PDA

View Full Version : AC2 PC Controller - Can anyone confirm support?

apoc.reg
02-10-2010, 06:42 AM
Before i make my preorder is anyone out there able to confirm if the PC version will fully support the xbox 360 wireless controller?

The First AC game half did but it didn't recognise the triggers (treated them as axis only) which was very annoying!

Thanks guys

Wonderglue
02-10-2010, 06:49 AM
You can always use Xpadder (http://xpadder.com/) if it doesn't.

I was planing on buying a Xbox 360 Controller for my PC,but then i read that most games doesn't support it natively and no force feedback/vibration,problem with triggers etc.

I'll just stick to my Razer Keyboard/Mouse.

LCGuardian
02-10-2010, 03:35 PM
You could be in trouble getting confirmation of anything on this forum unfortunately.

But you'd hope that it would support an Xbox 360 controller after the time they had to polish it. Although, correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't AC1 specifically say it supported the Xbox 360 controller?

Wonderglue
02-10-2010, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by LCGuardian:
You could be in trouble getting confirmation of anything on this forum unfortunately.

But you'd hope that it would support an Xbox 360 controller after the time they had to polish it. Although, correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't AC1 specifically say it supported the Xbox 360 controller?

It did,but it doesn't work as intended. Partly because of the drivers and partly because the game has to support it fully. Normal Gamepads work,even the old Multi PC/PS2 ones.

In the last 2 years most games did have a support for the Xbox 360 controller. Mostly Games for Windows Live,even the force feedback worked and the buttons appeared normal.

@apoc.reg

But the link i provided should fix any problems,it does cost money i'm afraid,but it's up to you if you want to buy it,or download it from another source.

Keyboard+Mouse is always a better choice,it's just easier and you can map your keys the way you want.

The only thing you don't have however is the Vibration and Analogue sticks that are touch sensitive,meaning you can fine tune your walk/run with them.

apoc.reg
02-16-2010, 03:19 PM
I use pinnacle which i find is better than xpadder personally but thanks.

Either one has no analogue movement and no analogue movement in AC2 would be a deal breaker for me!

The lack of info from ubisoft in general on this release is quite amazing!