PDA

View Full Version : Ki-61-I-Hei Fire Extinguisher...

LEBillfish
05-18-2006, 10:43 PM
Thanks 1c group and 3rd party folks for turning on the Ki-61-I-Hei Fire Extinguisher (just now discovered it not sure when you did)......Though in reality I believe it worked for not only the engine but fuel tanks as well, I understand the model is set up a certain way and has limitations yet it certainly helps.....

Thanks for the attention to that point Oleg as you said you would, hope you can find time to touch on a few of the other issues.

K2

leitmotiv
05-20-2006, 04:52 AM
Yes, LEBillfish, the Ki-61-I Koh is the sports model of all the fighters in this system. Used it yesterday for the first time in ages and instantly realized its superiority---it does not climb---it floats. It is the antidote to everything Allied. Too bad the Hei is so loaded with cannon and ammunition it handles like a lead sled---definitely needs that fire extinguisher.

VW-IceFire
05-20-2006, 07:33 AM
Did the Ki-100 have this system as well?

LEBillfish
05-20-2006, 09:01 AM
Originally posted by VW-IceFire:
Did the Ki-100 have this system as well?

I cannot confirm if it did as I've not looked yet I'll look into it.......What I can say though is a "number" of Japanese planes had it as this is what one of the Kawasaki Aircraft Companies sub-divisions did to help make their in.

The system however as said above was not initially for engines yet for "aircraft fuel tanks". I'll take a look into it but I'd "assume" it would.

Daiichidoku
05-21-2006, 06:34 PM
automatic fuel tank fire extinguishers for the A6M5c are also still missing

further OT....the B 25 has fire ext for each engine...i cannot recall a single time, EVER, when i have had an engine fire on the mitchell...had some engines get blown clean off the mounts, but never on fire

but for some reason, the wing root fuel tanks NEXT to the engines catch fire constantly, where the fire ext are useless http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

LEBillfish
05-21-2006, 08:23 PM
It was mentioned to me on j-aircraft forums that the A6M2 series and up had fire supression for the engine, yet at the A6M5 and up point they dropped it in favor of fuel tank supression.....Trying to get some facts on all IJA/IJN planes.

Aviar
05-22-2006, 07:47 AM
Originally posted by LEBillfish:
Thanks 1c group and 3rd party folks for turning on the Ki-61-I-Hei Fire Extinguisher (just now discovered it not sure when you did)......

I'm not really sure how far back it goes, but it was already working in 4.04m.

Aviar