PDA

View Full Version : Hmm..

jetuserX
01-12-2005, 01:03 PM
Dibs on the first thread...

but really. what do u think this one will be about?

jetuserX
01-12-2005, 01:03 PM
Dibs on the first thread...

but really. what do u think this one will be about?

Tweek
01-12-2005, 02:03 PM
Well if you wanna take a peek

Myst 5 Screenshot (http://www.dnijazzclub.com/forum/index.php?act=module&module=gallery&cmd=sc&cat=48)

spoiler warning tho

Looks interesting no

Tweek

LordTulla
01-12-2005, 02:07 PM
Could that possibly be inside the URU volcano?

jetuserX
01-12-2005, 02:19 PM
i doubt it.. i dont think they would have released offical screenshots though.. it looks more like its from uru

GadrenURU
01-12-2005, 02:38 PM
i feel certain that it's within the Cleft volcano caldera...

and of course it would look like Uru - it's going to be a full realtime 3D game, and will be reusing some old unreleased content from uru...

EDIT: yay! i have the FIFTH post in this forum!

Deg__
01-12-2005, 03:26 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jetuserX:
i doubt it.. i dont think they would have released offical screenshots though.. it looks more like its from uru <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It is, indeed, an image from Myst V that was released with today's press release. The reason it looks similar to Uru is that Myst V will use an updated version of Uru's graphics engine. It's also likely we'll revisit some of the areas in Uru.

Cheers,
- Deg -

Mystical Explorer
01-12-2005, 03:51 PM
Is that truly a....a....screenshot from myst V?!? It's beautiful! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif

Tora_Neko
01-12-2005, 04:29 PM
It says Tomahna, which is in the desert, but we know the Cleft is part of Tomahna...

Hey! That looks like a Riven knife!

jetuserX
01-12-2005, 04:35 PM
It does, and if you look behind it on the rock there's some sort of tapestry.... intesting. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/10.gif

that does suspicously look like the crack where the stranger fell in at the beginning of riven.. do you think thats the site of it?

dalboz
01-12-2005, 04:54 PM
Well, that screenshot may confirm my suspicions. After we found out that the prison books were actually Ages in Myst IV (which I personally thought was a bit of a copp out (the prison book part), but it was still a good game), I'm guessing that Gehn will escape from his prison. The existence of a Rivenese dagger sort of reinforces that opinion. I think Gehn will escape, steal the Releeshan book and try to rewrite in his own image, as is his style. Thoughts?

Tweek
01-12-2005, 05:10 PM
erm I dont think so personally. If you have played Uru you would know why the Riven artifcats are featured if you havent I dont wanna spoil you.

Tweek

Deg__
01-12-2005, 05:59 PM
<span class="ev_code_RED">(Myst IV: Revelation Spoilers)</span>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by dalboz:
After we found out that the prison books were actually Ages in Myst IV (which I personally thought was a bit of a copp out (the prison book part) <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

We've known since Myst that Cyan has always intended the Prison Books as Ages, but when designing the game rewarding the player with a new Age did not illustrate this was actually the incorrect (failure) ending of the game. Check out www.dnidesk.com (http://www.dnidesk.com) for letters from RAWA on this issue.

*waves as the topic slowly drifts in the waters of the forum*

Cheers,
- Deg -

Coronagold
01-12-2005, 06:58 PM
I love the glyph of 2 Myst worlds. They appear identical from here, but I wonder what closer inspection will reveal. It looks like Myst because of the cylindrical tower on top of the mountain & the large forest. But there are Relto implications as well. Such as that 'triangle with circle' device where the Relto imager would be. No dock. Matter of fact, no water...a tall island. A shack up on the Gear/Waterpool bluff. The Library looks more like the hut.

I think this IS Relto. But that tower on top of the mountain confuses me.

Excellent...

Eat_My_Shortz
01-12-2005, 07:00 PM
Interesting. I'd say it looks a LOT like the Cleft.
We could definitely visit the cleft in M5, since its Plasma they could easily port it.
Its called "Tomahna" - maybe we'll FINALLY have a solid link from Tomahna to the Cleft!!!

I noticed the drawing on the rock and ran over here to discuss it.
Thats DEFINITELY the fissure. As we know, the fissure connects many ages together, including here at the Cleft, and Riven.

(Sorry to spoil a bit about Riven, but come on. Its been eight years. If you ain't done it by now...)

In Uru, we saw the Whark and the Telescope. Do you think the Dagger fell into the Cleft at an EARLIER time (ie. this game may be set after Myst IV) and Atrus cleaned it up in between Myst 5 and Uru.

Coronagold
01-12-2005, 07:09 PM
No, the Moiety dagger falling into the volcano crater would make perfect sense, since the Riven telescope was nearby. Notice in Uru you 'fall' onto the Cleft from the fissure, as opposed to linking there.

The poor whark, how on Earth did a whark get close enough to the fissure crack? Swimming nearby?

jetuserX
01-12-2005, 07:13 PM
Well if you remember twoard the end of riven the world was being destroyed and everything was being sucked into the fissure.. so i think thats possibly how the whark got in there along with the dagger and the telescope

Coronagold
01-12-2005, 07:18 PM
Yeah but....not everything in Riven ended up in the Cleft, did it.

Tocirpa
01-12-2005, 09:14 PM
I played Riven, but it was a while ago and I don't really remember the details.

Gehn was trapped in the prison book that looked like it was D'ni. What happened to this book again? Did Atrus link back with it? Could the new Myst game be Gehn related? Or will it take place during the present day?

So many questions....

Deg__
01-12-2005, 09:22 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Tocirpa:
Could the new Myst game be Gehn related? Or will it take place during the present day? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Myst V will take place after Uru, in the present day.

Cheers,
- Deg -

rxbandit3768
01-13-2005, 12:31 AM
what exactly gives you the idea that it will take place during the present day? as far as i know, that has not been officially stated. i got the impression that this will be after the myst games but before uru, though i could be wrong. nobody really knows for sure at this time.

Deledrius
01-13-2005, 01:29 AM
Indeed. The only temporal information that picture carries is that it occurs after Riven.

albezuno
01-13-2005, 01:49 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Could that possibly be inside the URU volcano? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> hum... it seems http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif

Eat_My_Shortz
01-13-2005, 02:43 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>
Myst V will take place after Uru, in the present day. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
What? That doesnt sound all too good. Why? Myst is Myst, it has nothing to do with the present day! If its in the present day, it should be called Uru, and it should not be used to conclude the final Myst game ever!!!

Anyway, that dagger which fell in the volcano - umm, isn't it a fairly dangerous thing to have gigantic knifes flying through the air? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

DebbieDec2003
01-13-2005, 07:02 AM
And on this day, January 13th, when bad things seem to happen to me. Um, better watch out for falling daggers from the cleft she mutters to herself.

Speaking of spoilers, I wish we had more story line to go on. Let's think up weird storyline's k?

Atrus gets bitten by a scorpion and .....

Eat_My_Shortz
01-13-2005, 07:05 AM
... is linked to the Anthill Age and...

GallifreyLady
01-13-2005, 07:39 AM
...is invited to the the palace by the Ant King...

DebbieDec2003
01-13-2005, 12:14 PM
....and climbs the hill with his sore foot...

Tweek
01-13-2005, 12:46 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Deledrius:
Indeed. The only temporal information that picture carries is that it occurs after Riven. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually it shows that it is after Revelation.

The Paintings on the rock are by Yeesha. Yeesha didnt leave tomahna until she was 16 which is 6 years after Revelation.

I personally think it will be set after Uru due to the fact that its in realtime and the game starts in the place where the orignal myst ended...K'veer.

Tweek

penguinx42
01-13-2005, 01:18 PM
... and discovers that the king ant is Gehn! ...

