PDA

View Full Version : clean install helped me

jessi1
06-20-2005, 09:40 AM
I like many others d/l the 4.01 over 4.0 and right away saw that there was a difference in the torque and fm compared to 4.0. I was called crazy,patch hysteria,mad,and everything else because i like many others felt a difference in the 2 patches, no big deal, i can deal with that, i know what i know and thats all that mattered. I was told to do a clean install of the game and patch accordingly 3.04 to 4.01 wich i did. I then went to go fly offline to test this and to my sadness there was no differnce at all, no torque,no good fm like 4.0 or anything. I then went to use my prop pitch and lost everything to do with my prop pitch, cant bind any keys to it, no nothing worked, went to users file doe and settings to check what it is binded to and could not find it anywere. Also i only have 2 radiator settings now closed(auto) and open. I have tried everything i can think of to fix these 2 things and even re-installed the game and patches again to no prevail. So i said what the hell i fly the dora online and i dont really need the pitch to much or the rad settings since i use it open or closed most of the time. So last night i went online to warclouds and to my suprise and joy theres torque and fm feeling just like 4.0, my pitch was there and my rad settings were all working great(i even had pitch settings like they were on a slider32,33,34,35,etc etc wich was weird) because i dont use a slider only buttons on my joystick. T o get to the point my advice to those who dont feel any difference try doing a re-install of your game and patch 3.04 to 4.01, this did work for me(only online did i feel a difference) and i hope it works for those who had the problem i had. This only works for me (online) and not offline. Im writing this not to start any bad threads, i just wanted to post my results with those who might not have done this. Again i stress it only was a difference when i went ONLINE and no difference offline. Hope this may help those that need it. I have no idea why it does this especially when i was told that it would go over 4.0 no problem, my advice is to try it. Any advice as to what i can do about my offline prop pitch and rad settings would be helpful. Salute

Huckebein_UK
06-20-2005, 09:49 AM
Did you double check that the installation hasn't reset your offline difficulty settings? If it's turned Complex Engine Management off then you'll only get the two rad settings and prop pitch won't work. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Freelancer-1
06-20-2005, 09:51 AM
Thats a heck of a block of text to wade through, jessi1.

I think you just got a bad install. I haven't seen either of those problems.

As much of a PITA as it it is, you may have to start over from scratch.

Freelancer

F19_Ob
06-20-2005, 09:56 AM
I also made an install 4.01 over 4.00 at first.
I later made a clean install 4.01 over 3.04 when I heard that it could be corrupt.
I did this twice because I didn't see any difference from before and still can't so I dont know if I just was lucky getting it right from start.....

Perhaps it's best to have an install over 3.04 to be sure anyway.
Better than being uncertain.
Regards

GH_Klingstroem
06-20-2005, 09:57 AM
when you fly offline next time. Go to difficulties and check that Complex engine management is enabled! If not you will get exactly what you described, ie: No manual prop pitch and ONLY 2 stages on the radiator. The reason you could use them online was that the server that you joined, controls the settings for all of the players online and they obvisosly had Complex engine management enabled on that server! Now go and check if that wasnt the reason!

jessi1
06-20-2005, 10:37 AM
Great thanks for the advice about the complex engine management i will check when i get home later, never crossed my mind, i thought it was a bad install or something, im real happy online feels like what i felt with the 4.0 and im satisfied. thanks guys

Tallyho1961
06-20-2005, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by F19_Ob:
I also made an install 4.01 over 4.00 at first.
I later made a clean install 4.01 over 3.04 when I heard that it could be corrupt.
I did this twice because I didn't see any difference from before and still can't so I dont know if I just was lucky getting it right from start.....

Perhaps it's best to have an install over 3.04 to be sure anyway.
Better than being uncertain.
Regards

Same thing here. When 4.00m became available I copied my main folder and installed 4.00m over 3.04m. When 4.01m became available I installed it over my original 3.04m and trashed the 4.00m-4.01m version.

For what it's worth I haven't noticed any difference between the two.

jessi1
06-20-2005, 11:23 AM
I dont know why some have a feeling of the patch being different and others dont, all i know is what i noticed between the two and how it feels at the moment, i hope this doesnt turn into a bad thread because thats not what i wrote it for, simply to help others if a re-install helps them like it helped me, its been a strange journey this patch thing and for me its over and im a satisfied customer, thanks for the help on the prop pitch and rad settings guys, thats probabaly what it is and will fix it later tonight, thats what i still love about this forum is the help some people give to others. Salute to you all