PDA

View Full Version : horse riding

NDDONS09
11-14-2007, 08:44 PM
i think its cool we get to ride a horse and it looks really good and fluid and also its cool 2 fite on it cuz u can just truck the people n hack away(but i like to fight on foot better)but does any1 else not like that when your "galloping" its suspicious to guards and theyll attack you...thats just the 1 thing i dont rewally like...not a big deal but lets just discuss

fruni
11-14-2007, 08:46 PM
Lol if yu GALLOPED a horse downtown cops would be mad imo...

Kaxen6
11-14-2007, 08:49 PM
I think the thought process is that something must be up if you're running pell-mell and don't look like a guard.

NDDONS09
11-14-2007, 08:51 PM
yea true but even if you just walking so not blending in they might attack...its happened alot to me...how suspicious is regular walking

hairygeek
11-14-2007, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by NDDONS09:
yea true but even if you just walking so not blending in they might attack...its happened alot to me...how suspicious is regular walking

VERY...!!

Stiler
11-14-2007, 08:55 PM
As someone who has ridden horses, yes it's quite annoying.

There should be NOTHING "suspcious" about someone simply normally walking a horse at a slow speed.

It seems unless you're walking at the lowest speed, if you get in front of a guards sight they auto-aggro onto you, and it doesn't make sense.

I mean honestly, if you saw someone riding a horse on a road at a canter/gallop it wouldn't be something "out of the ordinary."

I just forget about it and ride past them anyways, would be nice if they wouldn't attack you for simply moving though.

SpyderNynja
11-14-2007, 08:56 PM
yeah, that seems to happen alot in the kingdom, but it is so fun to abuse the blend ability http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif *SHANK!* *blend* "What, I didn't see anything" *SHANK!* *blend* http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

NDDONS09
11-14-2007, 09:17 PM
yea and the point of the horse is to get to the city faster than walking right? hows that possible if your blending the whole way there

Malocchio21
11-14-2007, 09:34 PM
I was a little confused by this as well..why are they attacking?

unnamedninja
11-14-2007, 10:05 PM
Well if you ran at full pelt past and a policeman saw you he would just ignore it. I think we're so used to having the freedom to run anytime we like in games, that we dont think about how it would look in real life.

Of course a cop wouldnt draw his gun and start shooting at you irl, at least i hope not http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif But it would be seriously boring if he got into a conversation with you each time, just for altair to say "nah i'm just having a nice jog mate, i haven't done any crimes" and then have the guard just let you go. Violence is much more fun, and easier to code.

blarson11
11-14-2007, 11:43 PM
ya know what else is wierd? if you stand still while not in blend mode its suspicious, but if you all of a sudden hit A, theres no change but ur cool wtf? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif

Edit: i should clarify that i do mean while on a horse, this happened to me on damascus on the 1st assassination mission.

Skilgannon1987
11-15-2007, 12:21 AM
this is set in a period of war, it is suspicious for someone to be galloping...though attacking is another matter

abeed0786
11-15-2007, 12:41 AM
Originally posted by Skilgannon1987:
this is set in a period of war, it is suspicious for someone to be galloping...though attacking is another matter

Uhh what?.... galloping yes riding alittle faster NO.

Think about it this way

going 20 miles an hour ok
going 35-40 ehh
going 70-90 Big no.

Faylinks
11-15-2007, 01:10 AM
Originally posted by abeed0786:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Skilgannon1987:

Think about it this way

going 35-40 ehh
going 70-90 Big no. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
thats the fastest assed horse i have ever heard of...

LordLonewolf777
11-15-2007, 02:24 AM
Originally posted by Faylinks:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by abeed0786:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Skilgannon1987:

Think about it this way

going 35-40 ehh
going 70-90 Big no. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
thats the fastest assed horse i have ever heard of... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

LoL... True, but I would think that in real life u'll be in "blend mode" trying not to get spotted or be seen, so they probably wanted u to hold the button in to blend when u dont want to be suspicious. But the speed is just too slow.

a.s.s.a.s.s2006
11-15-2007, 02:38 AM
Have you seen the speed of the horse?
it's totaly amaze tbf.

it reminds me alot of the elder scrolls.

MasterNeilson
11-15-2007, 02:41 AM
I hope you people in the U.S are having fun with AC, can't wait tomorrow is the day for me in the UK, WOOT WOOT!!!!

Hassan-Sabbah
11-15-2007, 02:51 AM
Originally posted by a.s.s.a.s.s2006:
Have you seen the speed of the horse?
it's totaly amaze tbf.

it reminds me alot of the elder scrolls.

It is! The blur around the edge of the screen is great. And as opposed to ES/Oblidiot, the horses move so well. When you pull to the right, the whole head moves to the right...

But, the guards going nuts on you for doing three miles an hour can be a bit annoying. I decided to just run through them all most of the time...the one time I stiop to fight, I jump off the horse and did not notice there was a whole troop coming up the road! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blush.gif

Pinjani10
11-15-2007, 05:42 AM
Thats why I havent done like anything in The Kingdom, I just gallop full speed past the gaurds to wherever im going :P also if you gallop full speed past guards I noticed if you are quick enough they don't aggro O_O

MiniAssasin
11-15-2007, 06:08 AM
isnt the kingdom filled with templars who attack you on sight not regular guards

maybe these are the ones ya keep walking past

DeAdLy2323
11-15-2007, 07:20 AM
no the templars are hidden

and its because when you blend in you are walking, when you dont hit blend and not high profile button, you are trotting

A.B.O.Y
11-15-2007, 09:47 AM
You can blend on a horse?.....