PDA

View Full Version : THE EASY JAPANESE AI IS MUCH IMPROVED IN DGENBETA3.11 for PF

MK2aw
10-31-2004, 08:15 AM
install DGENBETA3.11 it improves Japanese AI.

I post this because I still see post about it everywhere (even though it's on the front page of the main website and stickied here).

I gave up on the PF forum as the admins refuse to sticky and instead don't mind people posting everyday about how bad the AI is....

Mk2aw

MK2aw
10-31-2004, 08:15 AM

I post this because I still see post about it everywhere (even though it's on the front page of the main website and stickied here).

I gave up on the PF forum as the admins refuse to sticky and instead don't mind people posting everyday about how bad the AI is....

Mk2aw

sapre
10-31-2004, 08:44 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MK2aw:

Mk2aw <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
It certainly improved it when facing as a enemy, but i don't see any change when they are on my side.

JaBo_HH-BlackSheep
10-31-2004, 01:48 PM
DGEN changes AI ?
how is that, i thought DGEN is only to generate missions, or are you refering to Japanese AC in missions generated by DGEN ?

KGr.HH-Sunburst
10-31-2004, 02:02 PM
wierd because with FB/AEP you could set AI level manual in the Config.ini ,why doesnt it works anymore with PF?
also things like MissionDistance and mission difficulty dont seem to work anymore

MK2aw
10-31-2004, 06:07 PM
Yes Dgen sets the historical mix of pilots for each unit depedning on the year for example (well DGEN includes the DB file I should say,this DGEN release includes new DB files):

Novice/Normal/veteran/ace would be represetn with values such as 10/30/40/20

Meaning that 20% of the time you will get an Ace in combat to fight against etc. (I think the values are actually reversed from the order I just placed them in).

You can also use comand lines such as:

[DGEN]
CampaignDifficulty=hard

You can also put:
CampaignDifficulty=easy

It is set to normal by default. Placing this line in your conf.ini file will increase the percentages of aces and decreases novices (if placed on hard) and vice versa if placed on easy.

mk2aw