PDA

View Full Version : Is there a way to change the voice recordings?

SabreF-86
04-05-2005, 12:15 AM
I'd like to go and change some of the expressions used in the game. Does anyone know how the wav files are used in game? Can one re-record the phrases, and save them under the original file names or is there some different set up being used?

Sabre

SabreF-86
04-05-2005, 12:15 AM
I'd like to go and change some of the expressions used in the game. Does anyone know how the wav files are used in game? Can one re-record the phrases, and save them under the original file names or is there some different set up being used?

Sabre

Tully__
04-05-2005, 01:27 AM
One can do just that, but the samples must be in the correct sound format for the game to recognise them. There's some info about formats in the manual or readme. The actual files are sorted into folders by army and can be found in the ...\samples\Speech folder in the main game directory.

Those using the original IL2 Sturmovik can only do this if they're patched up to the 1.2ov patch (which only works correctly if applied over the 1.1a and 1.2 patches). FB/AEP/PF all have open voice files out of the box.

SabreF-86
04-05-2005, 04:12 AM
Thanks Tully, guess I'll go ahead and try a few of them for giggles. I never did like the way the Germans set altitude. Should be Hohe, not Halle.

Sabre