PDA

View Full Version : AC2 - Pickpockets / Strange running guys

forbjokx
12-13-2009, 01:47 PM
I have a few questions about these.

Occassionally, pickpockets pop up on the map (as a red lock icon), and when chased down they usually have about 500f. At first I thought they had supposedly stolen from me (and the text when they are caught seems to reinforce that), but I've chased down quite a few of them, and I've never noticed any money dissappearing from me, nor noticed any of them being anywhere close to me, and also they always seem to pop up quite a distance away from where I am. What exactly is it that triggers their appearance? Is it just completely random?

Then there is the other sort of guy that can be chased down or killed, and relieved of about 1500f. These don't show up on the map at all, they just suddenly appear seemingly out of nowhere, with a blue arrow above their head, and very eager to get away from Ezio, for no reason I've been able to figure out. What's the deal with these guys? What are they, why are they carrying 1500f, and why are they running from Ezio even before you do anything to them?

Abeonis
12-13-2009, 04:23 PM
The pickpockets can steal your money, but you have to stand still long enough for them to knock into you; only then will they remove x amount of money from your purse.

The second is a courier; their job is to deliver the florins throughout the cities,... your job is to capture them.

OzDavis
12-13-2009, 05:09 PM
Originally posted by Abeonis:
The pickpockets can steal your money, but you have to stand still long enough for them to knock into you; only then will they remove x amount of money from your purse. As best as I can work out "x amount" is equal to 5% of the florins you are carrying when they steal from you.

forbjokx
12-13-2009, 06:39 PM
How will the pickpockets ever get close to Ezio when they seem so keen on doing everything in their power to run away?

Will they only approach if you stand still doing nothing?

Dachande_
12-13-2009, 06:42 PM
I personally think that the pickpocketing/borgia courier scenarios where designed under the assumption that the player would be playing with the HUD turned off completely,or at least the mini-map. They make alot more sense that way.Especially when it comes to the pickpocket,ive had situations with the HUD switched off when i couldnt see them coming and they slammed me into a group of guards..which turned into a cross city blood bath of chasing the pickpocket,with guards chasing me,then some roof guards spotting the pickpocket and chasing him..alot of random fun and violence tbh, lol =) when you have the HUD switched on you can spot them a mile away,and if you turn in their general direction they will run even if they cant see you.

As for the random guys running off for no reason,i think they arent explained too well in the game,but they are Borgia couriers,carrying cash and info to your enemies..they know you,but you dont necessarily know them =)However since they are Borgia lackey's,its a good enough reason to hunt them down when they spot you and freak out^^