PDA

View Full Version : Oleg plz trainer first,then fancy planes.(like do335)

phoenix10
12-24-2004, 10:13 PM
I got tired of those UFOs ,every new planes add no more about the original FM stucture,just tweaking the data,and IMO most of us here don't want a WWII planes museum,looking at their fancy skins and shape(of course part of them are),piloting them with incredible manuvabilities,say"Yeah,i am Piloting my fav planes",In fact they were doing nothing about flying ,even in the sim world.Now I am missing Il2 v1.1 which the BF109 flies really like an axis war machine.

all the way ,stop making those UFOs and give us some Two seat Trainers,like russian U2 ,BF109 G5,and US AT6,so we can develop more fun and more nood will get known some basic skill more quickly,and more nood will soon enjoy the sky with others and the il2 world will benifit from this.

phoenix10
12-24-2004, 10:13 PM
I got tired of those UFOs ,every new planes add no more about the original FM stucture,just tweaking the data,and IMO most of us here don't want a WWII planes museum,looking at their fancy skins and shape(of course part of them are),piloting them with incredible manuvabilities,say"Yeah,i am Piloting my fav planes",In fact they were doing nothing about flying ,even in the sim world.Now I am missing Il2 v1.1 which the BF109 flies really like an axis war machine.

all the way ,stop making those UFOs and give us some Two seat Trainers,like russian U2 ,BF109 G5,and US AT6,so we can develop more fun and more nood will get known some basic skill more quickly,and more nood will soon enjoy the sky with others and the il2 world will benifit from this.

p1ngu666
12-24-2004, 10:26 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/10.gifyak 7 http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/10.gif

also, i finished my pop corn too soon http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

sapre
12-25-2004, 12:41 AM
Sadly Do335 is not a fancy plane.
It serviced in quite a few missions.
And it's not 1C that is making the 3D model.
It's a 3rd party modellers who is making it.
So if you want a two-seat trainer, make it your self and send it to 1C.

phoenix10
12-25-2004, 09:29 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>So if you want a two-seat trainer, make it your self and send it to 1C. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
yes plz tell me how to contact their mod team. and how to start.
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>
[quote]Sadly Do335 is not a fancy plane.
It serviced in quite a few missions. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
hmmm...I call it fancy cos we seldom use it in most online missions.,compared to do335,the me262 is even a quite regular plane in 44 and 45, but what now?when i use it online, my teamate said to me "no jet please"

VW-IceFire
12-25-2004, 09:59 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by phoenix10:

all the way ,stop making those UFOs and give us some Two seat Trainers,like russian U2 ,BF109 G5,and US AT6,so we can develop more fun and more nood will get known some basic skill more quickly,and more nood will soon enjoy the sky with others and the il2 world will benifit from this. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Trainers were used because the real frontline aircraft were too dangerous. But most trainee's graduated to reserve fighters later on.

For instance, Spitfire Mark Is and IIs, once removed from operations (being replaced by Vs and IXs) were used to train pilots for the newer types.

So take a Spitfire Mark V, or a Yak-7, or a 109F-2 and get the hang of flying things. These are all simple, basic planes to get the hang of things before you graduate to more high performance aircraft.

Having a trainer is a waste of time for a game/sim since you can train on the real thing with no fear.

Do-335 was no UFO. It was undergoing squadron evaluation when the war ended. They were also flown in combat with allied fighters. The most famous being the interception of Pierre Closterman's Tempest V. There was a fight although nither plane landed hits. Oleg also suggests that the Do-335, despite its speed, was very heavy and not an aerobatic plane. Its not going to be something that will get into a fight with a La-7 and win doing turns or anything of the sort.

But there are some other good things coming down the pipe. Maybe a Hs-129, Pe-2, IL-10, and others. Or were those forgotten?

csThor
12-25-2004, 10:38 AM
The idea of two-seaters is as old as Il-2. The problem is that there is no real environment for them as the engine does not allow two pilots in the same plane (e.g. trainee and trainer). Online it cannot be used this way and the AI cannot do it, either. Of course having planes as Tigermoth, Jungmann, Jungmeister or similar types would be nice, but I doubt that even the most skillful composition of offline missions cannot overcome that obstacle.

Popey109
12-25-2004, 12:15 PM
I think even if we had a generic trainer where a copilot could ride a long with a view of your controls i.e.; prop pitch, fuel mixture, trim settings, with voice com programs he could talk you though some maneuvers and the use of same above. He wouldn’t have to be able to take control, just seeing what your doing would be a big help. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

phoenix10
12-25-2004, 08:46 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Trainers were used because the real frontline aircraft were too dangerous. But most trainee's graduated to reserve fighters later on.

For instance, Spitfire Mark Is and IIs, once removed from operations (being replaced by Vs and IXs) were used to train pilots for the newer types.

So take a Spitfire Mark V, or a Yak-7, or a 109F-2 and get the hang of flying things. These are all simple, basic planes to get the hang of things before you graduate to more high performance aircraft.

Having a trainer is a waste of time for a game/sim since you can train on the real thing with no fear. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Partly agree with you,the spit I & spit IIs as you said were the trainer of some pilot which graduated from basic flight school,
but for more il2 new comers,know nothing and want to be good,there was a long way to go ,besides the theory learning,they have to form their good flight habit,this is important,do a basic manuver is not that easy,In our squad,you just do it again and again,till the instructors tell you you were proceed,why,this will take great influence to your future ace way,thats why some good flier in my eyes often goback to train their basic skill themselves.
Now if we have a trainer we can not only show them how to fly outside online,how to fly incockpit offline in tracks but also every controling detailï¼Å’right way and wrong way incockpit. there will be a real-time communication that makes a lot of fun,a fast and efficient way,and after this you will find your squadon forms more quick than before,the player of this game grows more quick than before.

the problem is not they don't want to do this plane,but they were able to do this kinda plane.

jeroen-79
12-25-2004, 09:53 PM
Instead of a dedicated trainer aircraft, how about a multiplayer trainer mode where two players can board one plane from any type?

It would be like this:
Instead of boarding different planes, two players (instructor and trainee) board the same plane and each will see the same cockpit view.
With a button the players can transfer control of the plane to the other or to themselves.
The controls will be with only one player at a time, the other one will be an observer.

Now an instructor could show the trainee a manouvre and them give control to the trainee so he can do it while the instructor watches him.

To make observing easier the position of the controls of both players could be displayed as scales on the screen.

csThor
12-26-2004, 12:05 AM
Am I writing in chinese?? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif

The engine cannot do this, Oleg made that clear quite a while ago. It is only possible in a way to have the "trainer" fly as an observer as plane controls have to be assigned to the pilot's spot.

phoenix10
12-26-2004, 09:52 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Am I writing in chinese <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Easy ,i can read your Chinese.
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>The engine cannot do this, Oleg made that clear quite a while ago. It is only possible in a way to have the "trainer" fly as an observer as plane controls have to be assigned to the pilot's spot. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
jeroen-79's idea have some shining part,if we can't change the control role of a plane,could we have a set of same backup instruments on the backseat to logo out the flight attitude.I would like to exchange this plane from the BF109Z in my game. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-tongue.gif

noshens
12-26-2004, 10:24 AM
two players cannot sit in one plane...or can they?

BlitzPig_DDT
12-26-2004, 10:26 AM
Another cool plane hater. Look, back the feck off and let those of us with some imagination have some fun.

I love how people crying about cool planes is never labeled "whining" when it not only IS, everything else is (labeled) instead.

Dual pit 2 seaters (trainers) WILL NOT HAPPEN. Period! Get used to it. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

BlitzPig_DDT
12-26-2004, 10:30 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by VW-IceFire:
Oleg also suggests that the Do-335, despite its speed, was very heavy and not an aerobatic plane. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have not seen this. But, of course! It's German, how could it possible turn to get out of it's own way? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

That wing is HUGE. And practically every report has praise for it's handling and turn ability. Go figure. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

Von_Zero
12-26-2004, 10:35 AM
The ideea you support is good. The way you support it is wrong.
It's not like any of the "luft46" planes stopped any trainer to be in game (the fact that planes like 109Z, P-80 or others should or should not be in game, it is a completely different story), most of the planes we got since AEP were made by 3rd party that modeled them on their own time, without asking to be paid. Adding a new plane cannot be done just like that. The plane has to be modeled by someone, then passed on to Oleg for aproval, and, if it passes that it must be intregrated in game (By 1:C team).
So unless you find a modeler willing to model the plane you want, the only option is to model it yourself. If you are serious about getting started, maybe this link will help: Netwings Il2 Design&Developement Forum (http://www.netwings.org/cgi-bin/dcforum/dcboard.cgi?az=list&forum=DCForumID43&conf=DCConfID1)
Even so, since "sharing" the controls cannot be done, the only thing you will do it will be to add a new plane to the game (not that would be a bad thing), but you could just fly one of the early planes in game. Most of the Squadrons have training programs, to teach the new members the "art" of flying a plane, and as a practice for older members. This i think would compensate the need for sharing a cockpit (or having a duplicate one) since the "teacher" can simply watch the "students" plane from outside, or if it wants ro see the speed of the student, it can watch the track his student recorded.
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> I would like to exchange this plane from the BF109Z in my game. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Joke or not, that is simply an aberation, last time i checked one coulnd't turn back time, but if you can do it, then why don't you do it, and convince the guy who modeled that plane to drop it and start a Bf108 or a Tiger Moth? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

Willey
12-26-2004, 10:44 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by BlitzPig_DDT:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by VW-IceFire:
Oleg also suggests that the Do-335, despite its speed, was very heavy and not an aerobatic plane. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have not seen this. But, of course! It's German, how could it possible turn to get out of it's own way? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

That wing is HUGE. And practically every report has praise for it's handling and turn ability. Go figure. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It should be similar to the FW-190D in turn and a bit worse in roll. But it's high speed makes it turn quite good compared to ther planes. But I'd not try it with &lt;300 IAS. It should keep up the speed better than any single prop, that's what makes it the better plane.