Scythephantasm
01-13-2005, 03:06 PM
. . . and they both fly to the moon on a rocket of flaming cheese and . . .

IMForeman
01-13-2005, 04:06 PM
I'm with Deg and Tweek on this one. Myst 5 is a continuation of Uru's, set in the present day. The use of the word Myst in the title was undoubtably a marketing decision, as the MYST titled games sold better than Uru.

-IMF

Tweek
01-13-2005, 04:33 PM
Actually I think Cyan wanted to use the title Myst because they wanted to be the ones that closed the chapter and no-one else. If Myst V bridges the distance between the Myst series and Uru then it would be in realtime anyway because cyan go forwards they seldom go backwards. I would not think they would use pre-rendered when they havent gotten good with realtime.

Tweek

trahald
01-13-2005, 06:15 PM
...Atrus Asks "so dad, what have you been up to lately...aside from making a cheese rocket? Gehn answers "...

--Trahald

Tweek
01-13-2005, 07:13 PM
Can we stop with the word games please they don't belong in this forum thankyou.

Tweek

Deg__
01-13-2005, 07:20 PM
As Tweek mentioned, The OT Corner (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums?a=frm&s=400102&f=7741041362) would be a great place to continue this discussion. We've got a word association thread and some general chit chat over there.

Cheers,
- Deg -

JFT117
01-13-2005, 08:17 PM
We already know that there is a solid connection between tomahna and the cleft through Revelation. I makes perfect sense that the dagger is in the caldelera of the volcano. And those who have read the books recall the entrance to the d'ni tunnels will be there. So maybe the original idea of DIRT will be realized.

No one is mentioning the other images. The Noloben image is amazing. If the game looks like that... *drools* I just hope the specs aren't too much higher than Uru.

How do they know the telescope image is from Todelmer? It sorta reminds me of the telescope in Atrus's Lab in Tomahna.

And the in the node picture there is a large gap in the opposing wall. Maybe this is the gap where Aitrus went exploring in the book. Although I'd imagine that it would have been repaired at some point. The lantern looks like the one at the rest area at the shaft. Maybe Watson was here.

Coronagold
01-14-2005, 05:56 AM
Myst V does not take place after Uru. If you've paid attention, we've been told that Atrus wants us to help rebuild D'ni. Atrus isn't still alive 200 years later. There's no DRC in this game. No cones. No Sharper. There might be an early Shroomie. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

GadrenURU
01-14-2005, 06:14 AM
please, i feel like i have to say this a million times...

USE SOURCES!

when you EVER say anything in a way that is construed as actual fact, try to find or note some source that supports it. otherwise, people get confused when pure speculation is noted as fact...

anyway, back to Corona's statement:
the only thing i can see regarding the "rebuilding of D'ni" in regards to Myst V is the press release, which said, in part:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>The last chapter continues exatly there, where the original Myst ended. The player faces the challenge and responsibility to rebuild the lost empire of the D´ni €" an ancient civilisation, which developed over thousands of years and then felt prey to a big catastrophe. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

no mention of Atrus at all.

albezuno
01-14-2005, 09:57 AM
@Coronagold
exactly

Tora_Neko
01-14-2005, 12:00 PM
To comment on something earlier...
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Coronagold:
I love the glyph of 2 Myst worlds. They appear identical from here, but I wonder what closer inspection will reveal. It looks like Myst because of the cylindrical tower on top of the mountain & the large forest. But there are Relto implications as well. Such as that 'triangle with circle' device where the Relto imager would be. No dock. Matter of fact, no water...a tall island. A shack up on the Gear/Waterpool bluff. The Library looks more like the hut.

I think this IS Relto. But that tower on top of the mountain confuses me.

Excellent... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Where did you see this? I'm only finding the screenshots of the dagger, the Node, the scope and the cove from the D'ni Jazz Club site. What other sites have more screenshots/concept art?

