PDA

View Full Version : Ki-43 gunsights



imua-06
12-18-2005, 02:36 PM
I just bought PF and am new to all of this. When flying the Hayabusa, my gunsight is dark. I can see that there is a cross hair, but can't see through the tube. When trying to shoot at a target, the sight acts as a large deadspot since I can't see through it. Is this normal? I've checked the forums about it, but can't find an answer. I think I should be able to see through my sight at my target, and not have to guess where the target is, but maybe that's just me.

Please help. I know I'm just missing something very simple here. The Ki43 flies so well. It would be a shame to not be able to use it.

actionhank1786
12-18-2005, 02:43 PM
Control+D is what you need.
The guns had a cover over the end of the sight.
This will also bring up and down the sun screen i guess you could call it for German and Japanese planes

imua-06
12-18-2005, 02:52 PM
Yes! Thank you. It worked. As soon as I get somewhat better, I'll download the patches and play online. Thanks again.

Kuna15
12-18-2005, 05:11 PM
I can't find CTRL+D info about removing cap from gunsite/"toggling reticle dimmer" anywhere. I've searched README and Manual in root FB folder yet there is no info about it.

btw @ imua-06 press SHIFT+F1 to zoom thru Ki-43 telescopic gunsite.
SHIFT+F1 also centers the gunsite on some axis planes and on others it 'zooms in' the gunsite but not the world around.

Also SHIFT+F1 when used enables better rear view on most planes because pilot's head moves forward a bit.

On Corsairs (F4U) you can use "toggle seat position" key but only after you open cockpit. Pilots head moves up - useful for landings on carrier although once when you used to it, it is piece of cake without that function http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif.

imua-06
12-18-2005, 11:50 PM
Thanks. It's nice to be on a forum where the people are helpful instead of vicious, foul-mouthed 12 year olds!

Waldo.Pepper
12-19-2005, 01:39 AM
The only reason we do not appear as foul mouthed 12 years olds is that when you try to write **** You! You ****ing scumbag **** my balls! Well you see the result.

Welcome!

Merry Christmas!

bogusheadbox
12-19-2005, 06:17 AM
I don't think the reticule dimmer is mentioned anywhere in the manual.

Pf's best manual is the key bind page. Its self explanatory.

Aero_Shodanjo
12-19-2005, 07:57 AM
Originally posted by Waldo.Pepper:
The only reason we do not appear as foul mouthed 12 years olds is that when you try to write **** You! You ****ing scumbag **** my balls! Well you see the result.

Welcome!

Merry Christmas!

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

Don't mad @ him, he's 10 yrs old http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Welcome to the forum m8 http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

Philipscdrw
12-20-2005, 08:47 AM
The Il-2 series is excellent, after you learn about things like the gunsight dimmer (Ki-43) and manual undercarriage keys (I-16). The manuals leave much to be desired for new players unfortunately!

Platypus_1.JaVA
12-20-2005, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by imua-06:
Yes! Thank you. It worked. As soon as I get somewhat better, I'll download the patches and play online. Thanks again.

It is better to download the patches right away because they changed flight models for all the aircraft.

gthgrrl4game
12-20-2005, 10:36 AM
imua-06
The people here have been amost completely very nice and helpful.
I am amazed at the technical knowledge they show.
And the Ki-43 ROOOLZ http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/35.gif

Rattler68
12-20-2005, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by gthgrrl4game:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">imua-06
The people here have been amost completely very nice and helpful.
I am amazed at the technical knowledge they show.
And the Ki-43 ROOOLZ http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/35.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
The Ki-43 rules as an aerobat, but the pea-shooters it has tick me off! Get a cannon already!

gthgrrl4game
12-20-2005, 10:56 AM
The Ki-43 rules as an aerobat, but the pea-shooters it has tick me off! Get a cannon already!

I imagine the IJAAF pilots felt the same http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif
I just use the "Hartmann" method- wait till the enemy fill your windscreen then shoot...

actionhank1786
12-21-2005, 12:12 AM
Originally posted by gthgrrl4game:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">
The Ki-43 rules as an aerobat, but the pea-shooters it has tick me off! Get a cannon already!

I imagine the IJAAF pilots felt the same http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif
I just use the "Hartmann" method- wait till the enemy fill your windscreen then shoot... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well eventually the 2 .50cals were swapped out for a set of 20mm cannons if i recall correctly. And i think it also had a regular reflector gunsite instead of the hi-tech "toilet paper" tube with a crosshair on the end.

