PDA

View Full Version : QUESTION... about the Assassin-Templar War

Radman500
09-01-2010, 09:55 PM
it is known that the Assassins Order and the Knights Templar have fought a long secret war for thousands of years...

question= have the assassins order, and knights templar been along since the beginning of time, during the time of the "one who came before".... were they called the Assassins Order and Knights Templar...

it seemed like the Knights Templar has not been known since the crusades... my theory is that the Knights Templar have always been around with Cain the founder of it... but they were not known to the public until the crusades...

the assassins order, has always been around to fight the templars it seems

what is your theory on the history of these 2 orders..

magesupermaster
09-01-2010, 10:20 PM
You know that the AC series are based on fiction and historical accuracy, right?

I can't say certainly that they did not exist from the dawn of time because I was not there and you were not there too.

About Cain, AC says that he was supposedly the first templar, some say he was the first vampire and many more...

Radman500
09-01-2010, 10:34 PM
Originally posted by magesupermaster:
You know that the AC series are based on fiction and historical accuracy, right?

I can't say certainly that they did not exist from the dawn of time because I was not there and you were not there too.

About Cain, AC says that he was supposedly the first templar, some say he was the first vampire and many more...

of course i know its fiction.. i was simply asking about the templar and assassins history in the AC universe..........

JohnConnor2012
09-02-2010, 01:06 AM
Cain the first Templar? The first assassin, surely? The glyph quotes are (supposedly historically authentic) assassin lore, apparently, and certainly reflect the order's odd choice of heroes (MINOR SPOILER: e.g. Machiavelli).

thekyle0
09-02-2010, 06:00 AM
Originally posted by Radman500:
it is known that the Assassins Order and the Knights Templar have fought a long secret war for thousands of years...

question= have the assassins order, and knights templar been along since the beginning of time, during the time of the "one who came before".... were they called the Assassins Order and Knights Templar...

it seemed like the Knights Templar has not been known since the crusades... my theory is that the Knights Templar have always been around with Cain the founder of it... but they were not known to the public until the crusades...

the assassins order, has always been around to fight the templars it seems

what is your theory on the history of these 2 orders.. If you read Altair's Codex in AC2 then you learn that his opinion is not that the Assassin's and Templars have fought for all time but that they both are imitating the ideals and struggles of groups that precede them, and those in turn, and so on, and unto.

This theory is supposed to indicate how hard it is to destroy an idea. Even if you manage to wipe out everyone who has the idea, there is the inevitability that somebody will eventually re conceive it of their own initiative. It's less of a war between "Assassin's and Templars" and more of a war between two competing ideas.

souNdwAve89
09-02-2010, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by magesupermaster:

lol... I'm pretty sure he was talking about the AC universe and not in real life.

Well, during one of the glyph puzzles, it stated that Cain was the first Templar since he killed Abel (his brother) to get the Piece of Eden. To stop Cain from finding the other Pieces of Eden, perhaps Adam and Eve created a faction (assassins) to stop Cain for achieving his goal. This can help tie in Desmond's ancestors since there is a possibility that his lineage has a stronger tie in with Adam and Eve than other humans.