PDA

View Full Version : we need a new moderator

oozziejoe
01-07-2008, 12:48 PM
There has been a big upsurge in posts filled with useless noise. can i recommend we get a moderator. I already moderate a list and can't do it. is there anybody interested and how do we get you elected to moderator?

Man, people are malicious and have way too much time.

best
joseph

oozziejoe
01-07-2008, 12:51 PM
it looks to me like chaosisgood is trying to destroy this forum, quite simply.

Pr0metheus 1962
01-07-2008, 04:07 PM
Just place him on ignore. With the ignore feature the need for a moderator diminishes.

The great thing about this forum's ignore feature is that it also prevents you from receiving email notices when some bozo like Chaosisgood comes along.

If everyone places him on ignore he's just wasting his time and he'll eventually figure it out and leave.

Strange that this spammer has turned up right after Ebutaljib left, and seems to be from the same part of the world. But apparently he's a woman. Nice try at throwing us off the scent, Ebu - AND making it seem like your moderating powers are desperately needed.

roaringking87
01-08-2008, 02:42 AM
In my opinion we really nead a new moderator...this forum is really chaotic http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

ebutaljib
01-08-2008, 09:08 AM
You think you have it all figured out Beeryus, huh?

You may have registered on ubisoft forums even before I have but you are taking part on Chessmaster forums for how long? A month or two? So you don't really know anything about this forum and the history of it.

Do you know how I became moderator? Do you think I begged to become one? Chessmaster forums never had any moderators and there really was no need for moderators. But then one user GeorgievaMaria went bezerk (yes, you got, it it was that lunatic from Cyprus). It polluted the forum with his useless posts and there was absolutelly nobody that would stop him. Months went by before some Ubisoft administrator accidentally saw it. He made Presidan, c1arinetboy and Fingersmith moderators. Fingersmith said that he doesn't want to do it so on Presidan recommendation (since i was the most active member) made me a moderator instead of Fingersmith. During the years we deleted about (and this is no exaggeraion) 5000 posts from this lunatic. We tried everything, we banned all his accounts, tried to trace his IP to block him, but to no avail. He visits the forums regullary (now he has revealed himself as renatojr -- see the 3D post (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/4221052685/m/9041085906)) so he knows when is the right time to launch his assault. So you say it is strange that he came now. No it is perfect timming for him. My moderator privileges have been revoked and bam there he goes, because it is untouchable now. I'm really surprised that someone deleted his posts so fast. He comes and goes in intervals. You'll see that in few weeks or even months he will be back.

I know that you probably don't believe me (although I never lied to you) and that i'm waisting my breath, but wanted to tell you anyway. I would have done it over the private message but you blocked me. I don't really know why you did that since I never send you any message before.

If you still think that I have something to do with it then answer me this:

1) If I was "addicted" with moderator privileges and still wanted to do this job, then why did I say I will quit?

2) Why did I request that my moderator privileges be revoked? (I don't have any moderator privileges anymore)

3) If I wanted to destroy this forum then why didn't I do it when I really had the chance?

So to answer your question. Yes, this forum desperatelly needs a moderator. I vote for you Beeryus. You should become a moderator.

P.S.: He is from Cyprus and I'm from Slovenia. When you are made moderator then you can check our IP's and you'll see.

diskamyl
01-08-2008, 10:10 AM
that's a very ugly accusation from you Beeryus. you're being hysterical and paranoid.

renatojr
01-08-2008, 10:49 AM
Are you crazy!I am not a hacker.I living on Brazil and only thing that I want is respect.

oozziejoe
01-08-2008, 11:36 AM
ebutaljib , why not come back to active participation on the forum? It will be much easier now that you are not a moderator. Just enjoy it, and now you do not feel like you have to answer simple questions.

I am sure nobody wants you to leave, or hardly anybody (well, you can't keep everybody happy)

Originally posted by ebutaljib:
You think you have it all figured out Beeryus, huh?

You may have registered on ubisoft forums even before I have but you are taking part on Chessmaster forums for how long? A month or two? So you don't really know anything about this forum and the history of it.

Do you know how I became moderator? Do you think I begged to become one? Chessmaster forums never had any moderators and there really was no need for moderators. But then one user GeorgievaMaria went bezerk (yes, you got, it it was that lunatic from Cyprus). It polluted the forum with his useless posts and there was absolutelly nobody that would stop him. Months went by before some Ubisoft administrator accidentally saw it. He made Presidan, c1arinetboy and Fingersmith moderators. Fingersmith said that he doesn't want to do it so on Presidan recommendation (since i was the most active member) made me a moderator instead of Fingersmith. During the years we deleted about (and this is no exaggeraion) 5000 posts from this lunatic. We tried everything, we banned all his accounts, tried to trace his IP to block him, but to no avail. He visits the forums regullary (now he has revealed himself as renatojr -- see the 3D post (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/4221052685/m/9041085906)) so he knows when is the right time to launch his assault. So you say it is strange that he came now. No it is perfect timming for him. My moderator privileges have been revoked and bam there he goes, because it is untouchable now. I'm really surprised that someone deleted his posts so fast. He comes and goes in intervals. You'll see that in few weeks or even months he will be back.

I know that you probably don't believe me (although I never lied to you) and that i'm waisting my breath, but wanted to tell you anyway. I would have done it over the private message but you blocked me. I don't really know why you did that since I never send you any message before.

If you still think that I have something to do with it then answer me this:

1) If I was "addicted" with moderator privileges and still wanted to do this job, then why did I say I will quit?

2) Why did I request that my moderator privileges be revoked? (I don't have any moderator privileges anymore)

3) If I wanted to destroy this forum then why didn't I do it when I really had the chance?

So to answer your question. Yes, this forum desperatelly needs a moderator. I vote for you Beeryus. You should become a moderator.

