PDA

View Full Version : Blender doesn't always work

Fivepast
01-23-2011, 05:18 AM
I've just got the Blender perk and it seems to me that half the time it just doesn't work. I enter a crowd and nobody changes. I walk out and walk back in - still nobody changes. I walk over to another crowd and hey presto - it works!

It's understandable that it wouldn't work if there's already a persona of your type in the crowd, but...

obliviondoll
01-23-2011, 05:30 AM
Yeah, I have this occasionally too.

I think it goes with the glitch where sometimes a player won't see the group you're blended in, or won't see any lookalikes for you in the group when you do, or when you've morphed a group.

There's also the glitch where you get the animation for the character changing, but they stay looking the same, which is probably the same glitch as when you use morph and nobody changes. From what I've seen, when morph does this, it usually changes the people on other players' screens, but not your own - when blender does it, I usually die straight afterwards to a pursuer who was already in line of sight without me realising.

Also, in games where only a couple of players are laggy, I tend not to hear whispers for those players when they're hunting me.

Foxo_11
01-23-2011, 05:31 AM
Are you making sure that you're actually blended? As in the white 'web' appears under you (or whatever you want to refer to it as) when in a group?
Occasionally a group of NPCs will be walking in the same direction but aren't actually a group you can blend in.
It's the only thing I can think of for why it wouldn't be working. Hope you find a solution http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

obliviondoll
01-23-2011, 06:07 AM
Originally posted by foxo11:
Are you making sure that you're actually blended? As in the white 'web' appears under you (or whatever you want to refer to it as) when in a group?
Occasionally a group of NPCs will be walking in the same direction but aren't actually a group you can blend in.
It's the only thing I can think of for why it wouldn't be working. Hope you find a solution http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif
I know this isn't the problem for me.

I've joined stationary blend groups with several NPCs in them, none of which look like me, and had no effect. Sometimes, pulling a circle and rejoining the group will make one change, sometimes it won't. If it does, then my experience tells me it's time to run, because a pursuer WILL have just come around the corner in time to see my blender activate, and I'll therefore need to get away (hoping I guess the direction they're NOT coming from)

SpitfireSpud
01-23-2011, 06:16 AM
it works everytime for me, sometimes if I blend someone, they leave and then someone else comes in, you have to leave and enter again, but that is the norm

Crumplecorn
01-23-2011, 06:57 AM
It definitely fails to function sometimes. I've often seen blender change an NPC, then someone else's blender change that same NPC despite there being others available. So I think the game favours certain NPCs to morph, and if one of its preferred ones isn't present, it just won't do anything.

I also get the impression that sometimes it doesn't work from other people's perspectives. I often get lures due to random NPCs walking around, but if I see a pursuer moving towards me and my blender clone, most of the time I die. LOS checking accounts for some of that, but surely not all of it.

I'm considering dropping Blender and relying on finding naturally occurring copies of me. They seem more reliable.

Lyleator
01-23-2011, 07:08 AM
One reason it doesn't work is if you have a lookalike moving into that group too. Before, I've blended, no one changed, and then 10s later a clone comes sauntering in to chat. Perhaps they count NPCs as 'in the group' even when they're walking towards/into the group?

Tragic_Jonson
01-23-2011, 09:34 AM
It definitely doesn't work ALL the time, i've noticed that sometimes it won't work because one of the characters in the group is actually a human player.
If it doesn't blend first go, i'll leave and then re-enter, and then if it still doesn't work, i'll just bugger off to another group.
I remember watching one of the vids made by one of the forum regulars, and in the vid their blend perk didn't work and they commented on it..

tastemyfreedom
01-23-2011, 09:40 AM
The funniest is when people are standing in the NPC group not aware that they don't have a double of themselves. Easy kill. Ha.

Tragic_Jonson
01-23-2011, 09:45 AM
even funnier is when u stand on your own and watch your pursuers assume u're not stupid enough to stand on your own and they kill some other civilian in the area http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

SnazzyDash
01-23-2011, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by Blaqk_Friday:
even funnier is when u stand on your own and watch your pursuers assume u're not stupid enough to stand on your own and they kill some other civilian in the area http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif
I've seen this before http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif
But I'm usually rocking mute/smokebomb and when a player sees me in a group without any clones, I dare them to come at me http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/icon_twisted.gif

E-Zekiel
01-23-2011, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by Lyleator:
One reason it doesn't work is if you have a lookalike moving into that group too. Before, I've blended, no one changed, and then 10s later a clone comes sauntering in to chat. Perhaps they count NPCs as 'in the group' even when they're walking towards/into the group?

This happens sometimes, yes.

But it also just fails to work sometimes.

I know this because there is a "trigger" sound (same as Morph) indicated that it morphed an NPC into you. If you do not hear this sound, it means there is a lookalike in the group.

But sometimes I will join a group, hear this sound (stationary group, mind you), and nobody transforms.

Don't know what causes it, but it does happen. It's uncommon for me though, so not a big deal to me. I just find a different group when it happens.

obliviondoll
01-23-2011, 05:27 PM
Originally posted by Blaqk_Friday:
I remember watching one of the vids made by one of the forum regulars, and in the vid their blend perk didn't work and they commented on it..
I'm pretty sure Squiiddish has done this a few times.