 disk won't load (shocking). I'm wondering, because I want to play badly, and my son is developing a keen appreciation for airplanes, what would be the best method to install the game? Or really, how I can go about getting ALL the additions? I've searched far and wide for some sort of compilation of all the expansions, but have come up empty handed. And having been absent for so long from here, I don't know what's come up since, but I would like to have EVERYTHING POSSIBLE.

Also, as far as mods...last time I came here a lot mods were just coming out, and taboo to discuss. Is there a place to find a list of them?

As always, I greatly appreciate whatever assistance you folks care to provide me.

Regards.

Freiwillige
08-06-2009, 06:24 PM
First off get IL2 1946

Then get 4.08 patch

Then Google "all aircraft arcade"

VW-IceFire
08-06-2009, 09:06 PM
As already said...get IL-2 1946...that will get you up to the latest edition of the game.

You may need to install from the CD using A.exe rather than the normal install program. With Vista or Win7 do not install the game to C:\Program Files\ as its now a protected directory and some funky things will happen.

na85
08-06-2009, 09:20 PM
Also there is a beta version of 4.09m patch already out. Many servers are running this to get access to new maps.

The final version of 4.09 has been announced but no release date yet.

Red_Russian13
08-07-2009, 10:59 AM
Thanks all. I purchased 1946 already, but can't find it. So I used a store credit from Direct 2 Drive (can't believe the game's only $10), and got it now. It's already updated to 4.08 too.

Anyway, thanks again.

Bearcat99
08-09-2009, 11:43 AM
Welcome home..... ~!S!~ http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif