PDA

View Full Version : UK TV Guide for tonight (Monday 13th)

AWL_Spinner
12-13-2004, 09:42 AM
Excellent series, this.

Cheers, Spinner

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>
Bomber Crew

9:00pm - 10:00pm

Channel 4

3/4 - Sitting Ducks

Week after week, this series reminds us how hellish it was for Second World War bomber crews. Tonight the focus is on the gunners. It might seem a comparatively cushy job, but think about it: they had to sit in freezing-cold gun turrets and stare out at the night sky for hours at a time, hunting for the silhouette of a German fighter. If they caught a glimpse of one, they had to open fire or be shot down first. The reflexes and stamina needed on a ten-hour mission must have been nerve-shredding, so no wonder quite a few of them had breakdowns.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

AWL_Spinner
12-13-2004, 09:42 AM
Excellent series, this.

Cheers, Spinner

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>
Bomber Crew

9:00pm - 10:00pm

Channel 4

3/4 - Sitting Ducks

Week after week, this series reminds us how hellish it was for Second World War bomber crews. Tonight the focus is on the gunners. It might seem a comparatively cushy job, but think about it: they had to sit in freezing-cold gun turrets and stare out at the night sky for hours at a time, hunting for the silhouette of a German fighter. If they caught a glimpse of one, they had to open fire or be shot down first. The reflexes and stamina needed on a ten-hour mission must have been nerve-shredding, so no wonder quite a few of them had breakdowns.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

trumper
12-13-2004, 01:50 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif BUMPPPPPPP,8 MINS TO GO

Aaron_GT
12-13-2004, 02:02 PM
My wife actually considered applying for this (her grandfather flew B17s in WW2) but thought she'd better leave it to those who flew for Bomber Command instead).

fluke39
12-13-2004, 03:51 PM
Paah - having been avidly watching the first 2 of the series i proceeded to get drunk,pass out for 1 hour 30 mins and neatly miss tonights episode (the series was a simlar format to spitfire ace IMO but much better done)

to look on the bright side i guess it solves the issue of my 4 hourvideo tape which had the hour long episode of "auschwitz" at the beggining as well as the previous 2 bomber crews.