PDA

View Full Version : The animus can separate Desmond from Altair AND Ezio...

ace3001
10-05-2011, 06:42 AM
I was watching all the ACR videos again (yes, I'm addicted, so what? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif), and I noticed this. S16 tells Desmond that he needs to complete all unfinished memories so that the animus can separate Desmond from Altair and Ezio. Note that he talks about both ancestors.
Now does this mean we're actually gonna play as Altair as well, through the animus? I mean not through the TWCB seals, cause as far as the animus is concerned, those would be Ezio's memories, and not Altair's. Thoughts?

ProletariatPleb
10-05-2011, 06:59 AM
Originally posted by kolitha.kuruppu:
I was watching all the ACR videos again (yes, I'm addicted, so what? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif), and I noticed this. S16 tells Desmond that he needs to complete all unfinished memories so that the animus can separate Desmond from Altair and Ezio. Note that he talks about both ancestors.
Now does this mean we're actually gonna play as Altair as well, through the animus? I mean not through the TWCB seals, cause as far as the animus is concerned, those would be Ezio's memories, and not Altair's. Thoughts?

Err no, we played as Alta´r in AC1, which enabled or rather awakened Eagle Vision in Desmond, so we obviously accessed some part of our DNA which housed our ancestor's memory, and also Ezio's..... so we now have unfinished memories of both Alta´r and Ezio.

Atleast that's what I think.

NewBlade200
10-05-2011, 07:02 AM
That probably wont happen. The animus will probably pick up the Altair segments as memories. I read somewhere that there are 5 Alty levels and 5 seals.

ace3001
10-05-2011, 07:45 AM
Originally posted by NewBlade200:
The animus will probably pick up the Altair segments as memories I don't see how, as the memories will be retrieved from Ezio's DNA and not Altair's.

Originally posted by sidspyker24:
so we now have unfinished memories of both Alta´r and Ezio.

Yes, we do. So wouldn't that mean we have to finish Altair's memories too?

NewBlade200
10-05-2011, 07:50 AM
We could assume that the seals load the memories into Ezio for Des' sake. We don't know how the seals work so it could be anything.

ProletariatPleb
10-05-2011, 07:52 AM
Yes, we do. So wouldn't that mean we have to finish Altair's memories too?
Yes, and that's exactly what we will be doing through the memories of Ezio, watching the memories of Alta´r....that's what S16 said, we need to find the nexus where their destinies converge..

dxsxhxcx
10-05-2011, 07:55 AM
Originally posted by kolitha.kuruppu:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by NewBlade200:
The animus will probably pick up the Altair segments as memories I don't see how, as the memories will be retrieved from Ezio's DNA and not Altair's.

Originally posted by sidspyker24:
so we now have unfinished memories of both Alta´r and Ezio.

Yes, we do. So wouldn't that mean we have to finish Altair's memories too? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I believe Altair had the son who would be Desmond's ancestor too soon so we wouldn't be seeing many memories as him if we saw his memories directly via the animus, that's why they created the seals, but what you say makes sense, but it's something we'll need to "swallow" if we want to play as Altair again.. xD

LightRey
10-05-2011, 10:21 AM
We reached the end of Alta´r's memories in AC2 (with him "doing the deed" with Maria), so unless we're viewing more memories from before that moment we'll not be playing as Alta´r "directly" through the animus.

naran6142
10-05-2011, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by LightRey:
We reached the end of Alta´r's memories in AC2 (with him "doing the deed" with Maria), so unless we're viewing more memories from before that moment we'll not be playing as Alta´r "directly" through the animus.

this, there is only events of before AC1 for desmond to view of altair, but that would be kind of syncing backward which doesn't make much sense

we'll probably just play as altair through the seals

dxsxhxcx
10-05-2011, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by naran6142:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:

this, there is only events of before AC1 for desmond to view of altair, but that would be kind of syncing backward which doesn't make much sense

we'll probably just play as altair through the seals </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

we can see the events of AC: Bloodlines too and probably some years after that, but there's already a game for that, so I don't think they'll show the memories of Bloodlines in ACR...

Jexx21
10-05-2011, 03:51 PM
Does AC: Bloodlines actually have Desmond in it?

And regardless, Bloodlines takes place before Altiar tumbled with Maria.

dxsxhxcx
10-05-2011, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by Jexx21:
Does AC: Bloodlines actually have Desmond in it?

And regardless, Bloodlines takes place before Altiar tumbled with Maria.

I don't know because I didn't play the game (but I read the events of Bloodlines in the book The Secret Crusade and wiki) and I know it happened before Altair and Maria had sex in AC2 but if you read what naran6142 wrote you'll see that he said that there are only events before AC1 for Desmond to see, what's wrong because we are able to see the events of AC: Bloodlines too and that's why I posted my commentary above talking about Bloodlines...

ace3001
10-05-2011, 06:08 PM
You guys are forgetting something here. The Altair memory in AC II was not synched through the animus. As far as the animus is concerned, the last memory of Altair that Desmond saw is either the end of AC1, or the end of Bloodlines if that is considered canon for the present day story.
(ie. Bloodlines has the same Abstergo animus 1.28 interface as the first AC, with the tutorial referring to the player as Subject 17, implying that it's Desmond, but dunno whether that's canon in terms of the present day story, cause it kinda doesn't fit.)

Jexx21
10-05-2011, 07:07 PM
BUt it's already sorted in his head and the Animus has to sync to his brain too so he can enter the white room.

Sarari
10-05-2011, 08:46 PM
Originally posted by NewBlade200:
That probably wont happen. The animus will probably pick up the Altair segments as memories. I read somewhere that there are 5 Alty levels and 5 seals.
So what you're saying is that we're going to play 10 missions as Altair??http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

And if I'm totally off, what's an Alty?

Jexx21
10-05-2011, 08:49 PM
Alty is a nickname for Altiar.

And if there are 5 sequences and 5 seals, it just means there are 5 Altiar Sequences, one for each seal.