Tweek
01-14-2005, 01:27 PM
they are refering to glyphs that are in the Dagger screenshot.

Corona: there has been no where that says Atrus wants you to rebuild. There has only been a comment about rebuilding D'ni. Which could be anytime. But the game is set at least 6 years after revelation at a minimum.

Tho I am going to continue to believe that its set after Uru.

Gadren: I would list sources if I could but its not always possible.

Tweek

IMForeman
01-14-2005, 03:20 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Coronagold:
Myst V does _not_ take place after Uru. If you've paid attention, we've been told that _Atrus_ wants us to help rebuild D'ni. Atrus isn't still alive 200 years later. There's no DRC in this game. No cones. No Sharper. There might be an early Shroomie. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've got a nice shiny nickel that says it's set after Uru. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

-IMF

hammett.au
01-14-2005, 04:15 PM
i have gotten the following quote from www.gamebiz.com.au (http://www.gamebiz.com.au) or more specifically http://gamebiz.com.au/news.php?action=display&id=5653...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Ubisoft has announced Cyan Worlds will launch its final adventure Myst V: End of Ages, in Autumn 2005 for PC and Mac. End of Ages will immediately pick up where the original Myst ended. Players are presented the privilege, challenge and responsibility of restoring the lost empire of the D'ni. End of Ages advances once again in graphical beauty and detail in the fully immersive 3D environment. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

assuming this quote is true, it does not explain why the dagger is in the cleft (assuming it is the cleft). i dont know the temporal difference between myst and riven, but could it be possible that fissures appeared in riven before your arrival which atrus had to repair in order for the stranger (played by you) to rescue katrin?

also, regarding rebuilding dni.. dni was lost after its downfall which were told through book of tianna. at that point all the dni had thought that cavern was unsafe and found refuge in other ages. (pure speculation on my part as to what true meaning of lost refers to)

IMForeman
01-14-2005, 06:38 PM
And to quote RAWA, it says "where" it left off, not "when."

-IMF

Scythephantasm
01-14-2005, 06:39 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>End of Ages will immediately pick up where the original Myst ended. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Perhaps what they mean is that it takes place after the myst series ended (Revelation), as apposed to the "other" Myst series, Uru.

Grehn
01-14-2005, 07:18 PM
Man, do YOU have it backwards! Myst and Riven ARE THE original MYST! IMHO, Exile and Revelation are very much "the other" myst games.

Cyan looks to be picking up where THEY left off with the story - after Riven.

Tweek
01-14-2005, 10:44 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Grehn:
Man, do YOU have it backwards! Myst and Riven ARE THE original MYST! IMHO, Exile and Revelation are very much "the other" myst games.

Cyan looks to be picking up where THEY left off with the story - after Riven. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The game is set waaaaaay after Riven. (and I'm getting tired of repeating this)
In one screenshot we can see drawing by yeesha. Yeesha didnt leave Tomahana to go to the cleft untill she was 16 which is 6 years after the events of Revelation and some 20 or 30 years after Riven. So at the earliest the game could be set after revelation. (course I think its after Uru seeming Uru ended in K'veer and thats where Myst V is starting)

Tweek

Achenar625
01-15-2005, 12:13 AM
Tomahna is the cleft, remember? Yeesha specifically referrs to the cleft as "on Tomahna" in one of her final ABM speeches.
And Myst OG basically ends in K'veer, too. I was always frustrated, trying to get through those darn doors...

phreec
01-15-2005, 02:15 AM
ive never seen proof that tomahna is anywhere near the cleft, so i don't know where anyone got that idea, if it was in the cleft, don't you think it would have been found by explorers?? with structures that well built and stuff like that huge water wheel power generator it would be hard to keep hidden from people for long after people found the cleft and started exploring D'ni

ximo
01-15-2005, 02:40 AM
[SPOILERS for Path of the Shell]

It makes sense to me that Myst 5 will be set after Uru and will have Noloben and Todelmer etc. (If we will be able to "walk" from the desert to the cavern I'll be the happiest "gamer" EVER! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif )

It makes sense because this would really wrap up all "loose endings", both from the four Myst games and Uru. Because after taking the Path of the Shell we are left with the promise that D'ni will grow again.
...and maybe we will see.... Releeshahn? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

GadrenURU
01-15-2005, 04:56 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by phreec:
ive never seen proof that tomahna is anywhere near the cleft, so i don't know where anyone got that idea, if it was in the cleft, don't you think it would have been found by explorers?? with structures that well built and stuff like that huge water wheel power generator it would be hard to keep hidden from people for long after people found the cleft and started exploring D'ni <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

RAWA said that Tomahna was a few miles from the Cleft, and more or less hidden within the mountains...that proof enough for ya? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

I'll try to find RAWA's exact post...

EDIT: here it is:
http://www.mystcommunity.com/board/index.php?showtopic=11107&view=findpost&p=205050

Grehn
01-15-2005, 05:29 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>The game is set waaaaaay after Riven. (and I'm getting tired of repeating this)
In one screenshot we can see drawing by yeesha.

Tweek <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sheesh! You're sounding a bit grumpy here, Tweek. I have a question for you. How do you KNOW that the drawing is by Yeesha? To me, (and I'm referring to the dagger image) it looks like two people (Atrus and Catherine) walking out of the link-in thingy there next to the fissure on Riven. This could have been drawn by one of the Moiety or Rivenese (like the guy that steals your book from you when you start Riven). At this point in time, Yeesha wasn't even born.

And the press release states that this new game picks up where the ORIGINAL myst left off. The original MYST ended with Riven. Uru was never meant to be a continuation of that series but rather a present day excursion into D'ni.

Just my thoughts. If you have proof that Yeesha drew on that rock, I'll shut up. Otherwise, please stop yelling at us for expressing our thoughts! Please?

Thanks
Grehn

GadrenURU
01-15-2005, 05:51 AM
as IMForeman mentioned, EoA picks up WHERE, not WHEN, the original Myst ends...so that means that the game starts either in K'veer or Myst Library (where we saw the burned books)...

I personally believe that EoA is a way of finally connecting Uru and Myst together -- that's why they're using all their old Uru content and stuff...

As for the drawing...I've always thought that the Bahro drew them...the artistic style is not quite that of Yeesha, but it's also not the same as the Rivenese and/or the Moiety. Go through Riven again, and compare whatever native symbols there are...Riven gives the impression (at least, to me) of either Africa or South America in its artistic style, while the drawings in Uru seem more SW North America and Native American...

Plus, why would the Moiety/Rivenese have need or reason to draw these things? It makes much more sense that Yeesha/the Bahro drew the images, since it directly applies to them, while the Moiety/Rivenese do not matter as much to the Uru storyline that we have so far.

In all likelihood, Yeesha was told the story of what happened to Riven when she was young, and then relayed it back to the Bahro during her apparent time with them...so that glyph isn't a problem.

Underwaterfall
01-15-2005, 06:06 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Originally posted by Tweek:
In one screenshot we can see drawing by yeesha. Yeesha didnt leave Tomahana to go to the cleft untill she was 16 which is 6 years after the events of Revelation and some 20 or 30 years after Riven. So at the earliest the game could be set after revelation. (course I think its after Uru seeming Uru ended in K'veer and thats where Myst V is starting)
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's a really cool little peice of information. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif One of those facts you can't reference the source of I would imagine.

Something I was thinking about, to add to the discussion, is that Yeesha really left us hanging at the end of Path of the Shell ("Do you believe" that the tree can grow again or something like that) if End of Ages was set before URU Yeesha's little sendoff would be silly.

Anyway, I'm really excited about the prospect of Finally seeing a huge glimpse of the story that's been progressing all this time. I always thought that (at the time regarding URU Live) if any sceptics could see the whole scope of the story involved, where we were going, they would be floored.

