PDA

View Full Version : Thanks to all

RitterkreuzU35
08-07-2006, 04:22 PM
I have been playing SHIII for a couple of months now and I have the SHIII v 1.4, the GW 1.1 mod and the SHIII Commander mod. It has been a real joy, and I wanted to thank all the mod developers out there who made it possible. I have been reading these forums since getting the game but this is realy my first posting here.I have truly enjoyed the many postings by celon,[usualy good for a laugh,especialy the downfall/ubi footage], and the impressive dedication to the subject and its history by so many here. I am currently working on a Phd. in Military History and my dissertation is on Lothar Von Arnauld [The Highest scoring U boat ace of all time]. I have often thought that dedicated enthusiasts such as yourselves are a wonderful resource that is sadly underused in the academic world on these topics. So I wanted to thank all of you for your tireless obsession with a subject dear to my heart as well, you would make an awesome research staff.

VikingGrandad
08-07-2006, 04:28 PM
Welcome to the forums! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Glad you could join us. Perhaps you could share your dissertation with us when it's ready? You certainly picked a good subject! In the meantime, feel free to ask any questions about SH3 or U-boat/WW1/WW2 history.