PDA

View Full Version : Never buy a second hand sub



radsov
10-06-2004, 05:57 AM
There's a emergency maritime operation going on off the British/Irish coast this morning.

I submarine sailing to Canada after being bought by the Canadians from the British has floundered shortly after leaving (around 120 miles off the Irish republic coast). Apparently it suffered a fire in a panel in a corridor and has lost all propulsion. The submariners appear in no immediate danger but the seas and weather are currently very bad and they are being tossed around on board.

The full news report from the BBC can be found here;
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/3719760.stm
It seems these subs aren't the most reliable !

radsov
10-06-2004, 05:57 AM
There's a emergency maritime operation going on off the British/Irish coast this morning.

I submarine sailing to Canada after being bought by the Canadians from the British has floundered shortly after leaving (around 120 miles off the Irish republic coast). Apparently it suffered a fire in a panel in a corridor and has lost all propulsion. The submariners appear in no immediate danger but the seas and weather are currently very bad and they are being tossed around on board.

The full news report from the BBC can be found here;
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/3719760.stm
It seems these subs aren't the most reliable !

Kapitan_Nereus
10-06-2004, 06:29 AM
bugger! they don't make em like they used to, it would seem http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif
as long as the sub stays 120 miles off the coast all should be good
hopefully everything works out and no harm comes to em
and hopefully they kept the receipt http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/59.gif

Jose.MaC
10-06-2004, 06:44 AM
Actually, those brits submarines look prety bad maintained and worst upgraded! Seems that Canadian Navy will need an extra 20% to have those ships in shape again!

sav112
10-06-2004, 06:45 AM
Aye it was a cracking sale; it only had 800,000 on the clock and was a good starter and one careful owner and even a non smoker. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

That aside being in Glasgow, and the fact that if it€s not one of our new subs hitting one of our biggest islands http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif it€s some foreigner breaking down. I can see a nice earner from Clyde marine.

As I said here in Scotland we have plenty for sale, if you buy your sub before Christmas you get two for the price of one and free magic tree air freshener as well.

bertgang
10-06-2004, 07:35 AM
Not immediate danger is different from not in danger.
The humoristic side can wait.

sav112
10-06-2004, 09:23 AM
It might be because it€s on my door step but its looks more an embarrassment than anything else. The news seems to be the rescue ship is on the scene and my country scrambled both its navy and air force to help.

They are is safe hand we have the best sub rescue team in the world able to go anywere in the world in 24 hours based Scotland. In fact we were totally pissed off we had to sit when the kursk went down.

bertgang
10-06-2004, 11:25 AM
I strongly hope that you are right.

The last reports on the BBC said that apparently the damage done is worse than originally thought.

sav112
10-06-2004, 12:13 PM
It's drifting in fierce weather but HMS Montrose is along side with two other vessels on route. 9 sailors have been evacuated due mainly from smoke inhalation and a medical crew is now on board.

HMS Gannet in Ayrshire is on alert as is Kinross who are probably the best air sea rescue teams to deal with the conditions off Scotland.

Not to mention the accident is west of Faslane which is one on Europe€s biggest sub bases, which has to be a plus for expertise in this field.

We wish them well of course, and sad to say one crew member lost his life http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

one.zero
10-07-2004, 01:14 AM
Hope the crew rides this out and fares well. This event does'nt really surprise me however. The Chinese and Koreans sometimes do a better job with submarine maint.

Ya know, it was not that long ago that the brits had some mutinies aboard thier subs....all of which were little publicised and all were refusal to deploy becuase of poor maint. A couple of good "Muitiny History Books" have chapters about the two events that I am aware existed.

Simjock
10-07-2004, 11:50 PM
Silly Bacon forgot to shut the screen doors, eh?