The backstory reveled? Tons of loose ends tied up? I'm am so looking forward to the experience.

GadrenURU
01-15-2005, 08:41 PM
Here's the source:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>&gt; A quick clarification on one line in the press release (because I
&gt; misread it the first time I read it):
&gt;
&gt; "Picking up immediately where the original Myst ended..."
&gt;
&gt; Notice it says "where", not "when".
&gt;
&gt; smile.gif
&gt;
&gt; RAWA <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thus, we know that EoA starts where Myst ended (K'veer, or perhaps Myst Library, where the burned places where the books were)...

rtelles
01-16-2005, 04:10 AM
I have been reading this threed for a few days now and seen all the speculation about Myst 5. If you read the press release for the game it reads " Myst V: End of Ages, which will be the culmination of all of the previous storylines." I think it refers to Myst 1-4, not including Uru. since Ura had a completly differnt storyline form the rest of the series. But that is just my thought.

InfectX
01-16-2005, 10:44 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by phreec:
ive never seen proof that tomahna is anywhere near the cleft, so i don't know where anyone got that idea, if it was in the cleft, don't you think it would have been found by explorers?? with structures that well built and stuff like that huge water wheel power generator it would be hard to keep hidden from people for long after people found the cleft and started exploring D'ni <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
nobody lived there in the early 1800's.................btw, where exactly is tomahna (the cleft)? i think ive narrowed it down to New Mexico or Morrocco http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/35.gif

IMForeman
01-16-2005, 03:21 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by InfectX:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by phreec:
.btw, where exactly _is_ tomahna (the cleft)? i think ive narrowed it down to New Mexico or Morrocco http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/35.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

New Mexico. Somewhere in Eddy county, it would seem.

-IMF

Underwaterfall
01-16-2005, 05:30 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Here's the source:

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
&gt; A quick clarification on one line in the press release (because I
&gt; misread it the first time I read it):
&gt;
&gt; "Picking up immediately where the original Myst ended..."
&gt;
&gt; Notice it says "where", not "when".
&gt;
&gt; smile.gif
&gt;
&gt; RAWA
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thus, we know that EoA starts where Myst ended (K'veer, or perhaps Myst Library, where the burned places where the books were)...
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

*slaps his head* duh! Thanks, I didn't catch that. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Eat_My_Shortz
01-16-2005, 11:17 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Cyan looks to be picking up where THEY left off with the story - after Riven. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Cyan cannot deny the existence of Exile and Revelation, even though they did not create them. Cyan authorised them, had lengthy discussions with the teams that created them, and have firmly accepted them as part of the Myst story. Exile and Revelation are as much a part of the core myst series as myst and Riven.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Yeesha didnt leave Tomahana to go to the cleft untill she was 16 which is 6 years after the events of Revelation <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Whoa whoa, how do you know she left when she was 16? Where is it written?

I hope the game doesnt start in K'veer. Its kind of a boring setting. It should start out in the open like ALL of the other games. (Granted, Riven began in the K'veer room, but we were quickly transported away from there).

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>ive never seen proof that tomahna is anywhere near the cleft, so i don't know where anyone got that idea, if it was in the cleft, don't you think it would have been found by explorers?? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Here are all the facts (http://www.geocities.com/emsrelto/facts.html#EarthDniCleftTomahna)
I've done all the research http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>How do you KNOW that the drawing is by Yeesha? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Good point. It might be catherine - its a bit similar to her drawing style. ref: Her journal in either Riven or Revelation.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Yeesha was told the story of what happened to Riven when she was young <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Or her amulet showed her.
Remember in Revelation (in Atrus' journal in his study) he says that Yeesha knew all about Anna on Myst island even though it was years before her birth.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>or perhaps Myst Library, where the burned places where the books were)... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> Please GOD make it start on Myst island! The full myst island. My dream opening for Myst 5 is a return to Myst island.
It wouldn't really be that hard to make - they've already got a Myst Island model in the Plasma engine (from realMyst) and would just need a quick conversion.

IMForeman
01-17-2005, 12:20 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Eat_My_Shortz:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Yeesha didnt leave Tomahana to go to the cleft untill she was 16 which is 6 years after the events of Revelation <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Whoa whoa, how do you know she left when she was 16? Where is it written?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Myst Uru: Complete Chronicles Strategy Guide published by Prima.

Chapter 17: The Myst Mythos, page 247.

Ryan Miller is quoted as saying: "What happened to Yeesha is, she left her parents at 16, she moved to the Cleft, she went down to D'ni, and a bunch of stuff happened to her. Maybe we'll get a chance to tell that, and maybe we won't, but that's kind of where she's coming from; it's because she's had this whole experience that hasn't been told anywhere yet."

You did ask...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>I hope the game doesnt start in K'veer. Its kind of a boring setting. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's not so boring if that door is open...

-IMF

Coronagold
01-17-2005, 06:18 AM
I really doubt we'll get to see Releeshan in this game. The time frame is way too short for 3D construction. I'd rather they save it for a future game. I don't want an "office view" Age like they did in Riven of the Moiety hive. That would suck big time.

Stedmister
01-17-2005, 04:22 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Ubisoft has announced Cyan Worlds will launch its final adventure Myst V: End of Ages, in Autumn 2005 for PC and Mac <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Dind't Cyan have problems with Uru in acordence to MAC, have they fixed the problem or we see it again? What about Uru for Mac, will that happen if the solve this problem?

tsrblke2
01-17-2005, 08:10 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Stedmister:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Ubisoft has announced Cyan Worlds will launch its final adventure Myst V: End of Ages, in Autumn 2005 for PC and Mac <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Dind't Cyan have problems with Uru in acordence to MAC, have they fixed the problem or we see it again? What about Uru for Mac, will that happen if the solve this problem? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The problem was that the Physics engine (I think it was the physics engine, some engine at least) was never ported to Mac. So they got a new engine and and have said that this one should make the Mac.

Tallonenx
01-17-2005, 09:49 PM
Those drawings on the rocks look like Relto (in da tomahna pic) so that is a probable reason why EOA would take place after Uru. (?) The fissure is filled with water, whats with that? I would be so happy if you could walk from Tomahna, to the cleft, and then all the way to D'ni...... uhhh not in that order neccessarily. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Mr Zebe D
01-20-2005, 10:15 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>It was over a year ago
My first journey to the island in the clouds

I have
freed a bahro
witnessed the demise of builders
and seen the pride and lies of D'ni

But I feel that my journey
is not yet complete

I feel that it must continue...
there must be something else to explore
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
On the basis that myst-tree.com is an official Myst V website, Myst V starts from K'veer after URU.

Gladiator1972
01-20-2005, 05:52 PM
Question to all Mysterians (and I apologize for any improper etiquette as I am unfamiliar with forums such as these): I played the original Myst close to 10 years ago, then Riven when it came out. I have recently gotten back into the worlds of Myst, have played Exile and am currently playing Revelation (and loving it). However, I have not played any of the "Uru" series of games. So, my question is, am I out of sequence? Should I go back and play the Uru games before I continue with Revelation?

IMForeman
01-20-2005, 06:31 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Gladiator1972:
Question to all Mysterians (and I apologize for any improper etiquette as I am unfamiliar with forums such as these): I played the original Myst close to 10 years ago, then Riven when it came out. I have recently gotten back into the worlds of Myst, have played Exile and am currently playing Revelation (and loving it). However, I have not played any of the "Uru" series of games. So, my question is, am I out of sequence? Should I go back and play the Uru games before I continue with Revelation? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, you're not out of sequence. All of the Myst series is set about 200 years ago, with you fulfilling the role of "the stranger" who helped Atrus out of some tricky spots.

