PDA

View Full Version : Patch now ?

Bomber_Dude
01-03-2005, 06:11 PM
If, according to posted information, a 3.04 patch is coming, and based on all the posts about one of my favorite mounts (Corsair) being porked in 3.03, is there any good reason to go through the agony of downloading it via dialup, only to do it all again when 3.04 comes out ?

What new features,new objects, or fixed problems justifies upgrading to 3.03 ?

Bomber_Dude
01-03-2005, 06:11 PM
If, according to posted information, a 3.04 patch is coming, and based on all the posts about one of my favorite mounts (Corsair) being porked in 3.03, is there any good reason to go through the agony of downloading it via dialup, only to do it all again when 3.04 comes out ?

What new features,new objects, or fixed problems justifies upgrading to 3.03 ?

HOTMUD
01-03-2005, 06:14 PM
some say the graphics are improved.i have a very high end system so i havent noticed it.the corsair is nuetered.it also seems my user made missions that i have made myself are all corrupt as well.i would wait.

LuftKuhMist
01-03-2005, 07:03 PM
My guess is that all energy planes suffered...

FW190 and Corsair are the most noticeable.

J_Weaver
01-03-2005, 10:07 PM
Any of you guys try taking off a fully loaded
P-47D-22? Its not much of a problem for the player but the ai can't do it. I hope these problems are fixed in 3.04

VW-IceFire
01-03-2005, 10:11 PM
The whole Maddox staff is on vacation right now. Till the 7th or 8th as I remember. I'd imagine it'd be a little after they get back that we see that patch.

Heck, they need the rest. I feel worn out after constant undergrad for several months...they are sound like they are working harder than I am and being far more productive http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

3.JG51_BigBear
01-03-2005, 10:15 PM
In one of his latest posts Oleg said that it would be at least three weeks before we saw the patch.

cwojackson
01-03-2005, 11:14 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 3.JG51_BigBear:
In one of his latest posts Oleg said that it would be at least three weeks before we saw the patch. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Yes, and when they released the game incomplete they said it would only be two weeks...that was almost two months ago.

D-XXI
01-03-2005, 11:18 PM
In the off-line campaigns on the eastfront you get a lot of lock-up's (80%-90%)with 3.03.
I reinstalled 3.01 for now.

Dunkelgrun
01-04-2005, 07:10 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by cwojackson:
Yes, and when they released the game incomplete they said it would only be two weeks...that was almost two months ago. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Don't believe anything that mentions 'two weeks'. It's a long-standing in-joke; you'll soon see http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif.

Cheers!

cwojackson
01-04-2005, 11:42 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Dunkelgrun:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by cwojackson:
Yes, and when they released the game incomplete they said it would only be two weeks...that was almost two months ago. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Don't believe anything that mentions 'two weeks'. It's a long-standing in-joke; you'll soon see http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif.

Cheers! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Kind of like don't believe what's on the Ubisoft box or what 1CMaddox says. The problem is, I seldom BUY a joke twice.

Troll2k
01-04-2005, 02:05 PM
Well I guess it will depend on what kind of patch they release.The latest patch (3.03) was an all inclusive patch.(would go from 3.0 direct to 3.03)
However must of their patches have been add on patches.where you need the previous patch before to can add the new on.If that is the case then you well need 3.03 anyway.

Oleg posted on the forum that they would be on holiday until the 10th.He also said it would be AT LEAST 3 WEEKS.Not that it would be 3 weeks but at least 3 weeks.

Obi_Kwiet
01-04-2005, 02:41 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 3.JG51_BigBear:
In one of his latest posts Oleg said that it would be at least three weeks before we saw the patch. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Yes, and when they released the game incomplete they said it would only be two weeks...that was almost two months ago. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No they didn't. They said it was done, and would be releaced with the game release. Meanwhile, almost three months later, we are still waiting.

cwojackson
01-04-2005, 08:48 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Obi_Kwiet:
In one of his latest posts Oleg said that it would be at least three weeks before we saw the patch. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Yes, and when they released the game incomplete they said it would only be two weeks...that was almost two months ago. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No they didn't. They said it was done, and would be releaced with the game release. Meanwhile, almost three months later, we are still waiting. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Well at least we have the Battle of Britain to look forward to...the one from Shockwave that is. I own two of their products and have to say they are the most impressive addons I've ever purchased...and by all standards they are well UNDER priced.

Without question I will be buying the BoB from Shockwave.

BlakJakOfSpades
01-04-2005, 10:22 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Obi_Kwiet:

No they didn't. They said it was done, and would be releaced with the game release. Meanwhile, almost three months later, we are still waiting. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
If you're referring to the Betty which is probably your only valid complaint i wanna know how many times u missed it so much u just had to go fly it from the external view. Can you count the number of times on one hand?

LEBillfish
01-05-2005, 08:32 AM
Corsair Porked??????????

You mean Uber right?

Last night tried launching 25% fuel, no bombs full ammo....3 tries later I'm off the deck and flying......Next attempt at 50% fuel, no problem.

Trick is don't panic...Trust the plane and let it via the fall past the deck gain speed and lift...you'll clear the water.

Uber in that in roughly 3 carrier lengths I was pushing 450kmh...Went pure verticle in a blackout grade pull up from just off the water. It climbed to close to 2000m and I held it going external and watched it fall backwards reaching -50kmh never once losing it's attitude. Kicked the rudder over, perfect hammerhead with no flutter/spin/loss of control, and had reached 450 before I pulled out just above the water and continued to build speed with another blackout grade pullout....

Porked?...that is the first time I have ever flown it.....I have no idea how ANYONE could not beat any other plane here in it. FW not half as nice but flys just fine too.

cwojackson
01-05-2005, 01:18 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by BlakJakOfSpades:

No they didn't. They said it was done, and would be releaced with the game release. Meanwhile, almost three months later, we are still waiting. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
If you're referring to the Betty which is probably your only valid complaint i wanna know how many times u missed it so much u just had to go fly it from the external view. Can you count the number of times on one hand? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>No, the Betty is only half the issue, and yes, when I pay full price for a product I expect to receive ALL of the product...and I also expect the product to be complete, not under development.

BlakJakOfSpades
01-05-2005, 07:21 PM
ok, so whats the other half of the issue?

tagTaken2
01-05-2005, 11:23 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>
No, the Betty is only half the issue, and yes, when I pay full price for a product I expect to receive ALL of the product...and I also expect the product to be complete, not under development. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Guess you've never bought an MS product then.

I can't believe the number of angry whiner jerks popping up- and even suing? This game would be a gift with 5 flyables in it.

cwojackson
01-07-2005, 12:07 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by BlakJakOfSpades:
ok, so whats the other half of the issue? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>The other half of the issue? That should be fairly obvious. It's difficult to image a study of the Pacific air war without carrier torpedo aircraft.

cwojackson
01-07-2005, 12:08 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by tagTaken2:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>
No, the Betty is only half the issue, and yes, when I pay full price for a product I expect to receive ALL of the product...and I also expect the product to be complete, not under development. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Guess you've never bought an MS product then.

I can't believe the number of angry whiner jerks popping up- and even suing? This game would be a gift with 5 flyables in it. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>I'd sure like to be your car dealer. I've got this car over here with just three wheels (saves ware on the rubber) and only three cylinders in the engine working (far more economical that way). For full price it can be yours and I know you will be thrilled.

HelSqnProtos
01-07-2005, 03:33 PM
Exactly!