PDA

View Full Version : About Assassinations

amster1985
11-10-2007, 05:26 PM
It seems that every main key assassination I've seen, a person is always killed by the switch blade (the blade that comes out of Altair's hand).

Is this just a coincidence or do you think we're going to have to kill any key person with our switch blades?

MiniAssasin
11-10-2007, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by amster1985:
It seems that every main key assassination I've seen, a person is always killed by the switch blade (the blade that comes out of Altair's hand).

Is this just a coincidence or do you think we're going to have to kill any key person with our switch blades?

that only happens if you manage to sneakily kill them.

you can fail at that and have to fight them to kill them

amster1985
11-10-2007, 05:29 PM
No, I mean even in those thirteen game videos they always killed the main people with a switch blade not even a sword as it didn't seem to kill them.

Also, every video so far (Montferrat) etc.. has used switch blade.

Was this all just a coincidence or could you kill someone like that with your sword?

I'm thinking maybe not due to the sci-fi elements which can practically make anything possible.

MiniAssasin
11-10-2007, 05:36 PM
im sure we were told that you could kill them with your sword. so unless they are somehow immortal if you keep stabbing them with your sword..

SJCHS_Ghost
11-10-2007, 06:14 PM
I believe that in the videos posted on Gamespot it shows that when you fight guys you have to assassinate you can only knock them down with the sword then you have to jump on them with the switchblade

Scruff1987
11-10-2007, 06:22 PM
I cant remember which video I was watching but if you look closely Altair knocks down the slave trader with his sword. Unlike the other times he or any other person was knocked down this time there was no movement, he was lying motionless for about a second or two. After seeing this I think that you can "kill" your target but you have to finish him off with the switchblade, probably so that one, you can have that "intimate" moment with the target, and two, it would be believable that Altair could then soak the feather in his victims blood.

devingantt
11-10-2007, 06:25 PM
You have to kill them with the assassins dagger. you can only use the other weapons to knock them down then kill the with the dagger

Phillip011
11-10-2007, 08:00 PM
i'm not completly shure but i have seen a sword fight between them i didnt see if he killed him with it though

i do no u cant use ur throwing knives

Stealthguy1986
11-10-2007, 09:34 PM
Is it possible to assassinate without alerting the guards so that you can slip on unnoticed or do you have to face the guards after each assassination ?

amster1985
11-10-2007, 09:52 PM
Is it possible to assassinate without alerting the guards so that you can slip on unnoticed or do you have to face the guards after each assassination ?

I guess its possible except in some missions ex: Montferrat, it seems like a force to assassinate him in front of people.

As for the main topic, why do you have to kill with switchblade? It is it because of those moments where you speak with them or do they want to make it more challenging like anyone could just throw a knife at them.

Scruff1987
11-11-2007, 12:12 AM
It looks as if no matter what those bells start to ring and you have to fight, or run away from the guards.