PDA

View Full Version : il2 sturmovik 1946 problem

bigxfile
04-20-2007, 06:07 AM
I have take off problem,the back of the aircraft swinging left and right and crach all the time I have try lock tailweel and a lot of different rudder settings but it not work, i have logitec attack joystick and no pedals , anyone that have this joystick and everthing work???please send me you´r joystick settings in the conf.inijasioprivat@spray.se

Deadmeat313
04-20-2007, 07:10 AM
Do you have a twist-stick? The prop planes have a great deal of torque that throws the nose to one side as you throttle up to take off. The only way to counter this is by applying opposite rudder - though locking the tail wheel certainly helps at the low speeds.

You should be ok with a twist-stick. If you've got one and it's too sensitive, try configuring a narrow 'dead band' in the settings, so the rudder isnt constantly twitching to one side or other.

Hope that helps.

T.

Gooner01
04-20-2007, 10:37 AM
Bigx, I have a similar problem - and it is definitely the tailwheel. In a lot of DGEN (and 3rd party) campaigns which I fly off-line, tail-dragger a/c spawn on the runway with the tailwheel castored all the way around . I have learned to never try to take off without switching to external view and checking the tailwheel. I find I often have to switch to 1/4 time, throttle up to 10% or 20%, and watch until the tailwheel is fore-and-aft, and then lock it. This can be difficult sometimes, since often the tailwheel will NOT come to a fore-and aft position - but rather, castor from full right to full left without ever stopping in the middle. In addition, many times I have locked the tailwheel straight fore-and-aft, and then as soon as I accelerate for takeoff - it spins completely around and I end up waltzing around on the runway. This despite actually seeing the message "tailwheel locked". Sorry, I don't know what causes this, nor do I know of any sure solution - I just have to exercise extreme caution whenever I take off due to this annoying problem. It could be me, I suppose...but I haven't a clue what I could be doing wrong. Anyone else out there have this problem? Any ideas...any suggestions appreciated!
S! Gooner

Deadmeat313
04-20-2007, 11:44 AM
Is it with all planes, or just certain models?

Gooner01
04-20-2007, 12:25 PM
Hi Deadmeat- with me it occurs in the IL-2 (all variants) and also the BF-110. In those 2, anyway it happens just about every time.I notice that it occurs only occasionally with the FW-190. Those are the 3 that I'm flying campaigns in at the moment. I had thought that maybe with the -110 that I had forgotten to toggle "all engines", but I have been careful to pay attention to this, and I can say that that's not the cause. But even so, that would not explain the IL-2 or -190 doing it. I'll have to conduct some tests to see if it happens with other a/c as well.
Thanks,
Gooner

p-11.cAce
04-20-2007, 01:02 PM
Strange...I fly the -110 often and have never had any problems with the tailwheel...though I usually only use the lock on the -109 and the carrier aircraft.

FoolTrottel
04-20-2007, 02:05 PM
IL2 and 110 are one of my favorites, and I do remember having to line up the tailwheel first, before locking it.

Otherwise a straight take off was not really doable...

But not recently...

So, what patch level are you on? (check the version number in the lower left of the splash screen)

Oh, and Welcome Here! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

Gooner01
04-20-2007, 02:22 PM
Hi Fooltrottel - I'm on 4.08m...been here a while actually. Just want to emphasize that this does not seem to be a wind effect, or just an incompetent pilot. I'm no ace, but this tailwheel thing is just weird. I mean, I can watch the thing castoring madly left to right, back and forth, as I try to take off. Often after I've locked the tailwheel! (but not always - usually, I get the a/c pointed straight down the runway, lock the tailwheel, and take off normally.) And why would the tailwheel always be turned around just as far as it can be when I start the mission?? Also, I never used to even bother locking the tailwheel - it was only after umm...about 4.01 I think, that this problem cropped up. I've been flying since original IL-2 and no problems like this til 4.01. It's not a catastrophe, it has not stopped me flying a single time - but it is a strange little behavior that I would love to figure out. I've searched the Technical Support forum, and though there are loads of posts about pilots having weird problems keeping their a/c straight on the runway, it always seems to get written off with "lock the tailwheel" or "use more rudder". I don't know if this is the same problem the thread-starter, Bigxfile, is having, and I didn't mean to hijack his post - but I can't help but wonder if he isn't having a similar problem...
Cheers, Gooner

AlGroover
04-21-2007, 02:49 AM
As I understand it, the Logitech Attack 3 stick has no twist so no rudder control.