I dont know how the Japanese favored it since i'm sure a set of 20mm's and ammo weighed quite a bit extra.

JG53Frankyboy
12-21-2005, 02:39 AM
there were only two prototypes, Ki-43-III Otsu, armed with two 20mm canons ever.
and their performance was realy bad , came not to production.

Lordbutter4
12-21-2005, 10:30 AM
Peashooters? Those Peashooters combined with that scope form more deadly a combination to fighters then a 30mm. Most planes you fly against in 43's have qutie the glass engine. Spits, 40's, 39's, hurricanes all go down to one quick burst to the engine (even from a Ki-43a). The only difficult target would be a wildcat/hellcat and even then just aim for the cockpit and you can never go wrong! Its just not a plane for a novice marksman. But anyone who keeps with it and gains accuracy will find it one of the most fun guns to shoot!

I had a magazine which gave a quick article on one of the Senti's who flew 43's. I was a good read and said how they brought down 17's, 47's, 25's, you name it. They musta been hell of a shot.
Now done with that rant where is the 43II? I would love to fly my 43 later war but most servers wont put it on and we dont have the latter versions..(laugh about it facing a P38-Late but players will tell you I take them down in the Ki-43c fairly easy).

gthgrrl4game
12-21-2005, 04:20 PM
Lordbutter4,
Agreed, see my earlier post about the *Hartmann method* http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/35.gif

vocatx
12-21-2005, 05:29 PM
Trust me (personal experience here), 'Butter's a sniper with that gunsight. Keep your eyes peeled for him if you fly on Warbirds of Prey. He can be a sneaky son of a..... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

NAFP_supah
12-22-2005, 12:51 AM
Originally posted by Lordbutter4:
Peashooters? Those Peashooters combined with that scope form more deadly a combination to fighters then a 30mm. Most planes you fly against in 43's have qutie the glass engine. Spits, 40's, 39's, hurricanes all go down to one quick burst to the engine (even from a Ki-43a). The only difficult target would be a wildcat/hellcat and even then just aim for the cockpit and you can never go wrong! Its just not a plane for a novice marksman. But anyone who keeps with it and gains accuracy will find it one of the most fun guns to shoot!

I had a magazine which gave a quick article on one of the Senti's who flew 43's. I was a good read and said how they brought down 17's, 47's, 25's, you name it. They musta been hell of a shot.
Now done with that rant where is the 43II? I would love to fly my 43 later war but most servers wont put it on and we dont have the latter versions..(laugh about it facing a P38-Late but players will tell you I take them down in the Ki-43c fairly easy).

P-38 Late, the new P-47, the Mustang III, Me262's Spitfire Mk.9's and La-7. All are easy prey for the Ki-43C because people only know turn and burn and when they find out they cant out turn the hayabusha they just ban it from the server. For me personally it is the hottest ship in PF ATM, I can't wait to try the Ki-43-II.

HotelBushranger
12-22-2005, 02:26 AM
Originally posted by Waldo.Pepper:
The only reason we do not appear as foul mouthed 12 years olds is that when you try to write **** You! You ****ing scumbag **** my balls! Well you see the result.

Welcome!

Merry Christmas!

Waldo, its rude to talk about SiWarrior when hes around http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

gthgrrl4game
12-22-2005, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by NAFP_supah:
P-38 Late, the new P-47, the Mustang III, Me262's Spitfire Mk.9's and La-7. All are easy prey for the Ki-43C because people only know turn and burn and when they find out they cant out turn the hayabusha they just ban it from the server. For me personally it is the hottest ship in PF ATM, I can't wait to try the Ki-43-II.

I have not yet played online (tho I want to face something other than AI's), do they really ban Hayabusas from servers?
I would find that sad http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif
I like the Zero, but the Hayabusa is far and away my Fav http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif
And I am with you about the Ki-43II's...

Kuna15
12-22-2005, 12:35 PM
Hayabusa's only drawback from my PoV is gunsight. People are manouvering hard so one can not follow them easily with that gunsite especially if they are very very close. Works well however if Hayabusa manages to 'sneak up' on enemy aircraft.

With Ki-43 MK.2 that will be corrected http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif.