PDA

View Full Version : Problems with the P39

HotelBushranger
07-22-2005, 03:29 AM
I find, with all variants, that the P-39 pilot is a wuss! He can barely take 4G's without a complete blackout! It's getting too bad to the stage where I cann't fly them anymore, which is a bugger as it's a fav. Whats going on with it in the new patch?

Cheers

Slechtvalk
07-22-2005, 04:11 AM
The most weird thing I find about the p39 is that when you press the stick forward it almost don't want to go down. Best example is using landing flaps and landing!!! Try pointing your nose down! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/354.gif

In flight use combat flaps and the nose will point up in the sky in seconds and the plane even will go vertical/90 degrees if you don't touch the stick in just a few seconds!

I do think something is wrong.. Like the absurd tb3 it only want to go up and up and up like a sailplane with an engine.

F19_Ob
07-22-2005, 04:32 AM
Hi m8's

Bushranger Make sure u post this in the bugreport in orr so they can take a look at it.
This is the first time we have this flightmodel so likely all planes aren't individually tuned yet.
The dev team must lay their main work on BoB so they rely on us to find things and if we want them looked at we better post, even if we aren't sure it's a bug or not. They surely will quickly sort out posts with no bearing.

There are some obvious misstunings on other planes aswell. One example is the p51's wich recover from the hardest spin by just releasing the stick. so post your issue in the bugreport.
here:
http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/63110913/m/2601076033

-------------------------------------------

Slechtvalk wrote:
"The most weird thing I find about the p39 is that when you press the stick forward it almost don't want to go down. Best example is using landing flaps and landing!!! Try pointing your nose down!"

Some allied planes needed to be trimmed down a lot and didn't have good bunting capabilities like the bf109 and fw 190.
I haven't looked into this matter in detail but I remember reading that the spit and hurricane couldn't bunt as well as the 109 and that was another reason for 109's bunting exept for that the allied engines cut out early in the war when doing that.

a few thoughts http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

msalama
07-22-2005, 04:38 AM
Try pointing your nose down!

You have to trim your nose down a LOT when you use landing flaps with the Cobra! They generate tremendous lift which HAS to be countered by proper trimming...

Slechtvalk
07-22-2005, 04:56 AM
Originally posted by msalama:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Try pointing your nose down!

You have to trim your nose down a LOT when you use landing flaps with the Cobra! They generate tremendous lift which HAS to be countered by proper trimming... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes but it feels just a bit overdone. Because it's like 200% or more lift then other planes?

msalama
07-22-2005, 06:07 AM
Because it's like 200% or more lift then other planes?

Dunno if it's historically correct, but yeah, some flap designs generate waaaaaaaay more lift than others...

chaikanut
07-22-2005, 08:20 AM
This is due to the position of the engine / centre of gravity.

P39 is unique anyway.

73GIAP_Milan
07-22-2005, 08:41 AM
well.. since the last patches in the 4.0x series i find the whole P-39 series a bit odd.. they don't fly anymore as they used to fly, the G-limit is low, rudder sway is immense (the pendulum sway) and it can't take as much damage as it used to soak up.

Things have changed for sure, but it still remains my fav. plane.

I just hope a next patch corrects alot of the difficulties. And i do turn the extra lift-thingy into an advantage sometimes.. just roll over, slap on an extra notch of flaps (combat flaps) and pull the stick..
I don't fly online as much, due to cooling problems etc, but it surely gives the AI a hard time http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

HotelBushranger
07-22-2005, 09:20 AM
Bushranger Make sure u post this in the bugreport in orr so they can take a look at it.

Thanks mate, will do.

well.. since the last patches in the 4.0x series i find the whole P-39 series a bit odd.. they don't fly anymore as they used to fly, the G-limit is low, rudder sway is immense (the pendulum sway) and it can't take as much damage as it used to soak up.

Things have changed for sure, but it still remains my fav. plane.

I just hope a next patch corrects alot of the difficulties. And i do turn the extra lift-thingy into an advantage sometimes.. just roll over, slap on an extra notch of flaps (combat flaps) and pull the stick..
I don't fly online as much, due to cooling problems etc, but it surely gives the AI a hard time Cool

Salute and Regards,

I wish I could comment on this, however it's hard for me to disinguish between an aircrafts flight model, and my own joysticks problems, ie twitching etc.