PDA

View Full Version : the short blade

Ryan_486
10-30-2010, 12:58 AM
Does anybody else hope that the short blade from AC1 graces our screens once again. That was the coolest weapon ever

Rakudaton
10-30-2010, 03:19 AM
In what way are the short swords, daggers and knives of AC2 any different? They looked identical and behaved identically to it. The only difference was you couldn't use throwing knives with them, which you will be able to in ACB.

ninjasownu
10-30-2010, 08:58 AM
I do and yes I know what you mean. Yes it is. In AC you could use both the throwing knives and the dagger at the same time.

Lazaran
10-30-2010, 09:37 AM
No, throwing knives shouldn't be combined with the short blade again. I would always accidentally throw a knife instead of attacking which me off.

<span class="ev_code_RED">Please do not bypass the Language Filter.</span>

jimbo11235813
10-30-2010, 10:07 AM
I think you can chose whether you want throwing knives or the short blade combined with throwing knives when you go to the weapons wheel. This video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJW4u-kk_nY) shows the short blade icon also has the throwing knives just like the sword with the hidden gun.

I loved it in AC1 because I could take out a whole group within minutes. It never interfered with combat as Altair would usually pull out his sword when combat started and a hidden blade would always kill faster than a sword attack (I always change back to a hidden blade after combat or after using throwing knives.)

PhiIs1618033
10-30-2010, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by Lazaran:
No, throwing knives shouldn't be combined with the short blade again. I would always accidentally throw a knife instead of attacking which me off.
Well, each to their own, I'd say. A knife is a one-hit kill, whereas you need more for the blades, so I like that one better.