PDA

View Full Version : The way Altair runs-COMENT



Gabriel-HS
03-29-2007, 07:41 AM
I saw a video from this year GDC of Assassin's Ceed in Youtube, but i was a little disaponited with the way he ran from the guards, it was too slow and he didnt show he was forcing to run fast. I think he should run like that when he was just hanging in the city, but when running from someone, he should run more, and show he was strengtheing.

Another thing, is it really coming for PC? I hope yes!

Sorry for my bad english

assassinspen
03-29-2007, 08:33 AM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gifi just tought that too he diddnt run so fast.

its coming for the pc too

your english is good http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

Gabriel-HS
03-29-2007, 08:45 AM
Thank you http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

I hope they change that in the final game.

andy276
03-29-2007, 09:33 AM
well much things can still change

Gabriel-HS
03-29-2007, 10:09 AM
Yes, i really hope they change it.

Does someone from their team look the foruns? I mean, do they read what we write, and our opinions?

assassinspen
03-29-2007, 10:44 AM
i don't think they read all threads
let's hope so so that they can change things

RetiredHatch
03-29-2007, 04:29 PM
Umm you guys he's running smart not fast he needs to watch his steps if he's sprinting he'll loose his footing easier and be more susceptible to falling he's fast enough

him being an assassin lets him be level headed when he's running from the guards he knows how fast he has to run and that's how fast he's going to run so he doesn't

1 get too tired

2 trip and fall because someone shoved him while he was vulnerable to falling

3 he can think and watch his surroundings and know where to go next (probably the most important)

Gabriel-HS
03-29-2007, 05:13 PM
He still can see his surounds when running faster, i am sure he is a fast thinker (after all, he is an assassin and it is a game, it needs to be beautiful and emotive, and real, sure)

And another thing, think in real life: Do you think someone would run like that in a persecution?

DeAdLy2323
03-29-2007, 05:28 PM
depending from who and where. and anyway, lets see you run with a sword, crossbow, and dagger on your person

RetiredHatch
03-29-2007, 05:35 PM
He needs to keep a clear and level head and sprinting just doesn't give you that... he needs to run fast enough to outrun but not too fast to get too tired and etc.

chewie1890
03-29-2007, 06:00 PM
With guards running around wearing giant metal armor and other such stuff it wouldn't be that hard to escape also.

RetiredHatch
03-29-2007, 07:03 PM
right that too

Anubis14_360
03-30-2007, 12:20 AM
ok heres what you need. lose stamina. After enough stamina has been lost, they will no longer be able to block the fatal blow and will be mortally wounded. During the X06 gameplay trailer, a producer from Ubisoft stated that combat would mostly rely on not becoming surrounded, being patient, and waiting for an opening to strike, rather than hacking away offensively. you have a stamina bar if you look at the xbox vidoe it is red and comes up when he starts to run, and theres more info in here (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assassin%22s_Creed) http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/typing.gif

RetiredHatch
03-30-2007, 04:31 AM
umm what's that have to do with running?

FableB
03-30-2007, 05:40 AM
Originally posted by RetiredHatch:
Umm you guys he's running smart not fast he needs to watch his steps if he's sprinting he'll loose his footing easier and be more susceptible to falling he's fast enough

him being an assassin lets him be level headed when he's running from the guards he knows how fast he has to run and that's how fast he's going to run so he doesn't

1 get too tired

2 trip and fall because someone shoved him while he was vulnerable to falling

3 he can think and watch his surroundings and know where to go next (probably the most important)

I agree with you.

Plus If you run very fast, you will get tired early, and you won't be able to climb properly later. And if you run very fast, you will lose the guards real easy, since they are wearing heavy armor, and you won't have to use the surroundings; one of the main concepts of the nature of the game...

Gabriel-HS
03-30-2007, 06:44 AM
I agree he shouldn't run soo fast, but he should run with will! II seemed he was very calm and just running thouth the city....he needs more emotion in the way he runs, don't you think?

evasion438
03-30-2007, 08:03 AM
he needs to keep his cool and not panic. emotion not needed.

FableB
03-30-2007, 08:44 AM
I see what you mean, you want him to REALLY look like he's running away from something...

But he's a master assassin, he's done that many times, it's normal for him, the feeling of running away from death is longer there...

Gabriel-HS
03-30-2007, 09:50 AM
But YOU are Altair, so it would be very nice to see him forcing to run, and running and climbing at least faster then normaly, whne he is not running away.

FableB
03-30-2007, 10:49 AM
<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">I'm Altair! ^______^</pre>

http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

I don't know what else to say, We've tried to explain why he shouldn't run fast, and you keep saying that he should...

I end my argument by saying that Altair is not an athlete...

Gabriel-HS
03-30-2007, 11:07 AM
I understand you all, and i am sure you understand me http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif. It wouldn't be very real if he runned alot, but it would be lot more beautiful (??). I saw the video again, and i still think he should run a little bit more, but it is still very nice the way he runs...maybe i am wrong http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/1072.gif

evasion438
03-30-2007, 09:26 PM
he would only run fast if he was being chased by someone who isnt in heavy armor and who can climb...guards cant climb and ARE in heavy armor. logically, one would assume he would only run as fast as he needs to, which isnt very fast at all. like fableb said, altair is nt an athlete, he doesnt have a record time to beat.

spider527
03-31-2007, 08:02 AM
He needs to run faster? I hope you are kidding.

