PDA

View Full Version : WOW WTF....a BIG F.Y. UBISOFT.

BIG_BOSS_S.
06-29-2010, 01:44 PM
wow...im never gonna buy another ubisoft game.
they release a 70 dollar limited edition with costumes and guns that eventually EVERYONE gets but not spas 12. Also online is horrendous and the DLC pack is gay. its not only short but you can tell it was leftover maps that they polished up with better textures and lighting and threw it back in there.

but the ones who torrented can not only play online but also get ALL THE ITEMS. wow and for free too.

thanks ubi you cant differentiate between friend and foe?

yeh i can promise you i wont even buy another UBI game EVER but i will play them for free from now on.

strelok0017
06-29-2010, 02:34 PM
Ur not the only one. DLC is the worst idea in gaming EVER! Know what else? I dunno if you saw any of SCC trailers but developers were always talking about what they want to see in game (one of them said that mark and execute was idea from movies where main actor would open a door to some room, shoot 3 bullets and kill 3 guys) and how they didn't like old style anymore. Everything gives impression that they didn't ask fans about opinion at all. Next thing you know, there will be special patches to download that you will have to purchase. In this case I think DLC is an attempt to get more ppl to buy the game or tell their friends about it or whatever but judging by my experience with Far Cry 2 DLC, I think they made a big mistake with SCC. Don't get me wrong. I love the game. But wth is with black & white? And sonar goggles? They changed it cause some of devs didn't like old thermal! Not only do they make radical changes in Splinter Cell but some story elements are just off too. Why kill Lambert? Sam, Lambert and Anna were the soul of the game! Picking up weapons I can understand. Sam is not Third Echelon anymore so he uses what he finds but so many unsupressed weapons take stealth away. I even try to avoid using sonar googles since they are useless when ur moving anyway. 5 years ago this would be completely different game. And whole! No DLC! To devs, I want Lambert alive in next Splinter Cell and I don't care how u do it! Don't get me wrong but he was very important charachter and its gonna be hard to replace him if not impossible. And no more black and white. I could plug XBOX 360 in 60 years old tv if I wanted that (I'm justkidding but u get the picture). Anyway, I'm gonna quit ranting. SCC is a great game definitely worth buying. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

It has great AI, perfect graphics, awesome dynamic gameplay, interesting levels but for some reason, after I watched all trailers after finishing first playthrough, it felt somewhat unfinished. Single Player story is too short. 8-10 hrs depending on playing style.

Anyway, no more DLC plz!

Unless its free. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

jakal66
06-29-2010, 04:28 PM
"It has great AI, perfect graphics, awesome dynamic gameplay"

hahaha dude...are you drunk?This game has none of the above!

I mean I like it but great ai,and graphics...no way man...just no friggin way

kloss_hans
06-29-2010, 06:01 PM
Hmm... next SC will use the same engine... They are using it for next SC since Toronto office was established. They really need to think about engine change. Unreal 2.5, even highly modified, is more and more grandpa engine. Maybe Cryengine3? Wonderful gfx, phx, and possibility to simultanously make game on PC, Xbox360, PS3 without using 3 different developer/ port teams http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/typing.gif

braiog
06-29-2010, 07:54 PM
It doesn't really matter what engine they use if the multiplayer suffers from the same team who doesn't know the first thing about a good server/client setup.

roelbartstra
06-30-2010, 03:27 AM
kamikaze703, are you a little ******ed? Of course the guys who get the game illegal, don't pay, that's why it's illegal.

I don't think it's that bad that everyone get's all the "exclusive" content after a while, Ubisoft did it just a little to soon. And I hate the fact people don't get "Extra" content, but just removed game content.

I can't tell if the DLC is homosexual or not, but I bought it knowing it was only 4 maps with 3 sectors. Yes, it's definitely left overs. In some areas it even feels like there was supposed to be some coop story telling, but does it really matter? I enjoyed the sh*t out of those maps.

I think all illegal online player, play using "Tunngle", and as a legal player you can use that program as well if you want.

Announcing to the world you are gonna download Ubisoft games illegal might not be the brightest idea.

BIG_BOSS_S.
06-30-2010, 07:10 AM
@ROELBARSTRA...the whole point of this thread is to point out how unfair UBI treats its customers.

try readin again you ******. did i say im gonna start pirating games?
or did i just say im gonna play them for free?
there a big difference there moron.

Dread_stunlock
06-30-2010, 08:21 AM
Shadow Armor, VR Alkali, Spas, were never Exclusive, it says on a BOX: EARLY ACCESS!

Stop moaning, SC6 will bring back some of your kissy moments of true stealth junk (I hope it's not going to be 100% hardcore stealth) But it will be better than conviction. Wanting Exclusive stuff is being selfish.

roelbartstra
06-30-2010, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by kamikaze703:
@ROELBARSTRA (it's roelbartstra)
try readin again you ******. did i say im gonna start pirating games?
or did i just say im gonna play them for free?

Originally posted by kamikaze703:
but the ones who torrented can not only play online but also get ALL THE ITEMS. wow and for free too

yeh i can promise you i wont even buy another UBI game EVER but i will play them for free from now on.

kleaneasy
06-30-2010, 12:20 PM
First - theses issues are already being discussed in other threads so please post further comment in those existing threads.

Second - I am sure members of this forum can post their views without insults. If not they'll find themselves subject to warnings/ suspensions http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif