PDA

View Full Version : Replays .TRK files still broken in 1.11?

XyZspineZyX
09-10-2003, 12:52 PM
I've patched to 1.11 from 1.1b after a fresh installation.
I recorded a trk file from a career mission and when I played the track the mission ran VERY different from the original.
The problem seems to occur only when I turn off the fixed view switch in the replay option screen.
It's not a big problem I know but the 1.11 readme says that this bug has been corrected in 1.11.... /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-surprised.gif

XyZspineZyX
09-10-2003, 12:52 PM
I've patched to 1.11 from 1.1b after a fresh installation.
I recorded a trk file from a career mission and when I played the track the mission ran VERY different from the original.
The problem seems to occur only when I turn off the fixed view switch in the replay option screen.
It's not a big problem I know but the 1.11 readme says that this bug has been corrected in 1.11.... /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-surprised.gif

XyZspineZyX
09-10-2003, 01:12 PM
I installed the patch last night. (1.1b To 1.11)
I played a career mission then saved the track file.
Which also seems to save much, much quicker.
The track played without any errors and I was swapping views all over the place.

I also had experienced the problem of 1.1b playing back the mission differently from what I had played.

It seems fixed to me.

Some soar like an eagle
Some circle as vultures.
I fly like a tit!

XyZspineZyX
09-10-2003, 04:18 PM
I patched to 1.11 with the full patch from 1.0. Flew a campaign mission last night and then saved at end and replayed the track - used time compression and switched views a lot during the replay and had no problems - not a big sample size, granted, but so far so good.

Wir sind die schwarzen Husaren der Luft,
Die Stukas, die Stukas, die Stukas.

... "Stuka-Lied"

XyZspineZyX
09-10-2003, 04:52 PM
Make sure the track you are playing back, is recorded in the same version of FB. If you recorded a track in FB 1.0, it won't work in FB 1.11. This is because they changed the flight models of the aircraft.

But maybe, that is not your problem.

1 Judge not, that ye be not judged.
2 For with what judgment ye judge, ye
shall be judged: and with what
measure ye mete, it shall be
measured to you again.

http://acompletewasteofspace.com/forum/templates/subSilver/images/logo_phpBB.gif (http://acompletewasteofspace.com/forum/index.php)

XyZspineZyX
09-10-2003, 06:49 PM
I`ve discovered there is a bit of a problem. It seems if you record AFTER a mission it still a bit error-prone. Even when I use the infligh key then hit playback it will sometimes say `Hiermesh corrupted` and end.
Also, if you try to record your recorded mission (so as to show more interesting stuff and make more exciting) it seems only able to successfully do this for approximately 10 minutes before sticking on just one view.

Just my observations...

Generally, if not pushed, it`s ok.

"Tis better to work towards an Impossible Good, rather than a Possible Evil."

SeaFireLIV.
(Spitfire & Escape Whiner Member).

XyZspineZyX
09-10-2003, 08:06 PM
Hi SeaFire

In Fb 1.0 i usually managed to avoid that Hiermesh trouble by wayting a couple of minutes after the recording has stopped before actually quiting the mission.

I'm desperately searching the way to transform all my TRK into NTRK files before applying the 1.11 patch (if sound bugs aren`t solved i doubt that this will happen for a while /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif )

Good flight to you !

XyZspineZyX
09-11-2003, 01:12 PM
Platypus_1.JaVA, the track was recorded and played with 1.11 .
What I can say is that another track recorded with 1.11 worked well with no issues at all. It can be a random problem or otherwise related to the complexity of the recorded mission..... really dunno.

XyZspineZyX
09-11-2003, 01:22 PM
jagaetev, thnx for that hint. I`ll try it.

Also your saves should transfer over. mine did./i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

"Tis better to work towards an Impossible Good, rather than a Possible Evil."

SeaFireLIV.
(Spitfire & Escape Whiner Member).

XyZspineZyX
09-11-2003, 02:45 PM
Hi SeaFire

Yes the quick NTRK keys works fine, right now i'm just recording my old TRK files into NTRK before applying the patch (altough i already tried it and experienced some sound bygs).

The only little problem is that file size increases a lot with this procedure, for example a 442 Kb TRK turned into a 6589 Kb NTRK...but that's a small price to pay to preserve our beloved memories /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif .

Just remember to wait 2 minutes after stopping the quick record function before quiting the mission or the track /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

Good flight to you !