PDA

View Full Version : stupid microsoft!

Luke2.0
12-09-2009, 04:21 AM
This seems like a really great idea. i was pretty stoked about it. free stuff. cool! it would be if ****ing microsoft wasn't stopping me from downloading the rewards that you guys are offering.

If you don't know Ms is stopping anyone in New Zealand who is under the age of 18 from downloading anything on xboxlive. This means a 16yr old like me wouldn't even be able to download a picture pack for viva pinata if I wanted. and I was hoping that seeing as it was ubisoft offering the reward that it would go straight past this. but alas, no.

I tryed downloading something and used some reward points but then i got an error code from ms. is there anything you guys could do about this. beat up microsoft or something?

JuiceBeast
12-09-2009, 08:53 PM
There's no downloading necessary, afaik. All the Uplay rewards are on the gamedisc... the only thing you need to connect to Xbox Live for is to sync with your Uplay/Ubisoft account, which you do from the Assassin's Creed II main screen by pressing "Y" on the controller.

Luke2.0
12-09-2009, 10:37 PM
Na there is. You can't even get into uplay without being connected to the internet. And then when you download sumthing it comes up with the xboxy thingy telling you what youre downloading and price etc.

NekoKera
12-10-2009, 12:43 AM
The only award that requires a connection to proccess a download to your Xbox 360 HDD via Xbox Live is the "Theme." Everything else is already on your disc in your possession, U-Play allows you to unlock them as a reward of playing through the storyline of your game. Some regions do not have U-Play functionality so it is not your Xbox's fault or the Rewards, there have already been some users from New Zealand that have been having issues reporting this as well as minors in countries not quite up to par for U-Play causing even greater issues connecting to the Server let alone redeeming rewards/actions.

Luke2.0
12-10-2009, 01:07 AM
Ha ok it was the theme that I was trying to download. that would explain it