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-surprised.gif

Xanthippus
10-08-2004, 05:52 AM
.

julien673
10-09-2004, 06:50 PM
i am canadien http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/cry.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/cry.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/cry.gif

most stupidest country in the world, we have some submarine ( diesel http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif ), we don t have enought boat to patrol ur country....and who want to attack us.......... to conquert the plain ????? the mountain ??? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

P.S. We are the second biggest country in the world.... just after the russian

macker33
10-10-2004, 08:54 PM
They flew yer man who died back home to canada today.

Rhime
10-12-2004, 08:29 AM
Pay no mind to Julien...he is an idiot. Obviously we made a mistake in purchasing those subs, but my understanding is that they are being used for recon and scientific purposes.
As for calling your own country the "stupidest", it would seem to me that you haven't been watching the news lately Julien as to other happenings in other countries around the world. I guess maybe you'd like to live somewhere else? *You suck as a Canadian*

Andrew OConnor
10-12-2004, 08:50 AM
Maby that is why us brits sold those subs - Spontanius Submarine Combustion... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

It is a real shame that guy died though, when he was away from any front lines, probbably some dogy wiring.

Jose.MaC
10-12-2004, 10:06 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by one.zero:
Hope the crew rides this out and fares well. This event does'nt really surprise me however. The Chinese and Koreans sometimes do a better job with submarine maint.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Past year, the crew of a chinese sub died while on surface, maybe due to a failure in the breathing sistem of the diesel motor.

Still being dangerous.

julien673
10-12-2004, 06:44 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Rhime:
Pay no mind to Julien...he is an idiot. Obviously we made a mistake in purchasing those subs, but my understanding is that they are being used for recon and scientific purposes.
As for calling your own country the "stupidest", it would seem to me that you haven't been watching the news lately Julien as to other happenings in other countries around the world. I guess maybe you'd like to live somewhere else? *You suck as a Canadian* <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>


What append to the "countries around the world" ....come on... if u want to discust politic, i will not do here


P.S. My own country is Nouvelle-France http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/354.gif

hauitsme
10-12-2004, 08:44 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by julien673:
i am canadien http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/cry.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/cry.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/cry.gif
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by julien673:
P.S. My own country is Nouvelle-France
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Either:
A)you are a total moron
B)you are a liar

Which is it?

altstiff
10-13-2004, 01:04 AM
Sad that one guy had to die.

Our whole sub fleet (4 total) have been docked until they review the problems.

No matter what anyone says we got a good deal on those subs.
But I sure wish the Canadian Government would anti up some more coin for some better/new equipment.

u2336
10-13-2004, 01:24 AM
com'on Hauitsme .....you do not know your geography ?
If you said you are from Nouvelle-France you are canadian....But if you said you are canadian it doesnt mean you are obviously from Nouvelle-France http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

julien673
10-13-2004, 04:49 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by hauitsme:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by julien673:
i am canadien http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/cry.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/cry.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/cry.gif
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by julien673:
P.S. My own country is Nouvelle-France
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Either:
A)you are a total moron
B)you are a liar

Which is it? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/351.gif

bertgang
10-13-2004, 10:38 AM
Forgive my ignorance, but I never heard before of a country called Nouvelle-France.

Couldn't be a local surname for Quebec?

u2336
10-13-2004, 02:39 PM
Nouvelle-France was a large territory including the west of the Canada and the USA (Canada, Acadia, Hudson bay, Lousiana...) controled by the french before 1763.
Now you can understand by Nouvelle-France, the french Canada...

u2336
10-13-2004, 02:40 PM
hauitsme try to check your informations before insulting somebody...
A great moment of loneliness, isnt it ?

julien673
10-13-2004, 05:00 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Bertgang:
Forgive my ignorance, but I never heard before of a country called Nouvelle-France.

Couldn't be a local surname for Quebec? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Np http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif


and tks to help me on that u2336 http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

hauitsme
10-13-2004, 08:16 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by u2336:
Nouvelle-France <span class="ev_code_RED">was</span> a large territory including the west of the Canada and the USA (Canada, Acadia, Hudson bay, Lousiana...) controled by the french <span class="ev_code_RED">before 1763</span>... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Exactly!! I colored the key words to my statement why he was either a moron or a liar. Look in your geography book on your shelf and show me this country in 'existance' at this moment in time. NOT over 200 years ago, but right now!

