PDA

View Full Version : Torque

Talamir
07-01-2005, 04:21 AM
I've noticed some planes (the Spitfire and BF109 come to mind right away) have a huge amount of torque just rolling the plane left all the time. For other planes I like to fly, such as the P-40, I can just give the trim a few taps to the right to offset the torque, but with those planes it seems I cannot trim the aileron to counter the torque. Can anyone give me some advice on this?

Also, I've noticed that torque doesn't turn off when I turn it off in the difficulty menu. Whats the deal with that?

Abel29A
07-01-2005, 04:42 AM
Not sure about the Spit since I hardly fly it but thte Bf 109 has no aileron trim. This was historically correct as the designers found that the plane didnt need trim at cruising speeds and therefore it was not included. (Which kinda sucks in il2 http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Talamir
07-01-2005, 04:46 AM
Didn't need a trim at cruising speed?? Those designers were madmen. It rolls at all speeds!

I guess thats alright though, if thats what it did, but even with the torque turned off it rolls pretty badly, any ideas?

sokil
07-01-2005, 05:20 AM
No, it does not roll at around 450 km/h which is its cruising speed.

Talamir
07-01-2005, 07:51 PM
Bump.

Still waiting for any answer as to why I still experience torque effects when I have the torque option turned off. Rather annoying...

NonWonderDog
07-01-2005, 08:03 PM
You're not experiencing torque if you turn the option off. You're experiencing trim. All the planes are trimmed against torque at cruise speed. This is true whether torque is enabled in the options or not.

You're probably better off with the torque turned on. With torque, the plane will fly perfectly straight at cruise speed and power. Without torque, the plane will roll faster as speed increases. You might want to post in the Ready Room or something if you want it changed, but I wouldn't expect too much.

VW-IceFire
07-01-2005, 09:37 PM
Yep, once at cruise speed the plane is straight and level. About 450-500kph.

Use < and > to help keep on an even line if you want to be hands free for a second.

Spitfire has rudder trim which helps for the most part.