PDA

View Full Version : Flyable PE-2?

Destroyer110
08-04-2005, 04:33 AM
So did the Easterners get the Flyable PE-2 while we're left imagining? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

GerritJ9
08-05-2005, 05:14 AM
The Easterners have not received the flyable Pe-2 yet since the Russia-only add-on hasn't been released yet to the best of my knowledge. As far as I know the latest 1C release for IL2/PF is the add-on "Kurs na Okinawu" or "Heading for Okinawa" which is a mission pack- no new planes.
I think the Russia-only add-on will be released somewhere in September, hopefully well before Sept. 11th so I can buy it before returning home.

Grey_Mouser67
08-06-2005, 09:06 AM
How would a person in the USA go about obtaining this Russian add on, short of going to Russia?

My company does do business in Russia so maybe I can arrange for a copy but is there a download off of a Russian website for example?

GreyBeast
08-08-2005, 02:58 PM
How does that work, BTW?

Wouldn't a "Russia-only" add-on mean that all Russian HL-pilots will have to "disappear" into their own little corner?

Or is the Russian community so big they already have "a corner of their own"?

Tooz_69GIAP
08-08-2005, 03:11 PM
The add-on hasn't been released yet, but there are three add-ons planned to be released to the Russian market between September and X-mas. One of these will be the Pe-2 add-on.

This will mean that the Russian/ex-USSR community will have a different game version to their western counterparts, which means we wont be able to play in the same servers.

However, we can obtain these add-ons from Russia, and install them over our english installations. Saqson has said that to do this, all you need is a russian dll file (not sure which one, I'm **** at tech stuff), and this will allow the western installations run the Russian add-ons. The only drawback is that the game interface will be in Russian.

But 1C:Maddox are working on a solution to get the add-ons to the western market I believe. What that will be, I have no idea, but hopefully they can sort it out.