P.S.: He is from Cyprus and I'm from Slovenia. When you are made moderator then you can check our IP's and you'll see.

keoki010
01-08-2008, 11:50 AM
ebu, I for one miss you. i'll echo the message asking u to participate in the forum. I enjoyed all your posts.

ebutaljib
01-08-2008, 12:30 PM
Sorry guys, but I made a decision and it is final. I will not participate. Quite many people said that I scared them off and that the forum will thrive now that the great dictator is gone. I will let it thrive.

renatojr
01-08-2008, 12:42 PM
Ebutaljib,I`m sorry for post in "3D".I´m sorry!

renatojr
01-08-2008, 12:48 PM
I deleted the post.

ebutaljib
01-08-2008, 01:01 PM
Maybe I was to quick with the judgment, but the whole thread is in his style. Honestly I really don't care anymore.

Pr0metheus 1962
01-08-2008, 02:26 PM
You think you have it all figured out Beeryus, huh?...

You know Ebutaljib, no one ever asked you to quit as moderator. I simply asked you to BEHAVE MORE LIKE ONE!

The only time anyone suggested you lose your moderator position was AFTER YOU REMOVED HUNDREDS OF POSTS FROM THE FORUM. Because we were afraid you were going to remove more posts.

No one has ever said they don't want you back. I never wanted you to leave. All I wanted was for you to treat new members with some respect. Apparently that was too difficult for you.

What you've done is entirely your own doing. If you were removed as moderator it was because you destroyed forum posts in an apparent orgy of destructive rage.

It might suit your ego to fool yourself into believing that you were the victim of some conspiracy orchestrated by me, but everything you did, you did to yourself. No one asked you to leave, no one forced you out. You have only yourself to blame for what happened.

ebutaljib
01-08-2008, 02:50 PM
Where did I said I have quit because of you? I have quit because I chose to quit, nobody made me. And for your information I asked that my moderator privileges are removed.

You are the one who believes in conspiracies. It was you who hinted that I was somehow connected with that lunatic who is poluting the forum once more.

Why don't you apply for the moderator? Maybe then I will reconsider and start activelly participating in this forum again.

TSchumann
01-08-2008, 03:24 PM
Ebutaljib,

You and I go back a long ways to the days of when we were finding the lost/missing Chess.FM videos together. I am sorry to see that all of this has happened. I usually keep to myself and lurk on the forum, but wanted to chime in. I am glad you made the following statement:

Maybe I was to quick with the judgment

It shows that you have some feeling over the matter. I also moderate another forum and know how much is involved with it and don't fault you for quitting. Thanks to your years of service to this community, I have benefited from them.

Beeryus,

I think it is your time to step up to the plate and take over moderator duties. We will see if you have the same commitment to this community that Ebutaljid did.

Pr0metheus 1962
01-08-2008, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by TSchumann:
Beeryus,

I think it is your time to step up to the plate and take over moderator duties. We will see if you have the same commitment to this community that Ebutaljid did.

I think you're under a misconception: I never asked Ebutaljib to stop being a moderator and I certainly wouldn't want to be a moderator of any forum. I left my last moderator job because I have a baby daughter to take care of and she hasn't got any less demanding in the last year or two. I don't have time to devote to moderating an internet forum. Even if I did want to be a moderator it seems many in this community are suffering from the delusion that I somehow 'forced' Ebutaljib out, so I doubt my accession to the post of moderator would be very popular.

If you really want a moderator (it seems some people desperately need to be led, much like sheep - no wonder you liked the iron rule of Ebutaljib - The Newbie Killer) then I suggest you choose someone like KHollister - he seems pretty level-headed and unlikely to fall into a rage and burn Rome to the ground if someone disagrees with him on some issue.

KHollister
01-08-2008, 04:17 PM
Forum moderator = shepherd? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Actually, I think a forum moderator would have more in common with a librarian. But I appreciate your vote of confidence... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Pr0metheus 1962
01-08-2008, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by KHollister:
Forum moderator = shepherd? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Actually, I think a forum moderator would have more in common with a librarian.

Trust me, it's more like a shepherd. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Raide
01-09-2008, 01:38 PM
Dear Community,

The lack of an active Moderator on the Chessmaster boards has been noted and we are looking into the matter.

If anyone has any serious suggestions as to who may be suitable/willing to fill the Moderator position, please PM me.

This has been forwarded to the Community Manager so it can be resolved as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience.

maBASAC
01-09-2008, 01:48 PM
Pay someone mother fackers...ubi makes so much money!! Don't expect anything 4 free in this life...

Pr0metheus 1962
01-09-2008, 02:15 PM
Just for the record, my nomination of KHollister was entirely serious. I think he'd make a great moderator, as long as he was willing to do the job.

KHollister
01-09-2008, 02:50 PM
Again, I appreciate the vote of confidence. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

If anyone has suggestions, please let Raide know via private message.

Hopefully a decision will be made soon...

ebutaljib
01-09-2008, 03:31 PM
My vote goes to anybody who wants to do it.

KHollister
01-10-2008, 03:25 PM
Has anyone volunteered to be the new moderator?

I did throw my own hat in the ring, but I'm curious to know if anyone else has stepped up to the plate... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

likesforests
01-10-2008, 03:58 PM
I considered it, but studying and writing about endgames keeps me very busy! I hope you get the moderator position. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Tomski1981
01-11-2008, 10:13 AM
i'll volunteer also, i can't do it fulltime, but i think if we get 3 or 4 mods... no one has to bear the whole weight.

Raide
01-11-2008, 11:25 AM
Hello All,

Thank you for your patience and PM's in regard to a Moderator for the ChessMaster forums. We are just working through a few details and we will be in contact as soon as possible, and we will update with details on who your new Moderator may be http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif