PDA

View Full Version : Voice in the new trailer, second half

dewgel
10-05-2011, 10:54 AM
Chaps,

I've mentioned this in a few different threads, but nobody seems to agree with me.. is it an older Altair speaking in the second half of the Story trailer? If it is Ezio, he sounds so much different to when he speaks to Sofia in the middle of it.

I swear that's supposed to be Altair..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1cn3aiHHBE

Obviously, it's this trailer. He starts speaking at 1:19.

I know he mentions his mentores secrets are laid bair, is that not Altair referring to Al Mualim? It makes sense for both Ezio and Altair to say that, but that really does not sound like Roger Craig Smith, especailly in the first half of the trailer

LightRey
10-05-2011, 10:57 AM
That's definitely Ezio. Sorry to disappoint you.

dewgel
10-05-2011, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by LightRey:

It's not disappointing me, just wonder how his voice changes so much half way through the same trailer, at the point where we see Altair in his grand master robes, going on about his "mentore"

How do you know it's Ezio?

LightRey
10-05-2011, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by dewgel:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:

It's not disappointing me, just wonder how his voice changes so much half way through the same trailer, at the point where we see Altair in his grand master robes, going on about his "mentore"

How do you know it's Ezio? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
It's clearly the same voice. It might sound somewhat different, I dunno, but it's definitely the same guy.

Mr_Shade
10-05-2011, 11:03 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:

How do you know it's Ezio? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Sounds like Ezio to me too..

Altair has a fairly strong accent now..

I suspect it's due to editing.. with different takes being used.. nothing more or hidden http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

dewgel
10-05-2011, 11:05 AM
If Shades says so, then I'll shut my mouth http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

I guess you're right, he seems to have a weaker accent really, and makes him sound younger.

Interesting indeed! Might aswell close this if you say it's case closed, Shade.

Mr_Shade
10-05-2011, 11:13 AM
If Shades says so, then I'll shut my mouth http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

I guess you're right, he seems to have a weaker accent really, and makes him sound younger.

Interesting indeed! Might aswell close this if you say it's case closed, Shade. LOL

I may be wrong - it's not an 'official' answer - just my thought on it http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Maybe someone will disagree http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

eagleforlife1
10-05-2011, 12:31 PM
I can't even notice a difference.

Artemis88
10-05-2011, 02:50 PM
It sounds very much like Ezio through the entire trailer to me.

Calvarok
10-05-2011, 05:38 PM
It's a small change. Ir's the kind of change you would hear if a real person were talking to you. It's obviously Roger Craig Smith, but I think he's just getting better at VOing Ezio. Also, he's obviously doing some new things with the voice now that Ezio's older. Maybe the changes just really stood out at that point.

ace3001
10-05-2011, 07:09 PM
Didn't even notice a difference between first half and second half. Definitely Ezio. And the way his voice has "matured" through the three games is actually pretty cool and realistic. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

archangel_101
10-06-2011, 12:12 PM
youre hearing the older Altair voice for the first time. its not ezio, it switches from ezio then to altair then back to ezio.

LightRey
10-06-2011, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by archangel_101:
youre hearing the older Altair voice for the first time. its not ezio, it switches from ezio then to altair then back to ezio.
No, it really doesn't. It's all Ezio.

dewgel
10-06-2011, 02:51 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by archangel_101:
No, it really doesn't. It's all Ezio. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Lightrey, stop talking like you've got 100% proof that you're right. It's definitely possible. I've listened back and the middle when he says "I will not rest until all my mentor's secrets are bare"

Which could possibly be a reference to Al Mualims secrets and all the Templars were up to.

I don't know, but if it is Roger Craig, his voice just softens up so much and sounds similar to the Altair actor.

People are saying his voice acting has matured for the older Ezio but we've heard him in other scenes (and talking to Sofia) and it sounds nothing like he does.

LightRey
10-06-2011, 04:17 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by archangel_101:
No, it really doesn't. It's all Ezio. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Lightrey, stop talking like you've got 100% proof that you're right. It's definitely possible. I've listened back and the middle when he says "I will not rest until all my mentor's secrets are bare"

Which could possibly be a reference to Al Mualims secrets and all the Templars were up to.

I don't know, but if it is Roger Craig, his voice just softens up so much and sounds similar to the Altair actor.

People are saying his voice acting has matured for the older Ezio but we've heard him in other scenes (and talking to Sofia) and it sounds nothing like he does. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
No, it's Ezio's voice. It's really not that hard to recognize.

Jexx21
10-06-2011, 04:20 PM
I personally never even noticed the change in voice...

I think it's Ezio.

Artemis88
10-06-2011, 04:22 PM
Didn't Mario at some point when talking to Ezio refer to Altair as 'mentor'? (I could be completely wrong or misheard something)

It would be interesting to find out what secrets Al Mualim had (if he had any), but I think in this case, Ezio is talking about Altair's secrets i.e. trying to find the Seals and see what they reveal.

LightRey
10-06-2011, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by Artemis88:
Didn't Mario at some point when talking to Ezio refer to Altair as 'mentor'? (I could be completely wrong or misheard something)

It would be interesting to find out what secrets Al Mualim had (if he had any), but I think in this case, Ezio is talking about Altair's secrets i.e. trying to find the Seals and see what they reveal.
I don't think he did. He just called him "an assassin, like us" if I remember correctly and that was his only reference to Alta´r as far as I remember.

However, according to several interviews, Alta´r was Ezio's "spiritual" mentor if I'm not mistaken.

Artemis88
10-07-2011, 04:39 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Artemis88:

I don't think he did. He just called him "an assassin, like us" if I remember correctly and that was his only reference to Alta´r as far as I remember.

However, according to several interviews, Alta´r was Ezio's "spiritual" mentor if I'm not mistaken. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

^ That's the one I was thinking of! Thank you for the correction =)

itsamea-mario
10-07-2011, 07:40 AM
Well without the codex ezio wouldn't be half the assassin that he is, and I think he does think of Altair as his mentor.

I don't see why they'd randomly put altairs voice in the middle of the trailer, which is why I'm fairly sure it's all ezio.