PDA

View Full Version : Tank battles, and ground fire...

XyZspineZyX
08-22-2003, 10:02 PM
Hey... I had heard mention that you could find tanks battling eachother on the ground as you fly in certain areas in FB...

What maps / campaigns have these tank battles? I've seen artillary firing at artillary, tanks firing at artillary, and vice versa... But never tanks firing at other tanks (I'm not sure I've even seen freindly tank icons on the minimap when icons are enabled). So where are the tank battles?

Furthermore, every now and again while defending an airfield far into freindly turf, I will see little mini explosions on the ground (artillary fire)... But yet it is so far into freindly territory that it could not be enemy artilarry fire... What are these little exlposions then? (They're too small and not well placed enough to be enemy bombs targetting the airfield).

XyZspineZyX
08-22-2003, 10:02 PM
Hey... I had heard mention that you could find tanks battling eachother on the ground as you fly in certain areas in FB...

What maps / campaigns have these tank battles? I've seen artillary firing at artillary, tanks firing at artillary, and vice versa... But never tanks firing at other tanks (I'm not sure I've even seen freindly tank icons on the minimap when icons are enabled). So where are the tank battles?

Furthermore, every now and again while defending an airfield far into freindly turf, I will see little mini explosions on the ground (artillary fire)... But yet it is so far into freindly territory that it could not be enemy artilarry fire... What are these little exlposions then? (They're too small and not well placed enough to be enemy bombs targetting the airfield).

XyZspineZyX
08-22-2003, 10:06 PM
I have to admit that no matter how many times I play FB (even patched), I still don`t get the impression of ground battles. The only thing that did it for me was Lowengrin`s DCG, which enabled you to see specific battles that actually affected things. eg: Panzers overwhelming Russian artillery or vice versa. I dunno if it works with patched FB, haven`t tried it yet `cos I wanted to give Starshoy`s Campaign a fair shot first.

"Tis better to work towards an Impossible Good, rather than a Possible Evil."

SeaFireLIV.

XyZspineZyX
08-22-2003, 10:07 PM
Its hard to see the ground battles to begin with, tanks/artillery only show puffs of smoke, shouldn't they show muzzle flash fire as in the planes, so its easier to see from the ground.
Oh can you tell me where i can get Lowengrin`s DCG?
---------------------------------
http://www.x-plane.org/users/butcherbird/1041.jpg

Message Edited on 08/22/0309:10PM by pdog1

XyZspineZyX
08-22-2003, 10:20 PM
With the Full Mission Builder, just place some german and russian tanks close. Then place your plane in proximity for take off.
Launch the mission, engage external view and watch the nice ground battle movie!!!!

XyZspineZyX
08-22-2003, 10:40 PM
They used to happen in IL2, but disappeard in FB

http://www.jw-design.net/SIGGINEW.jpg

The world will change when you are ready to pronounce this oath:
I swear by my Life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man,
nor ask another man to live for the sake of mine.

Miss A. R.

XyZspineZyX
08-23-2003, 12:02 AM
Tank battles were pretty evident in IL-2 and cool to watch. It was neat to fly over a battle, looking for enemy tanks and protecting yours. Too bad they dissapeared in FB...

GATO_LOCO

XyZspineZyX
08-23-2003, 01:28 AM
You can do anything in FB that you could do with IL-2 in the FMB as far as I know. The only big diference that I've noticed is that the 150, and 152mm artillery don't cause explosions on the ground any more like in IL-2. The 88's and 85mm AAA do though, as do the rocket artillery.

XyZspineZyX
08-23-2003, 02:07 AM
I was shot by a tank after bailing, it said that "_____ has been shot by a tank's main gun".

XyZspineZyX
08-23-2003, 05:37 AM
put rocket launchers firing at objects, can be seen from quite a ways away