PDA

View Full Version : RN subs in convoy

relcox
12-18-2007, 11:23 PM
Is this accurate and can I edit them out?

Liddabit
12-18-2007, 11:53 PM
I can't really answer either of your questions, but when you see them take them very seriously! I've tried to sneak up to convoys at periscope depth and silent running at around 2-3 knots and the subs hear me everytime! So be very very careful!

relcox
12-19-2007, 01:11 AM
Originally posted by Liddabit:
I can't really answer either of your questions, but when you see them take them very seriously! I've tried to sneak up to convoys at periscope depth and silent running at around 2-3 knots and the subs hear me everytime! So be very very careful!

That's why I would like to get rid of them, in GWX 1.03 in tried sinking them, but no matter what depth I tried setting the torpedo it would always go over or under, or hit the curving edge and bounce off!!! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-mad.gif

joeap
12-19-2007, 05:26 PM
Apparently RN subs did accompany some convoys, don't have a source at hand but that's what one of the GWX devs told me.

Old_grey_Wolf
12-19-2007, 11:13 PM
"but no matter what depth I tried setting the torpedo it would always go over or under, or hit the curving edge and bounce off!"

That would seem to be a good time for magnetic pistol detonation on your torpedoes.

relcox
12-20-2007, 12:12 AM
That would seem to be a good time for magnetic pistol detonation on your torpedoes.

Bad weather, sorry I tried everything, really I did, it's also a waste of a torpedo that would be better sent to a merchant no?