PDA

View Full Version : Templar score not working?

Nitrox92
01-22-2011, 02:54 PM
Hey there guys.

This may have been brought up before but I just cant find anithing about it so have to resort to posting about the subject :S

So here's the problem:
The day I downloaded the new DLC I had it working properly, and by that I mean that it updated my score whenever I beat my best 3 and it showed players' templar grades instead of levels when in matches, but after that it switched to showing players' levels and not updating my top 3, and then working properly in some matches now and then.

Can anyone tell me why this is happening a/o what can be done about it? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Oh and just in case, I DO have the 2nd DLC turned on so it's not that :S

najzere
01-22-2011, 03:06 PM
I think you have to play ranked matches.

Nitrox92
01-22-2011, 03:27 PM
Hmmm, may have to do with it as it does work on ranked, but weird thing is that it has worked on player matches before :S

HiTs4rMaBonG
01-22-2011, 03:33 PM
Perhaps its glitching on you. Ive went into manhunt games, and get thrown into Advanced Alliance.....maybe its doing the same thing to you, just player/ranked.

Crumplecorn
01-22-2011, 03:39 PM
I have this problem too, you don't have to play ranked, as you observed you merely have to play games where Templar Grades show up. Whether they show up seems to be random. I just keep searching for games until I find one with Templar Grades.

obliviondoll
01-22-2011, 03:51 PM
They fairly consistently show up in Ranked, but only occasionally do so in Player Matches, in my experience.

Crumplecorn
01-22-2011, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by obliviondoll:
They fairly consistently show up in Ranked, but only occasionally do so in Player Matches, in my experience. I found the same just now by repeatedly popping in and out of Player/Ranked lobbies. I have also found that I have apparently put 14h into ranked matches, which to my knowledge I have not, so I think the idea above of it incorrectly putting you into the wrong game type is correct.

I would guess that any time it shows Templar Grades you are in a ranked game, and vice versa.

Nitrox92
01-22-2011, 06:03 PM
Perhaps for templar grades to work you need to be in a game where everyone has the DLC, and according to which it would happen more consistently in ranked games since people playing ranked are usually more into the game, meaning they are more likely to have the DLC? :O

najzere
01-22-2011, 08:17 PM
Everyone had numbers from 0 to 10 next to their names before the 2.0 DLC came out, so it's likely calculated for everyone whether they have it or not.

Also, before the update when we were all wondering what those numbers next to our names meant, I think I recall people saying they sometimes showed up in player matches, which sounds like the same bug you're experiencing.

papartusedmcrsk
01-22-2011, 08:29 PM
I thought it had to be ranked, but I was sure I had gotten one of my top scores when I just hit Play Now.

Originally posted by Crumplecorn:
...you merely have to play games where Templar Grades show up. Whether they show up seems to be random.

^I think this may be it.

I was so psyched because I don't usually play Manhunt, and when I do I don't do so hot. But I was playing Ranked Chest Capture, and pulled 8050. I thought for sure that it would beat my previous high Team Score of 6950, but it did not.

None of the Templar Grade symbols had shown up. Just our levels. Still mad about it. Never get that score again. Lol.

Nitrox92
01-23-2011, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by Crumplecorn:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by obliviondoll:
I think the idea above of it incorrectly putting you into the wrong game type is correct.

I would guess that any time it shows Templar Grades you are in a ranked game, and vice versa.

You got it right. TGs do only show up in ranked matches and its been showing up randomly to me due to the matchmaking throwing me into ranked matches even when not signing for it. Thank you all for helping me figure this out http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif