PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed Speculation [Spoilers]

stevewood1027
11-27-2010, 08:27 PM
Do not read if you're planning on playing through the games or haven't beaten brother hood. For this contains spoilers.

What do we know?

1. We know the Templars plan on controlling the earth by putting a Piece of Eden in a satellite and using the satellite to focus the Piece of Eden's power to basically mind control the entire planet.

2. Something is very wrong with Lucy, I am willing to bed we're going to find out she had been working for the Templars all along. Subject 17 said "She is not who she seems." Who is he talking about, Minerva or Juno? Or Lucy? I'm leaning towards Lucy.And with what happens to her at the end of Brotherhood she may be better off how she ends up.

3. Desmond Miles, Altair, and Ezio are from a direct product of the two races, "Those who came before" the creators, and human beings, the product. Barring a chosen one prophecy story...(which thankfully they didn't do in these games because that niche is so over done it makes my brain bleed just thinking about it) there is a reason why they can resist the power of the pieces of Eden. A very good reason.

4. According to Assassin's Creed II the Truth video shows Adam and Eve escaping from the Eden facility with a Piece of Eden, were they the first to start the Templar Order or did they take it so the "those who came before" race wouldn't be able to control their creations anymore, becoming the first assassins, the first to fight for free will? Subject 17 tells Desmond to Find Eve's DNA...assuming in AC III that would be in a temple somewhere. Perhaps it is the key to fending off the templars? Pieces of Eden? Stopping the sun from burning up the planet along with the temples? )

5. Cesare Borgia said 'no man can kill me' what does that mean? Does Subject know something about that? Eves DNA? Does that mean he can only be killed by women? Is the games version of Cesare Borgia different from the actual historical figure in that he has something to do with what is going on with the Pieces of Eden and the reason he doesn't die when Rodrigo Borgia poisons him? Will he be a returning villian? We don't see him actually die we see Ezio drop him from a building yes but the game doesn't show him die. ( obviously this is again fiction as we know that in actual history Cesare Borgia died at the Battle of Vienna in Spain in 1507 ).

Here is what I think.

Desmond is in more then one Animus. They talk about a memory within a memory. I think that both the supposed present time as well as the Animus travels through the Crusades in AC I and Rennaissance in AC II and Brotherhood are all memories. I think he's strapped to another machine, in fact, he may even -be- subject 16.....subject 16 said 'your son' what if Subject 16 is the son of Desmond Miles who is trying to get messages to him to watch out because he himself is helpless in an animus going through Desmonds memories? Or its just that Desmond is in an Animus and Subject 16 is in fact a patient who passed away who left those memories behind to try and wake Desmond up to save the world and if Lucy is in fact still working for the templars she is trying to keep him trapped in an Animus Loop to help her and the other Templars find the Pieces of eden and these temples left by T.W.C.B. or Atlanteans or whatever they will end up calling them, so the Templars can find and use whatever technology for their own benefit. Though with what happened to Lucy at the end of Brotherhood stands, she may just be dead if its the real world but if its inside an animus, what then? Or Lucy, Shaun, and Rebecca are just part of that history in Desmonds mind.

Ubisoft has done a really good job with keeping us guessing. What was the conversation about in the Brotherhood credits, two guys voices talking about Desmond going into some kind of mental breakdown while in an animus...was it Desmond who said No. or was it subject 16? Does it mean my theory is correct or just a preview of things to come? some people say its convoluted and to much story but I like the fact that its laden with plot and that we have big reveals to look forward to.

What do you think Assassin's Creed fans? those who have beaten all three games and will read this and respond anyway. And for those of you who haven't beaten them and read this remember that I did say there will be spoilers.

Grand_Masta_J
11-27-2010, 10:43 PM
I've played all 3, big fan of the series, and I like the plethora of things happening in the plot too. I have about 20943821038210 theories as to what could happen, but I'm not even gonna begin, they're all as crazy as the last, and that's what Ubisoft's done very, very well. Keeping us in the dark wanting more.

But with Cesare, I'm pretty sure he's gone. Finding Eve's DNA won't have anything to do with Cesare, I don't think. More like Lucy is the descendant of Eve or something..?...

Dunno. I'd like to know what the go is with the red footsteps, leading from the grate in Monteriggioni, up to the Villa Auditore. I'm surprised there hasn't been much said about them here in these forums. Nothing happens with them in the story, so I'm wondering if that's a clue of some sort..?

spookier
11-28-2010, 01:37 AM
Here's my 2 cents.

I somehow doubt that Lucy is a traitor. Are there things she's keeping from us? Probably, but I don't think she's actually working for the Templars. Similarly, I don't buy into the whole Desmond's son theory. The ending of AC:B is just 72 days till the satellite launch. There is no way I can see that his son which, by the way, he has never said one word about (read: non existent) could be directly involved in AC3.

There is one thing that I haven't been able to shake from my mind though. Cesare's death. We know that AC:B opens with that memory being rejected, supposedly as the result of some psychological trauma, hence working up to it. However, does anyone else think its a bit weird that as we kill Cesare, we still get that glitchy, orange "broken" memory effect with his last words being echoed? And then it just skips to the temple of Juno.
Call me paranoid, but I still think we're missing something.

stevewood1027
11-28-2010, 02:21 AM
If you turn the subtitles on when you get to the Truth after finding and solving all the glyph puzzles Subject Seventeen says "The Sun...your son...is dying." That's where I get the idea that Desmond may be someone else's ancestor, or that Desmond is following a memory within a memory in another Animus. Who were those guys talking during the credits? That's what I want to know. And why does Desmond say 'No!' after they finish talking.

Subject 17 also says "She is not what she seems" and Lucy seems to be pushy during Brotherhood and does some things that seem very suspicious to me. Which is why I think she's a traitor or something else is going on with her. Of course if she is dead it's not going to matter.

I just think that we are looking at events that already happened. And I am also suspicious about Cesare's death, and think we'll see him return in one form or another.

spookier
11-28-2010, 05:00 AM
Well ubisoft have (i think) confirmed story related DLC, so my money is on it being set immediately after Cesare's death.
And yeah, I know that there are some hints as to the memory within a memory thing, but come on. It would be a fantastic idea, but there's no way to make it work that I can see. If we ARE playing as Desmond's son, then the disaster has already happened, and that takes away pretty much our entire goal. What's the point in skipping from 72 days before to years and years after?

stevewood1027
11-28-2010, 10:11 AM
See that's just it. It think it already has happened. I think the story tellers are being very bold in the fact that there's some other goal we're going to find we have and that what we're seeing is all memories. I could be wrong, maybe. But all the evidence seems to lean towards that. I for one hope they go for it. Everyone wants their perfect world where they save the day and all that jazz, but come on, we've seen that over and over again. Give us a weird twist Ubisoft. Don't make it so cut and dry.

Desm0ndmiles
11-28-2010, 12:02 PM
Subject 17 is Desmond.Just saying.

stevewood1027
11-28-2010, 10:29 PM
I obviously meant Subject 16.

jjooee345
01-15-2011, 07:47 AM
by 'memory in a memory' it might not mean that desmond is in another animus. it could just be him remembering earlier when he was in the animus or it could be someone else remembering desmonds life...?

brotherhood976
01-16-2011, 01:40 AM
i dont think you in an aniums reliving desmonds memories proof theres no glitchs when u r desmond and theres no memories no HUD so yeah but i love ac cnt wait 4 numba 3.

Mr_Shade
01-16-2011, 11:31 AM
Please post in the ongoing thread.

Assassin's Creed 3 (and beyond) #2.0 (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5251069024/m/6831010868)

Thanks http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif