PDA

View Full Version : What will BoB:SoW multiplayer be like?

p0wderfinger
06-18-2007, 02:35 AM
Does anyone know if BoB will support tour of duty style multiplayer, like in Aces High/Warbirds or will the multiplayer be like IL2? IL2 is great, but I think the multiplayer could be better. Problem is all other MMO flight sims are p2p, whereas I prefer where you can just buy the game and play multiplayer for free.

I hope with BoB they devise a new system for displaying dots. Even in original Warbirds in D3D mode, dots reflected the sun so if you were flying above, you could catch a glint of light from a plane below if they were making a turn.

Philipscdrw
06-18-2007, 08:07 AM
I think that no-one knows for sure. There were vague rumours of pay-to-play in the past but I'm quite sure someone authoritive (SaSQoN?) recently said it would NOT be p2p.

If you like online campaigns, join a squad that's doing AirForceWar missions! I don't really understand how it works but it's something like a persistent-world campaign where each team selects a mission to fly (supply a town, interdict enemy convoys, CAP over something etc) and the AirForceWar website creates the mission, then it is flown and the results influence the campaign map.

p0wderfinger
06-24-2007, 09:37 AM
Sorry, I didn't really make myself clear. I meant like, the kind of games where you have one big map containing many airfields, carrier groups, etc, so the battle is not focused in a small area. Wings over Europe sort of has this concept I think, just on a much smaller scale due to game limitations. But then on that server I can't spot a damned thing because of the way dots are drawn http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-mad.gif.