PDA

View Full Version : Training Assassins

Slaterxx
06-22-2010, 02:01 PM
This thread is meant to get opinions on training your own army of assassins.

I like the idea to have 4 bad as assassins helping me around with others spread througout the city would be awesome. Just hope that the first assassin u train is a storyline mission like the first assassin tomb in AC 2. That way u can figure out how to do it right before training them in bulk.
On a side note, in the interview they say leos story had a twist, what if he became an assassin and u trained him! Now that would be epic a genius and a killer

EmperorxZurg
06-22-2010, 10:46 PM
I'm not totally sure that you raise your own army. They said in the beginning of the game you already have raised it mostly. Since co-op needs to be almost available from the start they'll probably have like 4 really good ones who have proven themselves assist you picked by Ezio. And the rest probably will just be seen as friendly units already placed by some unit commander like how your family took care of finances n AC2. And what's the link for Leo? Me wants to see! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

Ru1986
06-23-2010, 02:03 AM
Whether you build your own army as such or not you have to be looking forward to this feature, also after my questions were answered yesterday i have restored faith in UBI to make this particular feature of the game ace.

Azugo
06-23-2010, 02:34 AM
Originally posted by Ichkov:

The major addition to Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood is the ability to recruit and train stealthy warriors to aide Ezio in his quest for vengeance. Each character recruited into the brotherhood of assassins -- either male or female -- has their own identity: Once they die, they are gone forever. In order to upgrade recruits, Ezio must put them through training. This is done by sending members of the brotherhood on contracts throughout Europe, ranging in difficulty. When given the option to send a member on a task, a meter displays the probability for success. The system is risk and reward: While the recruit will be unavailable to help Ezio during gameplay -- or may even die while away -- he become a more lethal member of the brotherhood.

Throughout the single-player campaign, Ezio will be able to call on one or groups of the brotherhood member to help kill, distract, or protect him throughout the adventure. After selecting specialties (and even their ceremonial garb) for individual or groups of assassin's, Ezio can bring them in by targeting an enemy and slowly raising his fist. Using this new feature -- unfortunately referred to as the B.A.M. (or Brotherhood Assist Move) -- Ezio can calmly walk past guards or creep into new areas without the focus being turned on himself. It appears that there is no limitation to where you can call on a member of the brotherhood or what they can be asked to do. In one rooftop scene, Ezio called on a female assassin to make quick work of a Gunman -- a new enemy type who protects rooftops with a retro firearm -- using the classic wrist-blade weapon, in another a hail of smoke bombs masked Ezio's quick getaway.

The Brotherhood can be equipped with any item, including the new crossbow, and lash out deadly and precise maneuvers. When the B.A.M. is used, the Brotherhood complete the proper action, scuttle off and enter a cool-down state so the entire feature isn't used with impunity. In its quick and simple and can almost be considered the Renaissance-era version of Splinter Cell: Conviction's "Mark and Execute" feature.

By the way, I heard that right near the start of the game, we will get an ''Assassin's Guild'', which is where we will train a (small, I'm guesssing) army of Assassin's that you have recruited.

Just what I heard, it could be wrong.

For the record; I love the idea of recruiting and training my own Guild of Assassin's! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

Slaterxx
06-23-2010, 08:04 AM
d1sturbedme_468 I dint mean an army in numbers i meant an army in talent. its been proven that a decant assassin can take on at the least 3 templars. So if i train them right like ten should be able to take on 30 give or take. Also in interviews its been confirmed u save them from guards and then begin training them,sort of like the save the citizen missions in AC 1 except the benefit is another member of the brotherhood.
Side note....each assassin u recruit has hi own personality, sweet.

EmperorxZurg
06-23-2010, 09:58 AM
ah cool, didn't know that :P I'll have to do some more searching on this topic