PDA

View Full Version : why didn't they go with an apple

monkeyuncle8
04-03-2010, 01:04 PM
so I was watching a history channel episode where they talk about the devinci code and apparently the templars found scrolls revealing the location of either the descendant of Jesus or the holy grail and I was wondering why didn't Ubisoft do the holy grail instead of an apple of edan or are they saving that

TheRealDABhand
04-03-2010, 02:10 PM
Hard to say what the holy grail is.

Is it a shroud?
Is it a Codex?
Is it a Bloodline?
Is it a Cup?

I personally think its the Book of Jesus, which was removed by the Papacy from the Bible as it contradicted what they were trying to do, and that was surpress peoples beliefs.

The Papacy back then was not a nice thing as it is today (probably still isn't nice :P).

I believe that the Book of Jesus and other codex's and other scriptures were buried in Egypt by order of the Vatican. Which was later found by a farmer mid 20th century, in Nag Hammadi.

They some were too damaged or destroyed, I believe someone got their hands on the grail again and its somewhere.

AJ_Rimmer_Bsc
04-03-2010, 02:22 PM
and once we find out jesus was just a poor mans yuri geller who got drunk and pulled a few tricks at a party one night,then we can all get back to reality.

quick "bunch a flowers!" after a few bevvies and look what happened ?..its nuts.

TheRealDABhand
04-03-2010, 02:46 PM
Yep thats the problem, if the Book of Jesus (or Gospel of) were to say that himself was not the son of God.

All hell will break loose. Israel would be going apocalyptic, as that would mean nobody has claims to any land there so fighting would be fierce, and that would cause other Islamic states to get in the action, Jordan may go for Israel, Iran to Iraq and so on.

Mass suicides, from christian believers who think now living is a waste of time etc. Then Catholicism will be gone. Some other religions believing in 1 true God will suffer.

Some extremists will use this time to attack western countries declaring they are not true followers, and declare Jihad after Jihad.

Would not be a good time to be on the planet I think :\

monkeyuncle8
04-03-2010, 08:21 PM
I think you people are going on a different topic, but I am not sure because half of what you say is gibberish to me and I am in the top 5% of my state

ninjasownu
04-03-2010, 09:59 PM
I am confused. Wasnt the devinici code a book written recently? I thought the author wrote it in like the 1980 or something but it didnt sell. He then told everyone that it was true and it sold everywhere.

obliviondoll
04-03-2010, 11:05 PM
It's Da Vinci Code, not "devinci" first of all. As in Leonardo Da Vinci - you may have heard of him?

It was publicised because it was based on "controversial" theories about the holy grail. The book is vaguely recent, the theories it was based on were from the 80s.

Angels and Demons, by the same author, came out before it, had the same main character, a better version of the same overall storyline, and didn't need "it's controversial" to make it sell. It had at least as many links to real-world religious research too.

TheRealDABhand
04-04-2010, 06:53 AM
Dan Brown is the author of the books, he also written one recently that was to show the freemasons as a highly secretive cult, it once was but today they are an organisation that promotes equallity and sharing of information. Not the behind the door antics that Dan Brown suggests.

TheRealDABhand
04-04-2010, 07:24 AM
Originally posted by monkeyuncle8:
I think you people are going on a different topic, but I am not sure because half of what you say is gibberish to me and I am in the top 5% of my state

Its not gibberish, just because you dont know about the subject doesnt mean its gibberish, you just have to go look for the information. It is all out there.

It all starts with the execution of the last Grand Master of the Knights Templar, De Molay. The reason why he was executed in France, was the current King - Philip IV - was in a way jealous of the way the people favoured Jacques De Molay over himself.

Philip used the current Pope in the Vatican - Clement V, through bribery and threats, to start a holy war against the Templars.

This happened on Friday, October 13th 1307 where arrests were made, some people believe this is when Friday the 13th became a popular belief. Because the arrests that day and subsequent executions of several templars later in March 1314, caused a weird series of instances after their deaths.

Philip, on the 29th November 1314, died in a hunting accident. Clement V on the 20th April 1314 died of "natural causes". And after these deaths another series of events happened.

Clement V on the night of his death was buried in a church, of which a thunderstorm appeared and a lightning bolt hit the church in which he lay, and burned it to the ground.

Philips royal house and bloodline died off within 14 years of Philips death, making his house disappear.

Before De Molay was executed, he ordered other templars to flee to Scotland, as the Vatican had no reach there.

But some remained in other European Countries, and 2 groups formed. The Order of the Rose Cross - which were a bunch of alchemists and their leader Christian Rosencreutz who was to believed to be over 100 years old. Many believed he found a way to extend life. He was buried in his Laboratory he used to view the cosmos with telescopes and practice alchemy tied with the Kabalah Tree. Later his Laboratory was found by people and his body was gone, which many believed he somehow came back to life and was seen in various countries.

Also the Faithful to Love (more commonly known as Fedeli d'Amore - http://www.umanista.net/uk/index.html ), who had members of the Art and Literature movement, namely Dante who people know as the creator of the Divine Comedy. Later the group had a familiar member to AC2 players, Leonardo De Vinci, and Michelangelo also Raphael.

These two organisations later dissipated and the Freemasons became prominent in Europe. It is believed that both these groups joined to form the European Freemasons - Freemasonry formed way before that in the Middle East.

Which is why today, for example in Edinburgh at Rosslyn Church it has both Templar and Freemason sculptures inside. The place of the fabled Apprentice's Pillar, where an apprentice of a renowned freemason master made a beautiful pillar of stone (still there today) to which on the return of his master, who became jealous of the work, killed his apprentice.

Anyway I will leave the story there http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Murcuseo
04-04-2010, 11:37 AM
***content removed - Let's avoid this kind of language (e.g. insulting fellow forum members and forgetting that these are E-rated forums) from now on in these forums - thanks

Isiloron
04-05-2010, 11:28 AM
*SPOILER!*

In AC1 the grail is mentioned if you read through all the files on the computers. And it is considered not an artifact. Maybe they got hold of it?