PDA

View Full Version : is there a mod to increase frame rate over big city?

Urmo22
12-04-2009, 05:32 AM
Cause i don't want reduce detail of distance because identification of targets will be hard. All frame rate is super good but except over big cities like Berlin when frame rate drops catastrophically even when i have nowadays fast cpu with good graphics card. I cannot reduce resolution too cause monitor native resolution...

So, i do ask, is there any mod that removes that issue reducing amount of building or something like that?

blairgowrie
12-04-2009, 08:10 AM
None that I am aware of.

jamesblonde1979
12-04-2009, 08:25 AM
Try using STC3 texture compression in the setup.

That might help.

Berlin sucks, I get CTD's a lot of the time flying over it.

Jumoschwanz
12-06-2009, 07:26 AM
Sure there is a mod to deal with this, but it is a hardware mod! If you are going to fly over Berlin with all the eye-candy on and have playable frame-rates you simply need a powerful computer.

I flew over Berlin just fine with older computers, all I had to do was switch off realistic water and stuff like that.

I can do it now on perfect settings with nice water, but I have a quad-core AMD running at 3.5ghz, 2gigs of ram and two 4870 graphics cards running together in crossfire on an ASUS board.

IT is funny how as old as this flight sim is, it can still offer things to bog down the latest rigs.