Uru is set in the present day, with you playing yourself, just as you are, exploring the ruins of D'ni and their Ages.

-IMF

Nebodin
01-20-2005, 10:17 PM
Did anyone else notice that the drawing on the rock isnt visible in the reflection in the water?

Glitch or "feature"?

myst_magi
01-23-2005, 07:53 PM
At the start of Revelation, you and Yeesha are riding in a tramcar to the location called "Tomahna" on Earth. Could the tram station opposite Tomahna be somewhere near the Cleft?

Mowog
01-31-2005, 11:50 AM
Posted earlier, regarding the whark bones near the cleft:<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> The poor whark, how on Earth did a whark get close enough to the fissure crack? Swimming nearby? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>I think it has something to do with two Magrathean missiles, a bowl of petunias, and an Infinite Improbability Drive... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Gladiator1972
02-14-2005, 12:37 AM
"I think it has something to do with two Magrathean missiles, a bowl of petunias, and an Infinite Improbability Drive..."

Mowog, I'm sure that all do not have Babel fish to understand your reference...anyway, sorry to get off Myst topic, but how did Disney get hold of 'the Guide'...I am ready to be fully disappointed. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

astro_city
02-15-2005, 10:57 AM
DON'T PANIC

I'm sure Disney will do a good job. I believe it was the author who gave them permission... and (I *think*) wrote the script before his untimely demise.
http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Mowog
02-18-2005, 08:55 AM
One last off-topic Hitchhikers' reference...

See the movie website HERE (http://www.hitchhikersmovie.com).

Right then. Back to the topic!

Tocirpa
02-18-2005, 08:57 PM
I couldn't help but notice that you guys where talking about the hithhiker's guide!!! and there is one more off topic thing I would like to post for a bit of a laugh: The world premiere trailer just came out!! you can see it Here! (http://www.dtheatre.com/read.php?sid=2987)
So enjoy!

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/353.gif

Mowog
02-22-2005, 09:55 AM
Well alright. Topic be hanged.

Just had a look at those pictures. So Zaphod has only one head? And two arms??

What's with that???

Maybe it was just too complicated to generate an authentic Zaphod. My impression of the TV Zaphod in '81 (played by Mark Wing-Davey) was that you could easily tell which head he used when he drank Pan-Galactic Gargle Blasters... the fake head always looked really dazed.

But come now, with all the CGI power available today, they could have made a regulation two-headed, three armed Zaphod that really rocked. Looks like artistic license to me.

(EDIT: During the trailer, it looks like Zaphod sports an extra arm. So maybe he picks up the "enhancements" during the film.)

uecasm
03-26-2005, 06:50 AM
Actually, last I heard both head and arm were retractable or something. So they only show up when it's integral to the plot, rather than being shoved in your face (so to speak) the whole time.

Back on topic, I'm sort of expecting Myst V to be set after Rev but before Uru. Possibly even around the time that Yeesha leaves for the cleft and caverns -- maybe you end up going with her? It would make a certain amount of sense, and would be a neat way to reintroduce Relto. (Gotta have *somewhere* to panic-link to, right?)

mszv
03-27-2005, 01:29 PM
I was kind of hoping it would be set either during or after Uru, so there could be a whole wrapup on what happened to Yeesha. I'd like the whole story to come to an end.

Mowog
04-22-2005, 11:21 AM
Maybe in Myst V we'll find out how Yeesha became Darth Vader.

Oh wait, wrong story.

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

uecasm
04-23-2005, 12:40 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mowog:
Maybe in Myst V we'll find out how Yeesha became Darth Vader. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
You know, it's funny you mention that, because I've always pictured that as Gehn's introductory scene in the Book of Atrus.

Atrus living happily with Anna in the cleft (Tatooine anyone?), when one day fog rolls in, and out of the fog steps an ominous black-cloaked figure, wearing a breathing mask. He looks at the boy, and proclaims, "Atrus.... I am your father."

Maybe I should get out more http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif