PDA

View Full Version : Create a New Location Object

Gadir9
05-05-2010, 04:24 AM
Before explaining my doubt, I want to apologize for my English.

I am creating a map and in the Wild legends of the west mod (historical), default there are 3 objetives (3 dymanites, 3 spawn, 3 locations point).

I can create more chest, more dynamites, more spawn, but i canīt create more locations point. I add new object in interface, location.msh, but in object atributes, the class is ModelObjects and i canīt change to Location. Since i can create a new location object??

Is there create mora ActionChange too???

I hope to have explained well. Thank you.

Gadir

seir
05-05-2010, 10:39 AM
That's not so easy. You need to duplicate second objective and change objective 3 to 4 (last). If you want to do more than 4 objectives, again, you need to copy second objective few times (let's say 2 times so we'll get 5 objectives total) and change third objective to fifth objective so the last one will be allways at the end. It's like that because the last objective have action that ends the round. In other objectives you need to change the refeferences - that's a lot of mess to do.

Objective is all data with locations, action chains, crates and so on. It's very difficult.

cr1m3
05-05-2010, 10:48 AM
Hi,
to create a location, you need to do this;
in cromed click on all(box in the up right corner) then choose the type of new object in the drop-down menu and select(click on)>location.
Then click on add new object button (black box with a +) then put the object on your map.
For adding a new action chain, do exactly the same as
explained above but choose action chain object.

cr1m3
05-05-2010, 11:09 AM
and to find your action chain, open object list and search there then choose the object you want or type his name like this, *action and it's gonna be highlighted.
Once it's selected you can see his atributes with the object atributes button.
When you create action chain, you can change his name and it's easy to search your object again.
Now if you want objects working only in historical mode or linked with historical actions,
you have to put them in historical selections by selecting the object to add then hitting the selections button then choose the mode you want to add to and hit add selected.

cr1m3
05-05-2010, 11:14 AM
search (Create the objective Objects) in the forum find field.
or look there how to create new objectives

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/foru...601064597#4601064597 (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/3901002687/m/5351062597?r=4601064597#4601064597)

Gadir9
05-05-2010, 11:18 AM
Ok, i think that i know create a new object and i think that i understand all about second and third objetives, but... since duplicate the 2nd objetives and since change the class to location object??? Thanks everyone again.

Gadir

Gadir9
05-05-2010, 11:46 AM
I am trying to follow the instructions of the link,but i don`t know create action chains. I create object and try change class to action chains, but sure that it is not this way. Sorry for all.

Gadir

Gadir9
05-06-2010, 06:35 AM
Ok, i think that is allright. But i have a doubt in some steps.

6.b & 7.b) Insert the variable and its value to texts_temp.txt (i don't understand)
6.e) Choose appropriate m_TrackedPosYCorrection (What is appropriate value?)
11. Set up the intro movie
12. Create a Movie object pointing to the movie. (Is it necesary??)

And i have new problem. I try explain. My WildWest Legend map have 5 objetives. I want explode 1 to 1 obejtives, but to start game, the fourth first one objetives appear. When you explode four objetives, appear the final objetive. What is the fail?? Because i put the iObjectiveOrderNumber (red: 0-9, blue:10-19)in setup objetives.

Thanks seir and cr1m3.

Gadir

Gazitron
05-06-2010, 12:45 PM
Gazir9, you can find answers on all of your questions via search button!

11. Intro movie you can put by map_settings - you will find the line with startyp_movie etc.
etc

Gadir9
05-06-2010, 01:43 PM
Sorry Gazitron, but i have searched in 5 page post of "Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood Modder’s Pack". I know that i am doing many questions, but before i have read very much. If i do these questions it is because i have not found answers. Probably it is bacause i do not dominate the language.

Gadir

Gadir9
05-07-2010, 01:58 AM
Ok, all is ok now. Thanks for help.

Gadir