PDA

View Full Version : No war machines in Heroes VI

Fever_K
04-27-2011, 08:37 AM
Hello everybody! So it's pretty much confirmed that there won't be war machines in Heroes VI, except for catapults.

How do you feel about this?
Some people think it's fine, I'm quoting Elvin from HC who says (with a bit of sarcasm):
(War) machines were only good for rushing abusers who couldn't creep well by themselves. Or had inferno. Or were too bored to bother playing.
Well, I can't deny the whole sentence. Still, I can hardly imagine Heroes' games without ballistas, ammo carts or first aid tents.

I've always loved the war machines skill in casual gaming and occasionally even in serious matches.
The machines of Heroes V were way more powerful than before, and they received a special attention with creature abilities and hero skills: Sabotage, Repair, Artificial Glory, Triple Ballista, Plague Tent (to name a few) were all great additions to the game!

Do you remember Deleb, Vittorio or Kaspar? War Machines added another dimension to your hero/army. You could be Might, Magic... or Engineer! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

All these things considered, I don't get why war machines should suddenly disappear in Heroes VI.
I will miss them a lot!

Dreamwright
04-27-2011, 08:49 AM
Originally posted by Fever_K:
Well, I can't deny the whole sentence. Still, I can hardly imagine Heroes' games without ballistas, ammo carts or first aid tents.

Then you must have already missed out on at least three Heroes games http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

I would've preferred to see expansion on the war machines rather than kicking them out completely, but they weren't exactly an essential component of the games in their Heroes III/V form.

If the classic machines do return, one solution is to integrate them as a racial skill for a select faction, like maybe the Dwarven Fortress if it ever returns.

Fever_K
04-27-2011, 08:59 AM
Originally posted by Dreamwright:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Fever_K:

Then you must have already missed out on at least three Heroes games http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Eheh don't take me literaly, Dreamwright. My favourite game is H2, which features the same war machines of H6 (catapult only!)... I take it as a good sign! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

Still, in the last 10 years I've been mostly playing H3 and H5, like the vast majority of Heroes gamers, I suppose.
That's why I think the WM absence is considerable and will be at least noticed by fans.

If the classic machines do return, one solution is to integrate them as a racial skill for a select faction, like maybe the Dwarven Fortress if it ever returns.

I like this idea very much. A faction full-specialized in War Machines would be great!

fredrikslicer
04-27-2011, 11:29 AM
i dont care i never used em until the later game and even then it was only to make sieges easier

Thunion
04-27-2011, 02:59 PM
The Most wonderful thig i remember about war machines was when i fought one battle on the H5 companing and enemy with his 3 Balista hits,killed 10-20(dont remember how much exactly( of my Red Angels counting that i had only 60 of them,i would like to see Ballistas of such power again(of course counting that you need to spend alots of skills on them)

BlueLore
04-27-2011, 03:30 PM
The only war machine I have ever seen as really useful was the ammo cart,because this way you needn't to worry about your ammo.
But I think the reason why they left out the war machines is to give the hero himself more might releated abilities,to make the might hero more useful

sanctuary.gr
04-30-2011, 01:53 PM
i used to play with elves.
i miss imbue balista with divine justice, emplotions,fireball ect in combination with imbue arrow.
it was pretty nice to be able to see the champion taking 4 hits (3 balista and one hero) with 4 spells.

Metamagician
04-30-2011, 10:13 PM
I'm not happy about the lack of this too, although it wasn't in King's Bounty: The Legend(the golden standard) in HOMMV it made the battlefield look better with a war camp behind the front line.

And it would have brought further distinctiveness to each faction.

Thunion
05-01-2011, 11:53 AM
i used to play with elves.
i miss imbue balista with divine justice, emplotions,fireball ect in combination with imbue arrow.
it was pretty nice to be able to see the champion taking 4 hits (3 balista and one hero) with 4 spells.
Yeah Destruction magic+Imbue ballista+triple shot was somthing.

Jinny-chan
05-02-2011, 12:31 AM
They were always waste of money, except ammo cart. In Homm5 ballista was too op

Thunion
05-02-2011, 01:08 AM
They were always waste of money, except ammo cart. In Homm5 ballista was too op

If you waste alots of skills on it,meybe but well i think it was in right place,unlike in H3 where it was complitely usless