This is not crackdown or some game where your character is a superman, running at ridiculous speeds. He runs fast enough and it looks perfect to me, the speed at which he runs.

If you are running and jumping, leaping, etc.. how fast do you think you can run and do that at the same time? Seriously... the run speed is fine the way it is.

If he is in open area maybe they can add the graphics to make it look like he is running harder but he is not a super character like in other less realistic games.

You also got to think he has on some gear that is probably weighing him down, like a sword, sheaths, and possibly light armor? If he runs near a crowd he can fall over like in football game, if you listen to the off screen demo video announcer.

You have to remember, like the guy above I think is trying to say, he runs fine as in relation to how the other NPC's are running. Which is what matters more than actually how fast he is running.

Gabriel-HS
03-31-2007, 09:31 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_GpOroM0g80&NR

See thsi movie. I think altair should run a little bit less then in the end of this movie, but he sertainly should show he was forcingo to run. You say that the guards use armor and taht Altair doesn't need to run fast...where is the fun then, if it is soo easy for him. It needs emotion. I saw the video again...he runs fast, but i think he should show he was really running, and not "walking fast".

I can't express my self very well because of my poor english, sorry.

maxz1980
03-31-2007, 09:57 AM
I think you can run faster
you now in most games now if you do your stick a little bit to the front the charactar wil walk
if you do it to the end he will run
but I thod that there was a button that makes erverything more. I don't now how to say it.
for example if you just push somebody out off the way. if you pust the button he will push hem on the ground and I think this is the same with running

im sorry if this is not true I dist herd it somewere

and sorry for my bad enlish

knife_X
03-31-2007, 11:03 AM
On PC they should make the paste he moves controlled like on Splinter Cell with the wheel it`s a very handy way when you get used to it!

chewie1890
03-31-2007, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by maxz1980:
I think you can run faster
you now in most games now if you do your stick a little bit to the front the charactar wil walk
if you do it to the end he will run
but I thod that there was a button that makes erverything more. I don't now how to say it.
for example if you just push somebody out off the way. if you pust the button he will push hem on the ground and I think this is the same with running

im sorry if this is not true I dist herd it somewere

and sorry for my bad enlish

You've got it correct. Ironically the button has been called 'Emotion Control' by the dev team.

KaBaW6957
03-31-2007, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by evasion438:
he would only run fast if he was being chased by someone who isnt in heavy armor and who can climb...guards cant climb and ARE in heavy armor. logically, one would assume he would only run as fast as he needs to, which isnt very fast at all. like fableb said, altair is nt an athlete, he doesnt have a record time to beat.

i thought the guards could climb up after you?? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif

an yea i agree, he shouldnt have to run FASTTT because the people chasing him arnt running to fast cause of everything they are wearing, and runnin fast will slow down your reaction time to cut corners or get to somethin, and plus it would make him more clumsy.. and perhaps make him miss a step, an like someone said if he was running his fastest and gets pushed or tripped, he will fall easier.


Originally posted by Anubis14_360:
ok heres what you need. lose stamina. After enough stamina has been lost, they will no longer be able to block the fatal blow and will be mortally wounded. During the X06 gameplay trailer, a producer from Ubisoft stated that combat would mostly rely on not becoming surrounded, being patient, and waiting for an opening to strike, rather than hacking away offensively. you have a stamina bar if you look at the xbox vidoe it is red and comes up when he starts to run, and theres more info in here.

i didnt notice that? ha ill hafta watch it again


Originally posted by RetiredHatch:
umm what's that have to do with running?

hes just sayin(correct me if im wrong) that if your sprinting that you will get tired and if you havent outrun the guards yet you will start to slow down and if you get caught by the guards you will prob die bacause you allready worn out that you wont block the attacks http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif

Gabriel-HS
03-31-2007, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by maxz1980:
I think you can run faster
you now in most games now if you do your stick a little bit to the front the charactar wil walk
if you do it to the end he will run
but I thod that there was a button that makes erverything more. I don't now how to say it.
for example if you just push somebody out off the way. if you pust the button he will push hem on the ground and I think this is the same with running

im sorry if this is not true I dist herd it somewere

and sorry for my bad enlish

Great neews!! Thank you gor the information maxz!!! That is exactly what i wanted..i mean, you needed to be able to run more, and at the same time control your stamina and the stability of your charcter.

DeAdLy2323
03-31-2007, 09:37 PM
i think he means that he needs to look like he is running, not taking a leasierly (however you spell it) jog through the city

Gabriel-HS
04-01-2007, 10:12 AM
Originally posted by DeAdLy2323:
i think he means that he needs to look like he is running, not taking a leasierly (however you spell it) jog through the city

Exactly! He needs to be running, not hanging out in the city

RetiredHatch
04-01-2007, 04:53 PM
hes just sayin(correct me if im wrong) that if your sprinting that you will get tired and if you havent outrun the guards yet you will start to slow down and if you get caught by the guards you will prob die bacause you allready worn out that you wont block the attacks


nope that is about blocking not running


and guards can climb up after you and they will they'll just not be as good at it as you are