My statement stands! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/mockface.gif

macker33
10-13-2004, 09:09 PM
<span class="ev_code_RED">hmm</span>
<span class="ev_code_YELLOW">hmm</span>
<span class="ev_code_GREEN">hmm</span>

julien673
10-14-2004, 04:57 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by hauitsme:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by u2336:
Nouvelle-France <span class="ev_code_RED">was</span> a large territory including the west of the Canada and the USA (Canada, Acadia, Hudson bay, Lousiana...) controled by the french <span class="ev_code_RED">before 1763</span>... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Exactly!! I colored the key words to my statement why he was either a moron or a liar. Look in your geography book on your shelf and show me this country in 'existance' at this moment in time. NOT over 200 years ago, but right now!

My statement stands! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/mockface.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>


http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif



http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/351.gifhttp://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/10.gif

bertgang
10-14-2004, 06:11 AM
I live in the Pope's Kingdom, near the Etrusc settlement of Veio.

Names have been changed, so I could be a liar http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif

hauitsme
10-14-2004, 09:53 AM
NO, JUST A MORON!!!

julien673
10-14-2004, 10:28 AM
http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif



agree, but who http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/10.gif

hauitsme
10-14-2004, 09:59 PM
Anybody that thinks they are a 'time traveller'. As of this moment, there seems to be two of you vying for the title of 'MORON'.

1. Bertgang - I live in the Pope's Kingdom, near the Etrusc settlement of Veio.

2. julien673 - My own country is Nouvelle-France

AKA44
10-14-2004, 10:19 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Bertgang:
I live in the Pope's Kingdom, near the Etrusc settlement of Veio. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Italia http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif
It's not moron, it's history.
I'm from Lotharingie

hauitsme
10-14-2004, 10:55 PM
And the race is on for 'MORON of the Year'.
We now have three contestants.

1. Bertgang - I live in the Pope's Kingdom, near the Etrusc settlement of Veio.

2. julien673 - My own country is Nouvelle-France

3. AKA44 - I'm from Lotharingie


Any other entries? Don't you want to be a MORON too? All time travellers welcome to join!

AKA44
10-15-2004, 12:51 AM
4. hauitsme - New World http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

julien673
10-15-2004, 04:43 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by hauitsme:
And the race is on for 'MORON of the Year'.
We now have three contestants.

1. Bertgang - I live in the Pope's Kingdom, near the Etrusc settlement of Veio.

2. julien673 - My own country is Nouvelle-France

3. AKA44 - I'm from Lotharingie


Any other entries? Don't you want to be a MORON too? All time travellers welcome to join! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>


And you, little child, where u from ? Its look we are all moron, except u, maybe, only one moron here http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

bertgang
10-15-2004, 08:36 AM
Thanks to hauitsme, now we have the first virtual flotilla of SHIII, emblem the laughing moron.

Oblt AKA44, Oblt Bertgang and Oblt Julien673 will welcome new members.

julien673
10-15-2004, 08:46 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Bertgang:
Thanks to hauitsme, now we have the first virtual flotilla of SHIII, emblem the laughing moron.

Oblt AKA44, Oblt Bertgang and Oblt Julien673 will welcome new members. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>


The moron hord vs The lonely Intelligent guy http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

u will see, we will rock http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

bertgang
10-15-2004, 10:58 AM
The question now is where to find someone from Planet Earth, Sol System, Milky Way Galaxy, as he said.

Philipscdrw
10-15-2004, 11:54 AM
I nominate Hauitsme, allegedly from the human race.


(Trolls aren't human.)

macker33
10-15-2004, 09:27 PM
You must be doing something right hauitsme,keep it up.... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

hauitsme
10-15-2004, 09:42 PM
NO PROBLEM!! All it takes are 'the few, the proud, the Time Travelling Morons'.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v325/hauitsme/crazy2.gif